Summer Infant Resting Up Napper (Discontinued by Manufacturer)
- Polyester, Metal
- Portable 30 degree inclined seat helps baby sleep sounder
- Soothing vibrations help baby fall asleep
- Compact fold for great secondary use for positioning/napping around the house or on the go
- 3-point harness and breathable mesh sides make for safe, comfortable sleep
- Detachable cover for easy machine wash
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Top Customer Reviews
* The vibrating feature turns itself off after a while if you pick up the baby and forget to turn it off.
* It's very portable and you can take it with you easily so that you always have someplace to put the baby down for a nap if you're out visiting with friends or relatives.
* It's summer here in Florida and the venting panels do a lot to enable airflow and help keep baby cool.
* The design is gender and decor neutral so it doesn't stick out like a sore thumb and you can use it for boys or girls.
* The holster is much like the ones designed for car seat so baby is safely secured in place, even if they are a wiggler.
* The cover comes off easily and can be washed in a standard washing machine.
This is a great little folding napper and would make a great gift.
PROS: Both of my babies (twins) loved this napper. It really helped my baby girl with her acid reflux. I place her in the chair for 30 minutes after her feedings and it seems to really make a difference with her spit up and acid reflux.
The napper is also low to the ground so it won't easily tip over.
The fabric is breathable and washable.
Has a secure strap and easily portable, the legs fold down.
Sad to see Amazon discontinued this product because I definitely recommend this napper
Update: you can find one at TJ Maxx or any other store around $20 or less. please check other websites before making the final purchase!!
We opened and examined the Napper with my daughter-in-law who is a bit of an expert in these items, having bought or borrowed five "nappers" for her son, who suffered from reflux as a newborn and so, was not a happy infant.
Our conclusion was that the Summer Infant Napper was very similar to other nappers, but had two main differences which we felt would make this Resting Up Napper better than the others. First was the vibrating motor feature. I remember putting my daughter in her infant seat, nearly 30 years ago and then putting the seat on top of the spinning clothes drying as the motion seemed to soothe her. My daughter-in-law did the same thing 4years ago. She also tried an infant seat that she could manually rock. Movement definitely seems to soothe an infant and the Summer Napper has that movement built right in. The second difference, to us, is the best feature of all. The Summer Portable Napper is just that: very portable. It folds almost flat and is easy to carry with one hand, while carrying the baby in your other arm. It's very easy to transport from room to room or to and from the car. This Napper would be easy to transport almost anywhere, and it also folds up nicely for storage. Even if my new granddaughter is the perfect baby, I still think the Summer Napper will be used, and if the baby is a bit fussy, I predict the Summer Infant Resting Up Portable Napper will see lots of use. I highly recommend this product, but will report back if any problems occur when it is used " for real."
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Loved it at first, but it broke after a few months. The piece that locks the rear support in place broke, so the chair could not be secured.Published 8 months ago by Amazon Customer
I purchased this because I needed a seat while I showered. Served it's purpose.Published 13 months ago by The Mrs.
Great concept but can only be used until baby is a certain age/weight. Would be more useful if we would have bought it while baby was a newborn.Published 15 months ago by Nate
I ordered this chair for my third baby; due in June. I picked this chair because it was basic with a 30 degree incline and breathable material. Read morePublished 15 months ago by mike in Jacksonville
My 3 month old, 17lb-et still sleeps comfortably in this but with a tightly folded blanket under him for additionally support. Read morePublished 16 months ago by Cristina
Vibrating mechanism went through batteries extremely fast. Was very hard to get it out to put the new batteries in it. Read morePublished 16 months ago by Missy
Love this! I have a large 5-month old and he fits in it perfectly. This is great for when he's just been fed or for when he's taking a nap and I'd like him in the same room with... Read morePublished 19 months ago by Anonymous
This has been indispensable for our baby's first five months. We use it as his primary seat during the day, so that he can see what we were doing and nap if he wants. Read morePublished 19 months ago by Trinka Gillis