Industrial Deals HPC Spring Reading Introducing Prime Wardrobe nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Country Heat GNO for Samsung S9 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Home Gift Guide Mother's Day gifts across Amazon Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon howardsend howardsend howardsend  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop Now TG18PP_gno

Sugar [Explicit]
Format: MP3 Music|Change
Price:$5.99

on December 27, 2012
Ah, the music of the late 90s and early 2000's. I love this CD. It features their best songs, and it's somehow a comforting album for me. I often put it on for background noise.
on June 26, 2007
It's a shame that Tonic aren't around any more. Perhaps it's because there isn't enough of a market any more for light rock with an emotional undertone that is significant enough to be evocative to its fans without resorting to saturating itself in a sense of sorrow, self-pity or pseudo-hardship. Tonic are much more subtle than that kind of stuff, but the principal strengths of Sugar are the melodically powerful riffs, and the vocal nuances that Emerson Hart adopts, particularly clearly in 'Queen' and 'Top Falls Down'. This was an underrated band and I highly recommend this album.
on November 21, 2015
on June 6, 2012
I only purchased the album for the song "you wanted more" but the album got here in great shape within only 3 days. I'm satisfied
on December 9, 2016
Tonic (Emmo) - the best of the best!!!
on October 25, 2015
Listen to all their Albums over & over!!!!
on November 11, 2001
Tonic's first album, "Lemon Parade", was a very good album with a couple of excellent singles--namely "Open Up Your Eyes" and "If You Could Only See". While this follow-up effort didn't get as big a single as its predecessor, to me it is actually a better album from beginning to end. When I first heard this CD back when it came out, I was surprised how good it really is.
Sure, the first single "You Wanted More" is excellent--melodic with an edge in parts. "Knock Down Walls" is a catchy, uptempo rock radio track. But the rest of the album is equally as good. "Future Says Run" is a memorable leadoff track, the title track is a nice mellow song, and "Queen" flat-out rocks. "Waiting For The Light To Change" is a track that I still rave about--a beautiful emotional track with a slower tempo. "Waltz With Me" is another fantastic slower track, while "Drag Me Down" is another good late-album rocker. All in all, I have to say that the average song on this album is better than the average song on "Lemon Parade". Both are good to great albums. And for sure, I hope Tonic gets more noteriety in the future. With future efforts like this one, they most definitely should.
on September 4, 2001
Rarely has such a radio friendly band produced work of such consistent quality but make no mistake Tonic are a rare group. Their second record "Sugar" is a magnificent example of slick grooves and restrained ballads that will have you singing and tapping your feet in no time. Indeed the first track "Future says run" will get you straight in the game with its forceful guitars and big backbeat. The trend continues from there with the absolute rock 'n' roll of "Knock Down Walls" and "Stronger than mine" contrasting with sincere and haunting ballads ,"Waiting for the light to change" and "Waltz with me". The playing is tight with plenty of momentum but what really sets Tonic apart from the majority of progressive rockers is the song writing of Emerson Hart who consistently produces memorable hooks combined with simple and engaging lyrics. An excellent album from a band with a big future.
on November 1, 2000
I really like this Cd. I first heard it when I rented it from the library not knowing how good it would be. I'm not a huge fan of the softer bands like Fastball, Matchbox 20, or Radiohead, whom Tonic could be compared to, but I really liked this Cd. The first four tracks are worth listening to over and over especially my favorites #3 and #4 ("Knock Down Walls" and "Mean to Me"). The rest of the Cd is alright. The first four are the obvious stand-outs that really make this Cd good, but I can listen to the whole thing even though it gets softer and a little bit bland. Seriously, though, if you like the bands I mentioned above, TRY TONIC! If you are like me and thing they are decent, but not horrible, I would give this Cd a chance, because I did and I am glad that I did.
on June 10, 2003
A alchemic blend of rock-anthems and melancholy musings, this album from trio Tonic is even better than Lemon Parade. This really is the thinking man's rock in a world quickly sinking beneath the nu-metal and hip-hop deluge. It's an eclectic sound...somewhere between Paul Simon and Live, with perhaps a dash of Crowded House. In equal turns both soothing and inspiring, this album is the latest in my collection from a Band that continues to grow and explore.
My personal favourite tracks are Knock Down Walls, which growls and drives with a 'still-humming-it-3-hours-later' chorus, Queen, which is both subtle, and rock-out fun, and Waltz With Me, a rythmic, gentle love song that is touching without getting slushy.
Yeah, I have favourites, but I love every song on this album...its one that I'll stick in my player and realise only when I come to switch it later that its already played through 3 times. More upbeat than Lemon-Parade, I'd highly recommend this to fans and new-comers alike.