Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Beauty Most Anticipated Fall Children's Books STEM nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch New Album by Prophets of Rage PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Shop Now STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 48 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 50 reviews
on August 3, 2016
I've had this bag for two years. Used as a daily briefcase where the bottom area, due to the padding, acts as a cooler for bringing lunch to work. it easily fits frozen meal boxes + sides. Then on weekends/trips, its a perfect camera + electronics + briefcase. This has allowed me to move from 3 bags into 1 (3: work backpack, lunch cooler, camera bag). This bag is one of a kind as far as I've ever seen (and I'm a nosy geek about peoples backpacks), that divides vertical space. In every other bag I've owned and seen, the vertical space is divided into compartments from top to bottom, which is useless and makes you stack everything. This bag's designers deserve a ux medal. Two improvements if sumdex decides to make it again - more dividers/pockets in the top area + divider in the laptop sleeve for notebook/folder.
review image review image
on September 21, 2015
I've had this backpack for about 5 months. I use it to store a Nikon D5300 and some camera accessories in the main compartment, as well as other hiking stuff in the top compartment (snacks, books, tablet, sunscreen, etc.). It also has a thin compartment in the back that runs the whole length of the bag, which has proven big enough for a large beach towel (even with the main compartments full). So far it has been on two weekend hiking trips and a two-week hiking trip (with daily use).

Comfort: It's a very comfortable bag. You can adjust it to a snug fit, and it has gel pads on the back of it. Even wearing it for full-day hikes, it has been very comfortable.

Size: The size is perfect. You can use it as a an airplane carry-on / personal item. It has enough space to store my camera and everything else I want on a plane (books, tablet, chargers, snacks, etc.), while still fitting under the seat with plenty of room to spare. It's small enough that even at full capacity it's not too heavy to use for a full day of hiking / wandering.

Quality: For the most part, it has been holding up pretty well. With that said, the liner on one of the straps has already started to come apart (stitches came out), which makes me wonder how well it will do over the long-term.

Other: The main camera compartment has dividers that (sort of) can be adjusted. They really only work well in the position they start in. I've found one other configuration that kind of works, but I often have to restick the velcro. If you try to customize that compartment, the velcro rarely sticks in configurations that would be useful. I was also a little worried that the camera might fall out when I unzip the bag (because it has no divider between the camera and the zipper), but it fits snugly and hasn't been an issue.
on January 29, 2014
While it holds all I need it to, the bottom section is a bit strange. The velcro inside where you can move the partitions around doesn't go all the way to the edge and there are not many ways to put them, the really strange part is the wasted space where it opens the left of the picture shown, when you unzip it things put in the section nearest to the opening (left side of picture bottom) fall out. Its goofy. It works for what I needed it to and the price was right as these things are priced crazy no matter where you look! I paid forty for this one. Its padded well and the backpack part is comfy.
on March 17, 2013
If it had an easy method for attaching a monopod to its exterior it would be perfect. As most people probably will, I purchased this so that I would not have to check either my laptop or my camera while flying for a vacation and I was pleased to find how much extra space I had in the bag. It easily held everything I cared about being "lost" by the TSA with very little shoving.
There is an excellent loop on the left shoulder strap placed well for a radio and this bag has served me well for short hikes away from camp.

Obligatory pocket-dump style account of what it manged to hold for me: Laptop, Laptop charger, WD Passport drive, Nikon D500 with two kit lenses, flash, extra camera battery, charger, a handful of memory cards, an assortment of other camera accessories, iCom IC-91AD, a water bottle, a decent sized paper back book, and a wind breaker. With my PS:Vita clipped to the handy plastic loop at the end of the right shoulder strap, this holds everything I need to be entertained on long flights.
on June 11, 2012
I looked at a lot of bags before ordering this one - both online and in stores. For the price and purpose, I don't think you'll do better.

We wanted a small, light-weight, versatile bag that would squish flat but still provide suitable padding for our DSLR + extra lens/mini tri-pod and an iPad. Plus, we wanted the bag to function as a day pack while traveling - carrying a water bottle, snacks, and small purchases picked up throughout the day. The upper compartment is fairly small and won't fit everything we'd carry for a day of sight-seeing or hiking, but it has more room in the camera compartment than we need. The padded dividers are all secured with velcro, so they can be re-configured or removed. We'll probably use that extra space for small necessities like a first aid kit and rain jacket. The side-opening double zipper will also make getting the camera in/out much easer than our old bag. The computer compartment is not big by any standards, and is quite thin because of the THICK padding on the back and the limited dimensions of the bag itself. Our iPad will fit just fine, as would my most laptops less than about 14" or a super thin 15". Finally there is a mesh pocket on one side to hold a small water bottle or miscellany.

One negative is that the zipper pulls aren't made for locking. You'd need a cable for the camera or top compartments and there's only a single zipper on the computer sleeve. Otherwise, the build seems sturdy. The fabric is heavy enough to resist water (probably not a squall, but I'd be looking for shelter then anyway), the zippers are covered to reduce leaks, and the seams aren't frayed or mismatched. The bag is comfortable on the back with thick padded straps. It doesn't have waist or chest straps, but you'd be hard-pressed to cram enough stuff in the bag to need them. Did I mention the padding is THICK? You could drop this bag 10 ft and nothing would be harmed.

Update: 1 year later
This bag has really grown on us in the last year. I now use it every day to tote my 12" laptop to/from work since it is smaller and lighter than any other padded laptop bag I have come across. We took it with us for a 3 week vacation in Europe last fall and a 5 month assignment in the UK for work. It's been stuffed with everything from camera gear to rain gear, winter soccer match neccesities to Paddington Bear, day trip snacks and purchases to business electronics. We also discovered that the divider between the upper and lower compartments has a zipper and can be folded down to open up the backpack into one larger compartment + laptop compartment. Nothing inside has ever gotten wet or damaged, despite getting caught in rain squalls in Switzerland and dropped from the kitchen counter at home. The only real signs of wear are the fraying nylon interior liner at the most stressed seams (we really do stuff it full sometimes).
Enthusiast: Photographyon October 29, 2013
I do video production and use Dslr cameras and this is an amazing back pack. It's help me get more organized and easy to go from job to job. it's a good size, but if you have a lot of lenses espically longer ones this might not be for you. The one thing I wish it has was more pockets. You have one on the top when you open a zip pocket to store stuff like small cables and stuff, and you have one on the bottom it's on top of the flap. This is very small and is meant to hold your SD cards and that's pretty much it. It's made very well. I'm very happy with it.
on March 9, 2011
After days of searching for the perfect bag to carry my camera equipment and computer in while being comfortable as possible and still retaining carry-on abilities while flying, I settled on this one. Actually, I had purchased a Lowepro 180AW, but it was nowhere near large enough. I also wanted something that didn't have a waste or chest strap since I am not exactly a tiny woman. I'm about a US size 18.

As I unloaded this backpack, I was impressed with it's overall quality, appearance, and size. I unzipped and rezipped all the pockets to check out the zippers. I played around with it a little, then decided it was time to see what it could hold.

I started by loading my Canon 7D body with 18-135mm lens and hood attached. So far so good. Then I added my other two lenses, a basic Canon 75-300mm lens and a Tokina very wide angle lens with reversed hood. The Canon lens fit fine after adjusting the velcro separators. The Tokina had to be squeezed in there, which makes me nervous. I proceeded anyhow with my camera chargers, lens filters, and 430 flash. The flash had to be bend at a 90 degree angle to fit or that bag would not have closed at this point. I also squeezed in a point and shoot in it's case. I ended up having to put the wires and all in the upper compartment, but other than my lens cleaning kit, they all fit behind the mesh wall in there. Lastly, I loaded my 13" Macbook into the laptop slot, zipped it all up, and put it on my back.

This backpack has ample room for strap adjusting. So, I am very pleased that it is made for people of all sizes, and in fact, I didn't even need the straps halfway down, so it had a lot of room to grow. While the computer was inside, this back was not exactly comfortable. It also had a tendency to want to sit on my butt. I don't have a "shelf" booty, but it would probably be a terrible idea to use this bag if you have one. I took my Macbook out, and tried it on again. Much better! It felt comfortable enough for what I need it for. If you are an avid hiker, you may prefer a bag with at least a chest strap, and possible a waste strap as well. Also, there is no place for my tripod, so I will have to tote that around in it's own bag, which is a bit disappointing. If your computer is larger than my 13" Macbook, you may have a hard time fitting it in this bag too, so keep that in mind.

Overall, the bag has a nice appearance and will serve it's purpose. I feared a larger bag would have not made the carry-on requirements, but I kind of wish I would have purchased one anyhow. I will be keeping this bag though since it is here already and was reasonably priced.
on March 5, 2013
I bought this instead of the 89 $ Lowepro hatchback. This was under $50 and I was not sure the hatchback was big enough for my rebel t4i WITH the attached battery grip. I wanted my 18-200mm lens to always be attached to the cameraas well. I also have a 75-400mm lense and a 40mm.....plus a small external flash. All fit in the lower
camera compartment but my huge telephoto had to go in the top compartment. I like the zipper with clasps because it seems to have an added security feaature if u are in a crowded tourist spot with the bag on your back.
I also love the tablet compartment, it seems very well padded. Also great for carrying on an airplane.
I was not impressed at first sight and admit I am a little stuck on name brands....but so far I think I made a good transition from my old lowe pro trekker II. Which has held up but was very short and compact and would not hold the tablet, this new pack feels better on my back as it is a little longer and fits my torso.
on July 12, 2015
Just the right size for road trip vacation in Europe, not bulky like the Lowepro . Held Canon T3i with a Sigma 18-200 zoom attached, and still had room in the lower compartment for small items like battery charger, international plug adapters etc. The laptop compartment held 2 items ( Lenovo Toga 11.2" + Samsung S 10.5") The top compartment was a good size to hold wallet, and a point and shoot, keys etc. The bag is lightweight which is a plus if you are hauling it with you everywhere sine it is suggested that you do not leave any valuables in your rental car.
on January 17, 2014
I was extremely disappointed in this bag. I carry a lot of eclectic devices from DSLRs to Tablets and thought this would solve my need for multiple bags. I was wrong.

The inserts may be Velcro but they only work in a single configuration. The side panels are extremely small the it isn't able to old my Canon with a barratry grip attachment. I've returned this item and since purchased a Portare PBP2 which is in one word - amazing.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.