|Item Weight||1.44 ounces|
|Product Dimensions||4.7 x 0.5 x 8.1 inches|
|Item model number||I000469|
|Item Package Quantity||1|
|Number Of Pieces||8|
Sugru Moldable Glue - Original Formula - Classic Colors 8-Pack
Get free shipping
Free 5-8 business-day shipping within the U.S. when you order $25 of eligible items sold or fulfilled by Amazon.
Or get 4-5 business-day shipping on this item for $5.99. (Prices may vary for AK and HI.)Learn more about free shipping
|You Save:||$2.00 (10%)|
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- Sugru Original Formula is the world’s first moldable glue that sets strong by turning into silicone rubber
- Advanced silicone technology that bonds permanently to almost anything, then sets strong by turning into a durable, tactile silicone rubber overnight
- Ideal for all sorts of DIY projects for indoors and out: Fix, bond, seal, improve, mount and create
- A unique combination of technical properties: waterproof, heat- and cold-resistant, durable, flexible, shock-resistant and electrically insulating (up to 24 volts)
- Bonds to: glass, ceramic, wood, metal, most plastics & more. Forms a strong bond, mount and hang things without drilling, holds up to 2kg/4.4lb
- The packing has been updated as of 10/30/2017, but the product enclosed is the same
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
CHOKING HAZARD -- Small parts. Not for children under 3 yrs.
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Sugru Moldable Glues are a whole new way to fix and make things – now available in two formulas: ● Original Formula: Best all-rounder for DIY & Fixing, cures stronger faster. ● Family-Safe | Skin-Friendly Formula: Best for uses involving kids and prolonged skin contact.
From the Manufacturer
The world’s first moldable glue that sets strong by turning into a durable silicone rubber. Based on advanced silicone technology, it is perfect for fixing, DIY and even making and creating. Use it to fix, bond, seal, mount and create.
Stick it, shape it, and it sets strong by turning into silicone rubber. It’s that easy! Apply Sugru to clean and dry surfaces, and it will withstand even extreme conditions like the dishwasher or a steamy shower, and it can handle temperatures up to 180°C (356°F) and down to -50°C (-58°F).
Sugru sticks permanently to lots of materials like glass, ceramic, wood, metal and most plastics.
You have 30 minutes to fix, build and create.
In 24 hours, it turns into a strong and durable silicone rubber that stays stuck.
Our customers give us great reviews, and that’s what we’re most proud of. And, of course, we love it when TIME Magazine, The New York Times and other great press help spread the word as well.
Describe your product in 3 words.
I can do it in two! Moldable glue.
How did you come up with the idea for this product?
The idea for Sugru came about whilst I was studying design in London. I quickly realized I wanted to make something that allowed other people to fix and redesign things to work better for them.
What makes your product special?
Sugru’s versatility. It can be used for literally thousands of different jobs: fixing stuff that’s broken, personalizing and improving things to work better, and even making something entirely new.
What has been the best part of your startup experience?
Nurturing a community of fixers and makers around the world. Since we launched in 2009, Sugru-ers have shared thousands of ideas with us, so I am learning what Sugru can be used for every single day!
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
I wrapped Sugru around the original band and gave it 24 hours to cure. It worked well, and I haven't had any problems with it since then. Even though the band is still broken, the Sugru attached to it and holds the band in place over the strap.
I would recommend Sugru for many different kinds of repairs, but it's not perfect. Here is my opinion on Sugru's strengths and weaknesses.
* Easy to work with
* Strong and long lasting
* Lots of applications
* Comes in various colors
* Short shelf-life. Depending on how you store it, Sugru will be usable for around 6 months sealed in its package. This makes it difficult to buy the right amount of Sugru for your application. Since repairing my watch, I searched for other things to repair. While I found a few others, I don't know if I will end up using all of it, which means it will go to waste.
* Can't save leftover Sugru. Once you open a package, you have to use all the Sugru.
* Expensive. This is especially true if you end up wasting some of the Sugru for lack of projects.
* Stiffer than you might think. Many of the suggested uses imply that you can add Sugru to handles and knobs to provide cushioning. However, cured Sugru is rather hard and has little give. That makes is good for some situations (repair a watch band), but not so great for others (cushion the inside of a scissor handle).
* Heavier than you might think. Sugru is fairly dense so it adds noticeable weight to repairs. I particularly noticed this when I used it to seal the wires of a set of earphones I fixed (re-soldered the wires).
* Not sticky or "grippy". I applied some leftover Sugru to the bottom of a USB hub thinking it would help keep the hub from slipping, but it had little effect.
So far, I've used Sugru to:
* Repair a watch band (effective use of Sugru).
* "Cushion" the inside handle of a pair of scissors (did not provide cushioning).
* Provide cushioning under a glass tabletop (worked very well)
* Seal wires of a repaired set of earphones (effective seal, but added considerable weight and stiffness)
* Keep an old iPhone USB plug from breaking any further (worked well)
* Add rubber feet to a USB hub to prevent slipping (did not provide noticeable grip)
First, the positive: I got it mostly as an alternative to electrical tape for repairing charging cables on which my cats have shredded the coating. This has happened to several, so it was easy to use up a whole pack- this is good, since once opened, the stuff cures whether or not you've used it. It was easy to use, and has made a somewhat flexible cover replacing the shredded plastic. It was easy to use. I kneaded it a bit before applying, because it seemed a bit granular right out of the package, but smoothed up well. As you can see in the attached photo, I did not make extra efforts to make the repair look slick and pro!
So far I am very happy with it. It was FAR easier to get a good covering for the wires with it than with electrical tape. I did have enough jobs to use the whole packet, so none of it went to waste.
Potential negatives: the expiration date is Dec 2017, for the stuff I got April 2 2017. I still have 7 packages to use! One review suggest storing it in the refrigerator, and I will do that.
Also, several people have had their repairs crack and break promptly. I will edit this review if any of mine do! I suspect that they did not knead the putty before using it, which was important to get a uniform smooth texture.
So far, though, I am very happy with it! I gave it 4 stars instead of 5 mostly because the shelf life is short- I got 8 months, but some people have reported 3, and there’s no way to tell until you buy it.