Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Beauty Little FIres Everywhere Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited GNO for iPhone 8 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held GNO Shop Now STEMClubToys17_gno

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-4 of 4 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Oct 8, 2006, 1:20:56 PM PDT
Robin says:
I want to read a book similar to Zinn's People's History of the United States, but which focuses on European 20th century history. Anyone have any suggestions?

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 16, 2007, 8:32:43 AM PST
I don't know a general European history book, butI could suggest the book "vive la revolution" by Mark Steel...if I remember correctly. Its a book on the French revolution that is very comedic and easy to read. It can be a little corny, but over all its a fun read. It also carries a different view on the revolution that some would call "liberal" or "leftist". Good read.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 2, 2008, 8:23:07 PM PDT
M. Massimo says:
A little late, I guess...but there's nothing better than:

The Age of Extremes: The Short Twentieth Century, 1914-1991

by Eric Hobsbawm

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 18, 2010, 8:44:38 PM PST
hobsspawn is a communist, supported the democide of mao and stalin
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  4
Total posts:  4
Initial post:  Oct 8, 2006
Latest post:  Jan 18, 2010

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

This discussion is about
A people's history of the United States
A people's history of the United States by Howard Zinn (Library Binding - 1980)
4.5 out of 5 stars (2,826)