Summer Infant Sure and Secure Double Bedrail, Blue (Discontinued by Manufacturer)
There is a newer version of this item:
- Both panels measure 42 5''l x 20''h and assembles in less than 5 minutes
- Folds down for easy access to the bed or to change linens
- Accommodates twin to queen size mattresses
- Accommodates up to queen size mattresses
- Minimal assembly required
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Top Customer Reviews
So overall, they worked well, until the clips broke. Maybe these rails are not good for a queen bed - that would be my concern.
- The product is made of excellent quality tubular metal. This not makes it incredibly strong but light. This was important to me since our kids have been known to be rough on plastic items and bend or break them with ease
- The few plastic components that are there are also excellent quality. They open easily and lock with a satisfying click!
- The blue colored cover is high quality. Some other reviewers had noted that the cover was a bit thin. That is indeed true - it is thin. However it is made of strong material similar to that used to make luggage. The zipper fit easily and I was able to zip it up without trouble
- The blue is much lighter than the photograph indicates on this site. However we wanted a lighter color to fit with the overall pastel and flower theme of our kids bedroom and this fits perfectly.
- The packaging claims that you can fit this in 5 minutes. That is not true. A more realistic estimate is around 15 minutes. However it is true that absolutely no tools were required to assemble this and make it taut with the bed.
By the way we have an IKEA Malm bed. To make this work on that bed, we purchased some plywood from Home Depot that I laid down on top of the slats. That gave it the flat base to easily place this product and have it be taut with the mattress. The downside to the Malm bed is that we cannot fold this down since the mechanism that allows it to fold is deep within the side well and inaccessible. However we are just glad to find something that worked.
I am updating this review after many months of use. I figured out the reason for difficulty in unlatching the hooks. You have to push the rail into the bed and the latches lift right up. So I changed my 4 stars to 5!
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Excellent products, we've had these on our kids bed for almost 5 years now, kids have shaken them well while playing on the bed, but these are still standing and in great shape.Published 4 months ago by Nitin Aggarwal
don't even want to give one star. this broke after 3 months of use. never will i buy it nor would i recommend.Published 6 months ago by Amazon Customer
Let me begin by saying that I do not review products ever. I just wanted to say how fast and precise the shipping was along with quality and ease of use of this item. Read morePublished 9 months ago by Alan Cone
They work great. A little tight on a queen bed but they can fit.Published 10 months ago by Amazon Customer
Item broke within 2 months of purchase. Had to jump through some hoops but after speaking with the manufacturer, they agreed to replace the rails.Published 20 months ago by shawn nelson
These are the best bedrails ever! We used them from the time my son turned 3 when we let him sleep in his full sized bed. Finally took the bedrails at age 4 1/2. Read morePublished 22 months ago by Mom2TwoTots