- File Size: 3351 KB
- Print Length: 184 pages
- Simultaneous Device Usage: Unlimited
- Publisher: Garden Gnome Publications (July 6, 2014)
- Publication Date: July 6, 2014
- Sold by: Amazon Digital Services LLC
- Language: English
- ASIN: B00LKSYX2M
- Text-to-Speech: Enabled
- Word Wise: Enabled
- Lending: Enabled
Amazon Best Sellers Rank:
#1,941,768 Paid in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Paid in Kindle Store)
- #4064 in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Anthologies & Short Stories
- #7235 in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Genre Fiction > Anthologies
- #10477 in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Post-Apocalyptic
Sulfurings: Tales from Sodom & Gomorrah (Biblical Legends Anthology Series Book 2) Kindle Edition
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Top Customer Reviews
I was glad to see the return of the Incorporeums and return of Mr. Gray and Mr. Silver.
While the Garden of Eden Anthology was almost light hearted in its biblical fiction Sulfurings was much darker and gritty. The detail of the horrors were almost palatable. At times I imagined I could smell the sulfur and feel the terror of those of Sodom. I almost felt sorry for them, almost.
Having said that, I enjoyed many of the stories in the book. My favorites would have to be:
Ruiins of Gomorrah, And the Child Shall Lead, The Remorse of the Incorporeum, The story thick air really kicked ass. I liked most of the work but these were my favorites. This is definitely worth the read if you are into biblical fiction and horror as well and just the stories that I mentioned are worth the 2.99 asking price three times over (Considering as always that a paper version of this book would have cost you at least eight to ten duckets. It is a good read and worth reading. 'nuff said.
Allen Taylor, editor
Garden Gnome Publications
The Sulphurings is the second anthology inspired by a Biblical story. In this case it is the tale of the destruction of Sodom and Gomorrah. The stories range in length from flash fiction to longer short stories. They also run the gamut of genres and plots from sci-fi to horror to fantasy. The only consistent element is the fire of destruction raining down from the heavens.
Reading the stories it is easy to forget they are inspired by The Bible as Lot and his daughters are mentioned only tangentially in a few stories and don't appear in the rest.
This is the kind of book you pick up to read a short story here and there. Read all at once they become a little overwhelming. The stories are well crafted and chosen by editors who know their way around paper and ink as well as fire and brimstone.
I'd recommend this book to short story enthusiasts.
I read it straight through without stopping. That alone says a lot about this collection of stories. I like books that get better the further you get into it and that have references to previous parts too. Very nice read.
This ebook is full of interesting story lines. Garden Gnome Publications has some great ideas for anthologies. I love the Biblical themes and look forward to reading more.
Set up an Amazon Giveaway
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Literature & Fiction > Short Stories & Anthologies > Anthologies
- Books > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Post-Apocalyptic
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Anthologies & Literature Collections
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Genre Fiction > Anthologies
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Anthologies & Short Stories
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Post-Apocalyptic