The Successful Author Mindset: A Handbook for Surviving the Writer's Journey (Books for Writers 4) Kindle Edition
- Highlight, take notes, and search in the book
- Page numbers are just like the physical edition
- Length: 166 pages
- Word Wise: Enabled
- Enhanced Typesetting: Enabled
- Page Flip: Enabled
Switch back and forth between reading the Kindle book and listening to the Audible narration with Whispersync for Voice. Add narration for a reduced price of $1.99 when you buy the Kindle book.
Matchbook Price: $0.99
For thousands of qualifying books, your past, present, and future print-edition purchases now lets you buy the Kindle edition for $2.99 or less. (Textbooks available for $9.99 or less.)
- Thousands of books are eligible, including current and former best sellers.
- Look for the Kindle MatchBook icon on print and Kindle book detail pages of qualifying books. You can also see more Kindle MatchBook titles here or look up all of your Kindle MatchBook titles here.
- Read the Kindle edition on any Kindle device or with a free Kindle Reading App.
- Print edition must be purchased new and sold by Amazon.com.
- Gifting of the Kindle edition at the Kindle MatchBook price is not available.
- Similar books to The Successful Author Mindset: A Handbook for Surviving the Writer's Journey (Books for Writers 4)
See the Best Books of 2017 So Far
Looking for something great to read? Browse our editors' picks for the best books of the year so far in fiction, nonfiction, mysteries, children's books, and much more.
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Customers who bought this item also bought
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Top Customer Reviews
Joanna doesn’t just delve in to the bad and the ugly, she gives suggestions on what to do about it. She even manages to help you see the possibility of finding some good in the bad and the ugly. For example – in the section on rejection and criticism, she says: “Rejection by an agent or a publisher who is not a good fit for your book is a blessing in disguise because you may find a home for it elsewhere or happily self-publish later.”
I can’t speak for everyone, but for me, many passages of this book felt like she was speaking directly to my soul – to that place inside every writer that is vulnerable and sensitive. That part of us that has days when all we want is to go live in the fictional universe we created and not deal with the bad and the ugly of the real world. This book reaches out to that part, gives it a hug and tells it to not be afraid.
Oh, how wrong I was.
The Successful Author Mindset should be required reading material for all writers, no matter the stage in their journey. Unlike so many self-help books, it doesn't shove vague platitudes or useless statistics in your face. Instead, Penn offers excerpts from her actual journey (an incredibly gutsy move) and real-life antidotes from herself or other authors to contextualize the problems the book addresses. You will never once feel alone while reading this book.
And hey, the inspiration quotations are pretty inspiring, too.
Penn covers a wide range of doubts, concerns, and inhibitors that affect authors at every stage of writing and publishing. She explains each issue, then follows it with her "antidote" or best advice or steps to move past the problem and on with your creative life.
Best of all is Penn's generosity. Within the text, she freely offers up creative ideas and her own writing, creativity, and productivity "secrets." I finished the book feeling encouraged, energized, and confident, as if I had just spent a couple hours chatting with a friend or mentor.
Do yourself a favor and read this book. Start with the chapters that address your own issues, or read it straight through in one day like I did. You will get what you need out of it. You just have to read.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Set up an Amazon Giveaway
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Reference > Writing, Research & Publishing Guides > Publishing & Books > Authorship
- Books > Self-Help > Creativity
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Business & Money > Business Life > Motivation & Self-Improvement
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Business & Money > Business Life > Personal Success
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Reference > Writing, Research & Publishing Guides > Fiction
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Reference > Writing, Research & Publishing Guides > Nonfiction
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Reference > Writing, Research & Publishing Guides > Publishing & Books > Authorship
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Reference > Writing, Research & Publishing Guides > Writing Skills
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Self-Help > Creativity
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Self-Help > Happiness
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Self-Help > Self-Esteem