BCA Month Salon Beauty Most Anticipated Fall Children's Books Hallo nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments $69.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop hgg17 Save $30 on a Deep Cleaning Appointment outlanders3premiere outlanders3premierealtText Watch Outlander on Starz with Amazon Channels outlanders3premierealtText Watch Outlander on Starz with Amazon Channels  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

Customer reviews

The Summertime Anytime Cookbook: Recipes from Shutters on the Beach
Format: Hardcover|Change

on December 11, 2014
This is one of my go to cookbooks and is almost always out in my kitchen. Great recipes with easy to follow directions. It has something in it that will appeal to everyone. I have given it as a gift to several serious cooks and they all love it! My wife and I have cooked just about everything in it and have not been disappointed with anything. Highly recommend!
on January 16, 2014
I've made several recipes in this book - they've all turned out great. The recipe for the Lemon Ricotta Pancakes is worth the price of the book alone!! They're awesome!!!
on October 12, 2015
Book in box no packing, as described
on December 30, 2014
Fabulous book, especially since we have been there
on April 29, 2010
We stayed at Shutters on the Beach, and I was able to look through the book in our room, and we ate at the restaurant. Terrific hotel, great book; got home and had to have it. Nice fresh food, good photos, directions are easy to follow.
on March 20, 2011
Excellent cookbook! Lots of great recipes---I've been using this book for several years and have given it as a gift to others who enjoy Southern California cuisine.
on May 18, 2009
This is great recipe book. There are many great ideas and it's easy to find something to inspire you. I have tried half a dozen of the recipes and two in particular (the chocolate pie and the roasted veg) have become family favourites. Indeed the chocolate pie (and pie crust) recipe is worth the cost of the book on its own.

So why only four stars? Anyone who prints a recipe for lemon tart with gelatin to make it set, automatically loses a star - I am sure that this is not how it's cooked in Shutters! Also some of the dressings have an odd balance between oil and vinegar that will not be to many people's taste. Finally, there are a couple of stir-fried recipes which suggest cooking the food for too long.

If you have already bought this book, then I would suggest that you check Bill Granger's recipe books which are very similar in terms of inspiration and style.
on July 12, 2014
I've had this cookbook for a while...made a few dishes and loved them, but recently started cooking much more, pulled it out with all my other cookbooks, looked through them all, and have returned to this one over and over! The recipes are easy and really delicious. I usually find one or two keepers in specific cookbooks like this...this book is filled with keepers. With the bonus of great entertaining tips, and gorgeous photos!
on February 10, 2010
You're friends will taut you as a gourmet chef when you present any one of these recipes! EVERYTHING is delicious and easy to do... I'm not a professional chef, ask anyone, I just enjoy cooking and this book has a wonderful collection of tasty dishes. I especially enjoyed the part where she discusses the items you should always have in your pantry, like grapseed oil. Who knew? Now I use grapeseed oil for all kinds of things in addition to the recipes in this book. I love this book so much I'm going to quickly cook my way through it. I even bought it for my friend b/c she loved everything in it so much too. Lemon ricotta pancakes anyone?
on June 27, 2009
I love Shutters and every time I am in Santa Monica I try and go their for lunch. The food always tastes fresh, straight-forward, healthy and delicious!
I was thrilled that they now have a cookbook. The recipes are well written, simple to follow and use ingredients that are easy to get. The pictures are very enticing as well. I just made the strawberry-rhubarb cobbler and my whole family loved it. The crust is just a little lighter than I normally make and this will now become our classic cobbler recipe.If I can't be at Shutters in Santa Monica then I am happy to have the next best thing - THE SUMMERTIME ANYTIME COOKBOOK! -