Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc New Album by Prophets of Rage GNO for iPhone 8 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Tailgating PSFF17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 132 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 136 reviews
on June 22, 2010
I just received this book and Beth supplies a wealth of information that I didn't even receive when I took my classes from my dealer for my particular serger, which is a 4 thread unit.

She covers everything from how the serger works, to set up, the different type of feet you can use and what can be achieved. And so much other valuable information on how to get the most out of these sometimes intimidating machines.

The chapters are broken down and takes you step by step that doing inside curves, corners and many other seemingly difficult seams become relatively easy in no time with practice. It's amazing what can be done by a serger, once you learn the correct way to do it. I feel very confident I can finally master some of the techniques that were glossed over in my class, with this book.

I like that this book also covers a good amount of information on the coverstitch, someday I hope to own a machine that can do just that. There is certainly no shortage of information in this book, well written with great diagrams and pictures and put in a very logical order for skill building.

Through this book I can see where it is very possible to get the most out my machine and cut my sewing time down in half in many cases.

You can't go wrong with this book and if you are looking for just one book to get you acquainted with your machine and master it, no matter how many threads it takes or who it's manufactured by, this is definitely the book for you.
0Comment| 189 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 22, 2014
I would recommend this book for the novice (who will probably benefit from reading and rereading this book) or for the more advanced serging enthusiast who will benefit from the many helpful tips and techniques discussed and illustrated in this book. This is arguably the best book on serging I have read.
on June 5, 2015
I found this to be an excellent book. First, it is spiral bound which makes it easy to use as you learn. It explains in specific detail with illustrations that explain how the Serger works and how to work with it successfully. It explains the capabilities to perform various tasks like shirring, decorative stitches, and the basic over lock stitches. I like how the author focused on the various techniques and stitches rather than a book of projects which I may or may not be interested in. It is clearly written and illustrated, a great book for a beginner as well as a more advanced seamstress.
on January 25, 2017
This is a very informative book. It is providing me with a good background before taking my first course in using a serger.
on May 5, 2014
This is one of the best books that I have found on general ideas for serging. I would highly recommend this for anyone with a serger.
on September 18, 2014
Good book helped me to understand a lot of things I did not know. I have been sewing for years, but am not a a real skilled sewer. My items sometimes turn out others times not so much. I like that I can just open the book for info. Works well with my brother serger.
on March 3, 2015
I'm new to serging and found this a great beginner book to understand how the stitches are made and how they should look.
on September 14, 2013
I have been glancing through the book but not completely read it. It looks to be helpful for me. It came on time and packaged well.
I hope this old girl will learn from it.
on June 14, 2015
good read
on April 4, 2015
This was worth every penny! It helped me a lot since I had never used a serger!