Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
Summit 20-Pack Mosquito Dunk
- Low Return Rate: 53% fewer returns than similar products
- Highly Rated: More than 85% 4 star and 5 star reviews
- Popular Item: Popular with customers shopping for "mosquito dunk"
Get free shipping
Free 5-8 business-day shipping within the U.S. when you order $25 of eligible items sold or fulfilled by Amazon.
Or get 4-5 business-day shipping on this item for $5.99. (Prices may vary for AK and HI.)Learn more about free shipping
|You Save:||$4.11 (16%)|
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Kills Mosquito Larvae Before They're Old Enough To Bite
- Organic Lasts Up To 30 Days
- Each Dunk covers 100 square feet of surface area
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Compare with similar items
Summit Responsible Solutions Mosquito Bits - Quick Kill, 60-Ounce
Osana All Natural Mosquito Repellent Soap (3 Bars + 1 Bonus Travel Bar) Citronella & Menthal
Mosquito Bits 30 oz (6/Cs)
36 Hour Mosquito Repellent Patch - Non Toxic, Deet Free, No Spray. Great for Camping, Boating, Fishing, Summer Sports. Place Patch on Clothing, Shoes, or Hats. (48-Patches)
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||$9.63||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||Amazon.com||Monster Pets||Osana Mosquito Repellent Soap||X Hydro Supply||Washington Blvd Sales||Forever Life Distribution|
|Item Dimensions||11.5 x 0.8 x 13.3 in||—||4.53 x 8.03 x 1.26 in||5.5 x 3 x 7.7 in||2 x 2 x 2 in||—|
|Size||20 pack||60-Ounce||100 Gram Bars||—||—||48-Patches|
Mosquito Dunks 6 per card is a larvae ide that kills mosquito larvae only. It is deemed organic by the USEPA. Dunks are harmless to beneficial insects, pets, birds, fish or wildlife. Kills within hours and lasts for up to 30 days. Each Dunk covers 100 square feet of surface area. Perfect of Koi ponds, hydroponic systems, animal water troughs, bird baths, rain barrels. Place Dunks wherever there is standing water or standing water will accumulate
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
So the first year the mosquitoes were fewer, we still had most of the dragonflies from all the larvae that had overwintered. The second year we had hardly any dragonflies, and the few mosquitoes we started with were back around. It's impossible to eliminate every source of mosquitoes, but by eliminating the biggest source- the pond - we took away the primary food supply of the dragonflies.
It took two years to get the dragonflies back. The first year the mosquitoes were pretty bad, but the second year the dragonflies had returned, the mosquitoes are back down to just a few, and balance is restored. So yes, the Dunks work as advertised. And no, they didn't poison anything else - the fish, frogs, birds, skunks, deer, racoon and cats all seemed unaffected. But - when you interrupt the natural food chain in an ecosystem, there are consequences.
These would be great if you have standing water that's just enough for mosquitoes but not enough for the dragonflies. But if you enjoy your dragonflies and recognize that they do a pretty awesome job at hunting mosquitoes, you may want to think twice before taking away their food source.
I've been tossing them into someones pool that needs part of the filter system repaired. So I was also still putting the chlorine cakes in the floating dispenser.
Then it occurred to me. These work by releasing a bacteria into the water that attacks the larvae. The chlorine might be killing the bacteria. So I tried not adding chlorine and the next time I checked instead of finding dozens or hundreds of larvae with each dip of the skimmer net, after a dozen tries I found two and they seemed like they were about dead.
So my theory is:
1. For 30 day timed release use these dunks
2. If you already have a mess of larvae and have to act fast use the Mosquito Bits which release quickly and can exterminate in 24-hours (and are supposed to continue to work for 7-days). And after that switch to the dunks. I saw another review here that said you can grind up the dunks and get the same quick release effect. That makes sense but despite the claims on the package it might be good to wear a dust mask while grinding just to be safe because that isn't using them as directed.
3. Store dunks and bits in a cool dry place
4. If the body of water has anything meant to kill bacteria (chlorine, salt injection, UV sterilizer, etc.) it might kill the bacteria these products release.
UPDATE: Looked at the package and the heat info wasn't there. Here is the info from the manufacturer's web site FAQ which I recall reading before buying so that's probably where I saw it:
Will storage temperatures affect the viability of Mosquito Dunks®?
The best storage condition for Mosquito Dunks® is a cool,
well-ventilated place. Because B.t.i. is a bacterium, extreme cold
or even freezing temperatures will not reduce the effectiveness of
Mosquito Dunks®. However, prolonged exposure (more than
24 consecutive hours) to temperatures above 100 degrees F.
may affect the efficacy of the product.