Save Big On Open-Box & Pre-owned: Buy "Summer Infant Secure Surround 6-Panel PlaySafe Pla...” from Amazon Warehouse Deals and save 31% off the $69.99 list price. Product is eligible for Amazon's 30-day returns policy and Prime or FREE Shipping. See all Open-Box & Pre-owned offers from Amazon Warehouse Deals.
Summer Infant Secure Surround 6-Panel PlaySafe Playard
- Freestanding and portable for use inside or outdoors
- 18.5 square foot playard, stands tall at 30 inches
- Walk-thru door for easy access
- Lightweight plastic, portable with carry handle
- Neutral colors blend with home's décor
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Special Offers and Product Promotions
From the Manufacturer
Summer Infant 6-Panel PlaySafe Playard
For an easy way to keep your child in a certain area, the Summer Infant PlaySafe Playard creates a large area of 18.5 square feet with a convenient walk through door panel that swings open in both directions. Made from weather-resistant plastic, the 30 inch-tall playard is easy to set up without tools. In addition, this playard features a convenient carry handle and shoulder strap so you can tote it anywhere.
Designed for children: 6 to 24 months.
Safe, Weatherproof Materials
Made with durable, weather-resistant materials, the Summer Infant PlaySafe Playard can be used both inside and outside.
The PlaySafe Playard can be easily set up the without the use of tools. For easy access to your child, the door panel features a handle and swings open in both directions.
The versatile PlaySafe Playard can be customized and used inside or out! Each panel measures 32 inches wide and stand tall at 30 inches.
In addition, the PlaySafe Playard features a carry handle with a shoulder strap, making it easy to tote around.
Top Customer Reviews
1. It is taller than others, making it harder to be climbed over.
2. It serves its purpose; we couldn't live without it with twins crawling in 2 different directions.
3. Compared to others that aren't as flimsy, the price is right. The other option is metal and it's 2 times the price for half the size.
4. We added the extension and it's the perfect size for both our twins. They both have plenty of space to crawl around and all their toys.
6. Does fold up well to take with you
7. It does provide a safe place to put non-walking infants while you shower, pee, make dinner, etc. We use it everyday. I recommend the Step2 blue mat to go under it to avoid bumps.
8. It is easy to transport since it is light-weight.
1. It is a little bit flimsy. You have to keep the door closed and latched or the whole thing will fall over when baby climbs on it.
2. Holes are perfect size for baby to stick hands/feet in and climb. By 9 months, my twins were able to climb half way up.
3. Only one door, others I've seen have a door on every other section, but this isn't a big issue and would probably make it even more unstable.
4. The biggest downer is that when my twins were only 8 months old, they could already move the entire thing around, including off the mat. I can only imagine how they will move the thing around when they can walk. It will defeat its purpose then since they'll be able to take off with gate in hand and get to what they want. It's too light-weight.
5. I only recommend it for babies not walking yet. Unless you tether it down to a piece of furniture or hooks on a wall, it's not useable for very long since they can slide it around when they start walking (see # 4).Read more ›
Update: I will be contacting the company about this ASAP, as baby being able to climb out would not be a problem if the walls of this product were designed/positioned differently. The walls are made up of oval-shaped holes which are in a diagonal pattern. WRONG DESIGN! If only the holes were patterned VERTICALLY, I believe babies would not be able to get enough toes into a vertically positioned oval hole as to be able to climb out, especially while wearing socks or other foot covering. The way these oval holes are currently patterned, might as well make the walls out of ladders.
*Contacted the company, they informed me that I could return this play yard to them in exchange for their other play yard, which has smaller holes. The thing is, shipping this play yard back to the company would cost more than buying it on Amazon, so I am stuck with it. Now I use it to keep baby in the living room and it works fine. Actually, it being kinda flimsy helps to help keep him in, because he doesn't want to climb up something unstable. And I've found that baby can't climb the walls of this play yard with shoes on. So bottom line, it works for some purposes under certain circumstances. Do as much research as you can before investing in this.
I already own a Northgates play yard which is 8 panels. That is a great size for inside, but I wanted more room outside. Plus two of those gates snapped because the pieces that hold the gates together get stiff when you are trying to adjust them (Granted, I have had this gate for years). The Summer gate shouldn't have this problem- see below. The Northgate is also much more expensive if you want extra room. I got 12 panels for not much more than the Northgates 8-panel.
Material: The gates are both made of similar material, plastic. They feel basically the same all-around to me. Thin plastic in the middle, thicker and sturdier on the outside.
Size of panels: Both panels are the same width, but the Summer is a good amount higher. I like the fact that I can step over the Northgates, but for security, higher is better I suppose. It probably makes them seem flimsier, though, since there is more area in the middle which is made of thinner plastic.
Adjusting: Northgates has a piece on each hinge that helps each section "snap" into position. I have had two of these break, and that whole hinge breaks off so you cannot connect that side any longer.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
My child is a climber and it is not sturdy enough when used in geometric shape. Also, he screams if in it like he has been wrongly accused and is awaiting retrial. Read morePublished 11 hours ago by MMills
This thing saved my life! I can now still do house chores without worrying what my little one will get into.Published 3 days ago by Amazon Customer
Excellent baby play enclosure. I've got twin seven-month old babies, and it is quite effective at keeping them contained. No sharp edges. Sets up easily. Read morePublished 3 days ago by Carl R. Morris
The gates themselves are sturdy but the connection between them makes for an extremely wobbly playpen. Read morePublished 7 days ago by Deby Cahan
Bought for our 2 small dogs. It works great. Highly recommend. You can shape it to fit your space or use it opened to block large opening between rooms like a fence.Published 10 days ago by Amy
I need a gate for my 8 month old son but I did not need a single door way gate. I needed to keep him out of larger area where I have a bird and computer. Read morePublished 15 days ago by Travis Duke
I'm so happy with this purchase. I was searching for an inexpensive gate to close off a very wide space. After reading the reviews of this playard I knew it was my best option. Read morePublished 18 days ago by TJF🌀