Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Sugoi Zap Helmet Cover (Black, One Size)
Amazon Vehicles Buy 2 kids' books and save Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Gemini Syndrome Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Shop Now

on October 17, 2011
Cycling in Minnesota as the weather gets chillier can be a bit bad for your health. I wind up generating a fair amount of body heat and a lot of it radiates out of my head. Having a fairly large head I also don't have a ton of room between my cranium and my helmet. So putting on even a snug fitting hat under my helmet can be a bit awkward and leave me with a lot of pressure points.

This helmet cover helps me with this problem. It fits snugly over both of my bike helmets and keeps the direct wind out of the vents on my helmet while still letting me get a little bit of airflow to help vent the heat pouring out of my head. The bright yellow color with reflective accents helps me feel more secure in the darker evenings when I get to ride as they increase my visibility that much more. And, considering most cold weather cycling gear tends to be in darker shades I definitely appreciate having something a bit louder on to help increase my visibility.

I haven't tried this out in any rain, drizzle or snow yet so can't speak to it's efficacy in those conditions. But, it definitely gets high marks from me so far.
on November 14, 2011
Overall, I'd say it does what it says. The seams aren't sealed, but the material appears to be waterproof. There is a fair amount of condensation on the underside after a long ride so if that's any indication, it will keep your head dry (of rain water).

The material cuts the wind just fine. I wear a Bell Sweep (large) and the cover fits nice and tight. A lot of the covers out there look sloppy on the helmet but not this one. The reflective piping is a nice touch if you're doing any riding in the dark.
on December 30, 2012
Quality of material is great, fits my medium sized adult bell helmet just fine.
Waterproof? I've ridden in the pouring rain twice already and no water dripped in, no wind passed through either.
In the 5degree rainy weather not once did I overheat.
Color is standard neon yellow (unlike GORE's helmet cover which is a dull yellow).
I would recommend this cover in a heartbeat!

Do not soak the cover in soapy water, the reflective strips will come apart. I've glued them back with crazy glue- not the best glue type as the glue hardens when cured but it works. I assume fabric glue would dry pliable.
on January 9, 2014
Any time the weather is cooler than you want to be, keep this on your helmet. And, if your ride warms up mid-day, easily take this cover off for ventilation. Cheap, hassle-free protection from wind (and rain if you're riding slowly and not going to be sweating up the inside of your helmet anyway). Great for visibility. After several years of 3-season use including in the daytime, and some washings, the hi-viz has faded considerably, but it held its color as well as an hi-viz. The hi-viz color is great, and a great safety feature. Probably been 3 years now and the elastic is starting to show signs of wear but no complaints--it's had a long and useful life. The material is wind-proof and water-resistant (possibly water proof, hard to tell because you sweat anyway...), and very stretchy for fit on a wide range of helmet shapes. It will even fit over a visor if your helmet has a visor and you want to keep it on to keep sun or try to keep rain off your face. Not aware of any other helmet cover that is better than this one. I have even run this helmet cover in time trials as a cheap alternative to an aero helmet and an easier alternative to taping vents although I doubt that suggestion is helpful to most folks!
on April 25, 2014
I do not have one of those aerodynamic helmets as pictured; I have a rounded, street-style Bern. I am very happy to report that this cover fits it well!

It's waterproof and a bit reflective, so it does its job!
on November 22, 2011
I really like this for the colder weather. It provides blockage from wind; therefore, helping to keep my head warmer. It also has reflective stripes which I like since I often leave in a.m. when it's still dark. I highly recommend it.
on April 5, 2014
I have used this helmet cover everyday since I bought it and throughout the winter. My morning commute starts at 6:30 am and is a near hour-long ride that, from December through early March is mostly in the dark. I wore the Sugoi in temps as low as 28 degrees, not including wind chill. It performed perfectly as advertised, kept the cold wind from blowing through my helmet's air vents and getting to my damp hair. My head never got cold all winter! It also fit my Bontrager cycling helmet perfectly, snug enough to stay on easily in any condition, not too snug so that it was difficult to put on. I highly recommend the Sugoi with the following proviso - I live in Tucson, Arizona so it very rarely gets lower than 25 degrees on any winter morning. I don't know how the Sugoi will perform in lower temperatures than that. My guess is that it will still keep the wind off your head, but whether or not your head will still be warm in lower temps, I cannot say.
on June 3, 2012
The Sugoi Zap helmet cover fits like a glove on my Bell Furio helmet. The reflective strips add visibility and the cover provides good water prevention in Seattle mist and rain. It does make the helmet warmer for cold weather, but primarily I keep it for wet, rainy or misty days.
VINE VOICEon August 20, 2013
My husband was complaining about his scalp hurting and asked me to take a look. He has super short reddish blond hair and I could see bright pink scalp inbetween the hair, he had a terrible sunburn on his head. But only in spots because of his helmet, he has a helmet that has airflow vents along the top and that's the parts that got burned.

He figured he'd have to buy a different helmet, one that was completely closed in. He didn't want to, it's terribly hot and sweaty this summer and those air vents have been a real blessing. Luckily, I'd just seen a style article about japanese bike helmet covers (the company is called Yakkay, in case anyone's interested), they were freaking adorable and so I tried to find one to buy for myself. But it was going to cost about 62 euros ($83) which is a little much for a helmet cover for me.

So when the hubby had his burnt head problem, I knew just what to look for, a cover for his helmet. This sugoi cover fits over his helmet, he has a Schwinn adult helmet, not sure how to place a link in a review, so I'm not even going to try, you can look at Schwinn men's helmets here. The fit is perfect and has stayed put for the month he's had it.

Best of all, no more burnt scalp. It even allows for airflow so his head doesn't feel like it has a mini sauna attached to it.
on January 2, 2013
Purchased these for our family. We all do winter riding under a gray sky and snowy streets. Wanted to make sure clueless drivers would see us...the "grellow" certainly works but we all look like nerds because the helmet cover does not fit our helmets as streamlined as the sample image indicated...but it closes the vents and keeps us warm...