The Successful Author Mindset: A Handbook for Surviving the Writer's Journey (Books for Writers 4) Kindle Edition
- Highlight, take notes, and search in the book
- Page numbers are just like the physical edition
- Length: 166 pages
- Word Wise: Enabled
- Enhanced Typesetting: Enabled
- Page Flip: Enabled
Switch back and forth between reading the Kindle book and listening to the Audible narration with Whispersync for Voice. Add narration for a reduced price of $1.99 when you buy the Kindle book.
Matchbook Price: $0.99
For thousands of qualifying books, your past, present, and future print-edition purchases now lets you buy the Kindle edition for $2.99 or less. (Textbooks available for $9.99 or less.)
- Thousands of books are eligible, including current and former best sellers.
- Look for the Kindle MatchBook icon on print and Kindle book detail pages of qualifying books. You can also see more Kindle MatchBook titles here or look up all of your Kindle MatchBook titles here.
- Read the Kindle edition on any Kindle device or with a free Kindle Reading App.
- Print edition must be purchased new and sold by Amazon.com.
- Gifting of the Kindle edition at the Kindle MatchBook price is not available.
- Similar books to The Successful Author Mindset: A Handbook for Surviving the Writer's Journey (Books for Writers 4)
This month's Book With Buzz: "The Lying Game" by Ruth Ware
From the instant New York Times bestselling author of blockbuster thrillers "In a Dark, Dark Wood" and "The Woman in Cabin 10" comes Ruth Ware’s chilling new novel, "The Lying Game." See more
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Customers who bought this item also bought
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Top customer reviews
Joanna doesn’t just delve in to the bad and the ugly, she gives suggestions on what to do about it. She even manages to help you see the possibility of finding some good in the bad and the ugly. For example – in the section on rejection and criticism, she says: “Rejection by an agent or a publisher who is not a good fit for your book is a blessing in disguise because you may find a home for it elsewhere or happily self-publish later.”
I can’t speak for everyone, but for me, many passages of this book felt like she was speaking directly to my soul – to that place inside every writer that is vulnerable and sensitive. That part of us that has days when all we want is to go live in the fictional universe we created and not deal with the bad and the ugly of the real world. This book reaches out to that part, gives it a hug and tells it to not be afraid.
There is also something about the format, where each challenge is followed by a possible solution, that is relentlessly brave and positive. Even if the specific solutions in each chapter may not be an exact fit, you can't miss the message:
“When you feel that creeping self-doubt, acknowledge it. Write down your feelings in your journal... and then continue with your writing.” -- Joanna Penn, The Successful Author Mindset
You get a glimpse of personal insight into what makes Joanna Penn write with such conviction. I admire her drive and this book is so inspirational to me. I'm sure it is one that I will refer to often. I would recommend it to authors no matter where they are in their journey.
Most recent customer reviews
Set up an Amazon Giveaway
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Reference > Writing, Research & Publishing Guides > Publishing & Books > Authorship
- Books > Self-Help > Creativity
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Business & Money > Business Life > Motivation & Self-Improvement
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Business & Money > Business Life > Personal Success
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Reference > Writing, Research & Publishing Guides > Fiction
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Reference > Writing, Research & Publishing Guides > Nonfiction
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Reference > Writing, Research & Publishing Guides > Publishing & Books > Authorship
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Reference > Writing, Research & Publishing Guides > Writing Skills
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Self-Help > Creativity
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Self-Help > Happiness
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Self-Help > Self-Esteem