- Paperback: 208 pages
- Publisher: Wiley; 1 edition (February 28, 2011)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1119992737
- ISBN-13: 978-1119992738
- Product Dimensions: 6 x 0.5 x 9 inches
- Shipping Weight: 13.4 ounces
- Average Customer Review: 5.0 out of 5 stars See all reviews (1 customer review)
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #460,864 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Successful Freelancing for Web Designers: The Best of Smashing Magazine Paperback – February 28, 2011
Windows 10 For Dummies Video Training
Get up to speed with Windows 10 with this video training course from For Dummies. Learn more.
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Top Customer Reviews
If you're like most freelancers I know, you'll find the information on how to create a professional proposal that sells, how to convert prospects into clients, how to price projects, what should be in a contract (you do use contracts, don't you?), how many comps to do, how to address and prevent project creep, and how to communicate with clients all very useful.
The book is laid out into 4 parts (with a total of 23 chapters):
1. Basic Skills of Freelance Web Designers
2. Communication with Clients and Partners
3. Marketing: Effective Strategies for Freelancers
4. Contracts and Pricing
If you don't have time to read cover to cover, make sure you don't miss Chapter 4: Critical Mistakes Freelancers Make; Chapter 7: Pitching like a Pro; Chapter 16: How to Create the Perfect Client Questionnaire; Chapter 21: Freelance Contracts: Do's and Don'ts; and Chapter 22: What's in a Price: Guidelines for Pricing Web Design.