Lyft Industrial Deals Oprah's Book Club Red Shoes We Love nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Weekly One All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon victoriaS2 victoriaS2 victoriaS2  Three new members of the Echo family Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now TG18_gno

on July 3, 2007
I have three daughters - ages 9, 6 & 3. My 9 year old will be entering 4th grade this year and the 6 year old will be entering 1st. My 9 year old struggled at the start of 2nd grade. It took her almost a whole month to get back into the swing of things. So, last summer I bought a Summer Bridge Activities book for her. She sailed right into 3rd grade. Her teacher agreed that it made a difference. This summer, I'm having both the 6 year old and the 9 year old use their Summer Bridge Activities books as well as read as time allows. I can already see it helping keep them fresh on what they've already learned in school and I'm sure they will be ready to go in September!

One side note - I bought a similar book at KMart called "Summer Activities" published by Cookie Jar Publishing for $4.99. Guess what....it is almost the same book as Summer Bridge....I mean the same exact pages/activities!!! The only difference is that Summer Bridge has a few extra pages/activities. I wasn't very happy when I discovered this!
on April 25, 2017
I love bridge books. This one was filled out. Bit pointless for my kid when someone gave them all the answers.
on February 16, 2018
good summer homework
on June 15, 2009
As a third grade teacher, I have found this series to be an excellent summer review program. It takes my own children about 15 minutes to do their pages each day, while providing critical review in reading, grammar, and math. I will recommend this book to all of my students' parents next year. Even the highest students can benefit from a short review during the summer.
on May 22, 2013
These books are great for kids to do during the Summer and throughout the year! I purchase 2 for the summer- one for current level and additional for the level ahead.
on March 27, 2014
I found this book to be useful in easing the transition from kinder to 1st grade. Easy to do at home with your child and great summer activity.
on February 3, 2014
We love this series! We do a page a summer. I love that it can be independent work with follow up. It refresh & begins to build on other skills
on July 9, 2011
This book is a great way to help your child maintain his/her academic skills over the summer. The book is a little too easy though. However, it does give your child confidence that he/she can cope with 1st grade.
on July 16, 2014
USEFUL
on January 12, 2011
We like the summer activities. they help my children not to forget the little things as well as some of the bigger things..during there break before school starts