- Product Dimensions: 144 x 30 x 11 inches ; 44 pounds
- Shipping Weight: 50.7 pounds
- Domestic Shipping: Currently, item can be shipped only within the U.S. and to APO/FPO addresses. For APO/FPO shipments, please check with the manufacturer regarding warranty and support issues.
- International Shipping: This item is not eligible for international shipping. Learn More
- ASIN: B0088B4XBK
- Item model number: 51925
- Average Customer Review: 140 customer reviews
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #28,576 in Sports & Outdoors (See Top 100 in Sports & Outdoors) Product Warranty: For warranty information about this product, please click here
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
Sun Dolphin Bali SS 10-Foot Sit-on top Kayak
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Tracks and paddles with ease while offering maximum stability
- P.A.C. (Portable Accessory Carrier) can be used as extra storage, tow behind or as a backpack
- Dry storage compartment with shock cord deck rigging
- Open cockpit allows the easiest of entry
- Large, comfortable seating area with protective thigh pads, adjustable foot braces and paddle holder
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
|Item Dimensions||11 x 30 x 144 inches|
|Item Display Weight||40 pounds|
|Shipping Weight||50.71 pounds|
|Weight Capacity Maximum||250 pounds|
|Weight Supported||250 pounds|
The Sun Dolphin Bali SS Sit-on top Kayak is great for lakes and rivers. Made from rugged UV-stabilized Fortiflex High Density Polyethylene, this kayak tracks and paddles with ease while offering maximum stability. Lightweight and easy to carry, this kayak also for easy transport. A large, comfortable seating area with protective thigh pads and adjustable foot braces allows for comfort and versitility. Also included are a P.A.C. (Portable Accessory Carrier) that can be used as a tow behind or extra storage compartment; storage and shock cord deck rigging; and paddle holder.
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Top customer reviews
UPDATE: I have now had this kayak for over a year. I live near Lake Palestine, in east Texas and take it on the lake 2 - 4 times a week during good weather, approximately 8 - 9 months out of the year. It has held up to rough treatment very well. Where I launch, I have to go about 75 feet over gravely ground to the water. Lazy me, I usually just drag it on the ground. I know, I'm bad, but this kayak has held up, only minor scratches. I also back up and wedge it on the rocks under the over pass to fish, still, only minor scratches. I have added an anchor trolley system, side handles and rod holders (all purchased from amazon). All in all I have less than $300 invested and have had so much fun. Also, I regularly supplement mine and my neighbors diets with fresh fish. I would definitely buy this kayak again.
Tracks well .... Especially if you know the correct way to use your paddles.
No seat pad on bottom, which is ridiculous since. Its the low point and you will get a wet butt if you take in water
plan to spend extra for a suitable seat $$$$
No scupper holes but a sponge works great Decals will peal off ...I can live with that
My first Kayak and im hooked . it goes with me on my Rv Vacations. I recently added a Anchor Trolley and rod holders so I can go fishing with it I'm small 5' old 65+ and female trying to find a nice stable kayak that I can load into the back of my truck is a challange. The price was the Bonus $385. Including shipping I'm happy with my choice and have really enjoyed this Kayak
The Sun Dolphin Bali 12' SS is somewhat a hybrid kayak. Although it is called a sit-on-top (SOT) kayak, your body actually sits close to the bottom of the hull. I think of it more like a normal kayak but one without a foredeck to cover your legs.
There are no scuppers to drain the cockpit like on a SOT ocean kayak as this kayak is designed for flatter lakes and rivers. From my initial test ride today, I accumulated about 1 cup of water which was from paddle drip only. However, I didn't mind my legs getting a little wet as it was cooling.
As for tracking, I feel you normally need a 12' or longer kayak for halfway decent tracking. The Sun Dolphin Bali 12 SS does track well. It is also quite stable. I rocked it back and forth and never felt close to capsizing (although I'm sure you could capsize it if you worked at it!).
For on-board storage, there is a small watertight area in the bow that is only big enough to hold some personal belongings. I put my wallet and cellphone in there within a ziplock bag for extra protection. The rear watertight compartment is only a few inches deep. Don't expect to put much in there but I fit in a towel and some sun screen.
Here are my negatives (just a few) for the kayak:
1) The adjustable backrest was fine but there is no cushion for your bottom. (I have already ordered a bottom cushion for long rides).
2) Although the footrests are adjustable, I didn't find them to be comfortable. They should be angled forward a little since your feet don't tend to want to be vertical. Or utilize molded zigzag foot rests like most SOT ocean kayaks have.
3) The screw-on fore and aft hatch covers are difficult to remove. You can turn them to the open position and there is really nothing to grab on with your fingers to remove the hatch covers easily. The company should add some kind of indentation to the hatch covers to get your fingers under.
4) The "Bali 12 SS" name on the side of the kayak is done with VERY cheap stick-on letters instead of a decal or painting. The stickers were coming off even before I put the kayak in the water. I plan to remove them totally.
By the way, this is my second kayak the other of which is a sit-in 14 footer.
Most recent customer reviews
Wish it came with the paddle for the price though!