Lyft Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon MozartintheJungle MozartintheJungle MozartintheJungle  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis Tailgating ToyHW17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 647 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 693 reviews
on March 27, 2012
I just wanted to let people know that when I went to order this vest for my daughters play, it never stated a size. When we received it, I was relieved that it did fit, but not for long. She is in second grade and 8 years old and wears a size 10. If anyone is bigger then her, don't buy. But I would size the vest to fit from a size 6 to a size 10 to be safe. Hope this helps, they really should let people know the size before you purchase and not just one size fits all.
33 comments| 321 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 11, 2017
I am very impressed with the quality of this product. Strong stitching, multiple pockets and an easy to use plastic zipper. This product is amazing for the cost my only complaint is sizing. I wish there were more sizes to choose from because this is too large for my son and too small for my 10 year old sister.
on September 19, 2017
looks good
on September 18, 2017
My grandson loved this
on August 16, 2017
This is a perfect addition to your dramatic play area or school lessons. I homeschool and thought these would be great for use on all our nature walks, field trips, and geology classes. I'm not disappointed! The kids LOVE these and couldn't wait to put them on, add their tools to the clips and even put their Rock and Minerals field guide in the pocket. We will be getting a lot of use out of these.

The construction itself is ok. I wish the fabric was a little more sturdy but for the sale price it's ok. For the full price it could improve in this part. However, it's not flimsy and still can get good wear out of it. I'll definitely hand wash this lightly when needed the washer would probably destroy it. I'm hoping the clips hold up. If they don't I'll try to come up with a simple replacement.

I have 7 and 5 and 3 year olds and the fit is fine. The older ones are fairly thin and not too tall for their age. It's big on the 3 year old but cute none the less (didn't purchase one for him but tried it on).

I paired this up with their 6 in 1 tool for little geologist, our own field guides, and additional items we already had such as binoculars, little notebooks and pencil etc.

We haven't had it for long, but will update as needed.
VINE VOICEon April 6, 2011
This vest was the top gift among all those I gave my nieces and nephew last Christmas. My brother states that my nephew fell madly in love with it and did not want to remove it at dinner time; he had to be coaxed to take it off and was so preoccupied with it that he hardly noticed his other new toys. This was one of the least expensive gifts, and yet there was something about it that my 4-year-old nephew identified with. I also got him the matching binoculars. My brother told me, "You did better than we did this year." There is no higher praise, and I was delighted that the vest was such a hit. They augmented the impact of the gift later by buying him a patch to sew on it from one of their trips, and a few months afterward for his birthday, they bought him the matching bug vacuum, which is also a hit. I think this product appeals to the explorer in little boys and gives them an outlet for their imagination, enabling them to see themselves as adventurers. I would highly recommend this for any little boy, especially if he likes to watch the nature channels, is thinking of studying science/nature, or dreams of being an explorer. There is a wealth of accessories you can buy to go with it, and the vest itself is so adaptable to any kind of nature hunt. There is room in the various pockets for different types of specimens (one pocket is made of mesh to allow bugs or animals to breathe), tools, and of course little bags of snacks to keep your adventurer from going hungry in the outback.
on April 7, 2017
LOVE IT! We purchased these for my daughter's Kindergarten class Nature Hike field trip. The kids absolutely LOVED them! This is a well-made vest, with plenty of pockets for the kids to store all of their finds. They were great for the field trip, as they could hold their own things in their vest instead of having the parents carry them. The vest came with a cool map and tips for the kids to explore the area, such as: surveying the park- is there water? Pick a piece of grass, examine it and identify what type of grass it is later, etc. We liked the exploration tips, which were appropriate for both urban city parks (which is what most of our students have access to) and for rural or natural parks. The kids went home excited about being real scientists. I would definitely buy this again.
on October 31, 2016
I was ecstatic to buy this product for a gift and when I received it, I was a bit disappointed. I suppose it was my fault for not knowing better -- there is a product description. More often than not, I pore over a product, but this time, I just bought this right away 'cause I thought I had a winner because I thought I was getting a vest with binoculars and the little lamp that looks attached to the vest. This was not the case. You don't get the binoculars or the mini lamp like in the picture, when it comes, you get a cardboard cut-out of those products. I felt that was very mis-leading. Like I said, this was a gift, so I didn't get to open or feel the actual product. It seemed well-made anyway, and it is fairly-priced, so it is a decent product for what you pay, and I might buy it again. Just know you're not getting the binoculars or lamp as pictured.
on September 16, 2017
Wonderful!
on July 13, 2017
I'd always hoped that my son would turn out to be a bird watcher or the next Marlin Perkins and with this vest , my dreams are coming true. It has many pockets, including one especially for binoculars, which I also bought him to match, so he is sure to be able to identify those yellow bellied sap suckers and blue footed boobies from afar.

Further, it's a chick magnet. The 6 and 7 year old girls admired my handsome man in uniform, complete with his safari hat and his encyclopedic knowledge of different wild cat species, along with his eidetic memory of every Spongebob episode that ever was. He shared his binoculars and magnifying glass with said chicks, and they viewed ants, bugs and also spotted a few hummingbirds.

Seriously, he loves this and no matter what shirt he is wearing, this is always his second layer. It's quite adorable and I feel he loves it far more than some of the more expensive gifts he got for his birthday.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.