|Price:||$16.99 & FREE Shipping|
|You Save:||$5.00 (23%)|
Summer Infant SwaddlePod 2-Pack, Hungry Caterpillar, Newborn (Discontinued by Manufacturer)
There is a newer version of this item:
- 93% cotton; 7% spandex
- Simple zip up swaddle solution designed with leading safe sleep experts
- Soft, comfortable spandex cotton blend stretches with babies movement for their comfort
- Two way zipper for easy diaper changes
- Perfect for newborns and preemies
- Stage 1: SwaddlePod, Stage 2: SwaddleMe, Stage 3: WrapSack, Stage 4: ComfortMe
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Summer Infant SwaddlePod 2 PK Cotton Spandex Blend - Caterpillar
The Summer Infant SwaddlePad was developed together with leading safe sleep experts. The SwaddlePod is ideal for very young infants (perfect for newborns) in that it creates a co zip womb like feeling for baby and helps prevent baby from startling awake. Simple and easy to use, just zip baby into pod. the soft, comfortable spandex cotton blend stretches with babies movement for comfort. Includes a 2-way zipper to unzip from bottom for quick diaper changes.
From the Manufacturer
SwaddleMe: Award-Winning Safe Sleep ProductsTrusted by Parents Around the Globe
- Simple zip-up swaddle solution for newborns and preemies
- Helps you and your baby get a good night’s sleep by preventing the startle reflex that can wake up your infant
- Soft, comfortable spandex-cotton blend recreates the familiar snugness of the womb
- Two-way zipper for easy diaper changes
- Newborn size SwaddlePod intended for infants 5-10 pounds, up to 26 inches
- 100% Cotton
4 Stages of Swaddling
Babies change a lot in the first year of life, and the developmental needs of a newborn differ greatly from those of a 6 month old or 1 year old. SwaddleMe Sleep Stages make the first year the best year. By helping everyone get more sleep, we help you to enjoy the magic and joy a baby brings. So whether you have a newborn who craves the comfort and snugness of the womb, or a baby who has learned to roll over and now needs to be swaddled with arms out, everyone gets more sleep with SwaddleMe.
Stage 1: SwaddlePod
SwaddlePod is the first stage in swaddling, and is ideal for newborn and preemie babies, between 5 and 10 pounds. It helps you and your newborn get a good night’s sleep by preventing the 'moro', or startle, reflex that can wake your newborn. The SwaddlePod recreates the familiar snugness of the womb that your baby craves. A convenient two-way zipper makes nighttime diaper changes quick and easy.
Stage 1: SwaddlePod, Simple Swaddle Solution
Ideal for newborns, SwaddlePod creates a cozy womb-like feeling for baby and helps prevent the startle reflex that can wake your infant. Simple and easy to use, just zip baby into the pod for a secure, comfortable fit.
Safer Sleep, Sweeter Dreams
Providing a proper sleep environment is one of the most important things you can do for your baby. SwaddleMe replaces hazardous loose blankets in the crib and helps keep babies safely on their backs to protect against SIDs. All of our swaddle wraps have plenty of stretch and room for baby’s developing hip bones, while still giving the security and snugness. Better sleep for baby and parents can also decrease the risk of Post-Partum Depression, which currently affects 1 in 7 women in the U.S. It is important to stop swaddling with arms in once your baby learns to roll over, and always make sure your swaddle wrap is being used as directed for each stage of development.
Top Customer Reviews
1) When the baby is tiny (under 7 pounds), the Swaddlepod works more effectively if you put it on over a sleeper. Just putting your pumpkin in a onesie and a Swaddlepod will allow hands to escape. Once your baby chunks up a bit, you'll find it's easier to keep him/her snuggled up in a Swaddlepod.
2) Buy two. Or three. It's inevitable that baby will puke (oh, not my baby!), and you'll want to swap out your Swaddlepod. We found that the Swaddlepod stayed wet around the neck and was uncomfortable for her until we replaced her Swaddlepod for a fresh one. (And truly, as they are relatively inexpensive compared to the Woombie, it behooves you to buy at least two.)
3) Start investigating what you'll do after you've reached the weight limit for this nifty item. She is reaching the weight limit for this product and while she's now fitting into a Swaddleme, we wish that the company would make these in a larger size. (In fact, we've had several friends and relatives joke that they wish the company made these in adult sizes...)
This swaddlepod is thinner than the expensive brand. So far that hasn't been a problem. In fact i like that since i can put a light cotton sleeper on the baby, and she doesnt get to hot with the swaddlepod on. The temp seems just right. With the more expensive brand, I didnt feel comfortable using more than a onsie underneath. I did not start using this particular swaddlepod until my baby was 5 weeks old, so keep that in mind. She was probably 9 or so pounds by then. The more expensive brand has a tight neck area, which I understand is to prevent baby from getting his/her hands out, but it just seems too tight to me. I did have it zipped down further like they suggest, but I was still paranoid in the night that it would be uncomfortable to baby. The swaddlepod has a more generous neck opening and it definitely set my mind at ease about any possible choking. My baby is just now, at 9 weeks, trying to get her hands out. The swaddlepod pod gives her the security she needs to keep her arms from flailing in the night. While it could be her personality, she has been my best night time sleeper out of the six kids I have, and I attribute a good chunk of that to the swaddlepod. I wondered how the swaddlepod covered the zipper, since that wasn't clear on the picture.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Does your baby bust out of swaddles and flail around until he or she wakes up? Try a SwaddlePod. I don't know if I suck at swaddling or if my son was part ninja, but this product... Read morePublished 1 day ago by Rebecca S.
These are a MUST for newborns. We had 3 and we LOVED them. Even the nurses in the hospital raved about them. Read morePublished 7 days ago by Nerdmom15
I loooove summer infant swaddles but we did not love this product. It was a little too stretchy and our little one was still able to get his little hand out of the neck.Published 1 month ago by Jackie Mask
These saved our lives as new parents! They're so much easier to use than a regular swaddle blanket. You just zip them up, or zip them down. Read morePublished 1 month ago by prettiecookie
Easy to use, and super comfortable. I used these on my son when he was first born and they were perfect!Published 2 months ago by Amber Scofield
its okay not something i would buy again. i figured i needed this to swaddle my little one but i felt the zipper was so large compared to my little baby .. Read morePublished 2 months ago by Stephanie =)
This was one of the best things I purchased when I had my baby girl!
There are other brands out there that provide a Velcro securing feature. Read more