Oil month Automotive Best Books of the Month Introducing Prime Wardrobe nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Weekly One PCB for select Bang & Olufsen Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Mother's Day gifts Home Gift Guide Mother's Day gifts across Amazon Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Hostiles available to rent Hostiles available to rent Hostiles available to rent  Kids Edition Echo Dot Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now SWMTVT18_gno

• Customer Reviews

These cord wraps are perfect for what *I* need them for, but I totally get that they are not perfect for every use, and so it makes sense that the reviews are mixed.

I had an advantage in that I used to have one of these, and so I was looking for *exactly* this (so it make sense that it is perfect for what I wanted it for, because I wanted this specific cordwrap :-) ).

What I wanted it for was, again specifically, wrapping earbuds. And it is, indeed, perfect for that. Basically these are made for something that has a very thin cord (earbuds), and that has something at each end (earbuds) and that is not super long (psst...earbuds).

I am reasonably certain these will *not* work for something with a fatter cord, or a very long cord. They are much better at being earbud cord wraps than they would be for taking up the slack in a plugged-in power cord (for example).
on October 26, 2013
I recently purchased several of these Sumajin Smartwrap Earphone Cord Manager (Set of 3 - Red, Black, White), as well as Kikkerland HH41-R Medium Bobino Cord Wrap, Red. Both are highly rated, but the Sumajin I found to be superior to the Kikkerland, both technically and aesthetically:

- Theses cord wraps are more secure for both cord ends
- These handle asymmetric cord lengths, while the others do not; I have a few pairs for athletic activities for which asymmetric lengths are sometimes better
- These are thicker than the others, and have a nice-to-feel tactile quality, supple and soft
The design is essentially what I was looking for, but I wish they were slightly lighter and thinner, and the slot where the cord goes really doesn't need to be as stiff and secure - since I have to struggle a bit to get the cord back out every time I am ready to unwind it all from the holder to use the cords with my phone. I had a 'flimsy' thin plastic version the same shape as these, light as a feather, they still totally worked and kept the cords managed when not in use, but I lost it. This one is overkill, but I use it anyway because I couldn't find the thin light design (the original that I lost came free with a different product)
on October 26, 2012
I haven't found that they do much to keep my wires from getting tangled because when I unwrap the headphone wires, they come off wanting to twist back to the wrapped state. Have to be careful to avoid snags.

These ARE nice for longer term storage. AND their effectiveness might be vary with different kinds of wires, brands of headsets.

All that said, they're certainly better than the bird's nest it is possible to create by just wadding headset wires up, and sticking in the pocket!

****

Update 1/9/2013 - Have folding "over the ear headphone" with VERY LONG WIRE. I wrapped the wire around one of these devices (which add little weight to the wire) and it does an excellent job of keeping the extra wire under control. Upgrading my initial review. But for that specific use, not so much for my "cell phone earbuds"
on April 23, 2014
I was a little disappointed that the cord managers were close to 3" long x 1" wide. The pictures make them look smaller! It is almost more than half the size of my iPod. I used the white for iPod and black to put on my cordless telephone wire. I hope I can find a similar manager in a smaller size in the future. It seems like a lot of product makers don't make things in more convenient sizes, such as those ugly power bricks that come with computers, staplers, etc. Also, the cord that came with my last iPod was too short!
on June 17, 2014
There is something super satisfying about wrapping cords on these things after you use your device, instead of tossing the whole mess into a drawer. I find that there are uses for all of the different sizes, and am not sorry that I ordered them all. I am going to order more now that I know how much Iike them. I'm using them at home and at the office, too.
on February 21, 2013
My 1st foray into a cord manager thingy (yes my technical term). I needed something for my iPod earphones that I keep in my iPad sleeve and for those in my purse. My criteria: small, lie flat, effective, sturdy but flexible = these meet all those criteria. They are just a little over 2.5 inches in length. Smooth edges all around = comfortable to handle. Recommend!
on June 8, 2014
They do what they are supposed to and are not at all flimsy like some such cord 'manager' items. I use them for my iPod earbuds and my Roku3 earbuds. I have the red/black/white combo and, well, no complaints there.

These are just so nice to have to keep from bad things happening to your small cords (such as that of a set of earbuds particularly) and mine are in constant use whenever I'm not using my earbuds. You can also lock the cord onto the cord manager during use, so that you don't lose it, and it will stay in place. It just adds that bit of weight to your cord but if you place it low it doesn't get in the way or further weigh down your cord.

This is just so little to pay for a really GOOD quality cord manager. The really flimsy ones just aren't worth the savings, IMO.
on March 30, 2017
Got so sick of tangled up ear buds and chargers. This neatens it all up, saves time from detangling and easier to pack when you need to travel with them all.
on May 8, 2014
Just how annoying are tangled ear buds? Improve your mood before listening to your tunes with these handy smart-wraps. Not only do they keep your ear buds from tangling, they make your ear buds completely findable amongst other items you might carry in your bag. They cleverly compact them for storage into the tiniest of places, and their unique shape and feel makes them easy to locate in instances where visibility into your bag isn't convenient and you're forced to rummage... Love 'em!