Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
Sun Joe MJ401E 14-Inch 12 Amp Electric Lawn Mower with Grass Bag, Green
|Sale:||$116.61 & FREE Shipping|
Discount Provided by Amazon.
|Power Source||Corded Electric|
|Item Dimensions LxWxH||36 x 16 x 38.5 inches|
|Item Weight||28 Pounds|
|Cutting Width||14 Inches|
About this item
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- POWERFUL: 13-amp motor cuts a 14-inch wide path
- Adjustable deck: tailor cutting Height with 3-position Height control
- STEEL BLADES: Durable 14-Inch steel blade cuts with precision
- Accessories: includes 10. 6-Gal bag
- We’ve got you covered! : your new lawn mower is backed by the snow Joe + Sun Joe customer promise. We will warrant New, powered products for two years from the date of purchase. No questions asked. Contact snow Joe + Sun Joe customer Support at 1-866-766-9563 for further assistance.
Frequently bought together
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers who bought this item also bought
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question might be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who bought this product.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
From the manufacturer
Sun Joe MJ401E 14-Inch 12 Amp Electric Lawn Mower with Grass Bag
Compact and lightweight (only 29 lbs), the Sun Joe MJ401E is a lean, mean and green mowing machine that gets your yard chore done without polluting the atmosphere with toxic carbon emissions. Sun Joe starts instantly with the simple push of a button and its rugged all-terrain wheels make it easy to maneuver in tight spaces. Equipped with a durable steel blade, Sun Joe cuts a 14-inch wide swath with each pass. Tailor the grass cutting height with its 3-position manual height control, which adjusts from 1.18 inches to 2.52 inches. Its 10.6-gallon hard-top rear bag conveniently collects grass clippings and detaches easily for quick disposal. A collapsible handle allows for easy and compact storage when not in use.
- Maintenance free – No gas, oil or tune-ups
- Powerful 12-amp motor cuts a 14-inch wide path
- Tailor cutting height with 3-position height control
- Detachable grass catcher for easy disposal of grass clippings
Compare with similar items
Greenworks 16-Inch 10 Amp Corded Electric Lawn Mower 25142
American Lawn Mower Company 50514 14-Inch 11-Amp Corded Electric Lawn Mower, Black
Sun Joe MJ403E Mow Joe 17-Inch 13-Amp Electric Lawn Mower/Mulcher
Greenworks 20-Inch 3-in-1 12 Amp Electric Corded Lawn Mower 25022
Greenworks 14-Inch 10 Amp Corded Dethatcher 27022
|Sold By||Ashland Pacific, LLC||Amazon.com||Zindagee Ventures||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Amazon.com|
|Item Dimensions||36.00 x 16.00 x 38.50 inches||28.40 x 15.75 x 20.30 inches||46.00 x 18.50 x 38.00 inches||55.10 x 19.70 x 43.30 inches||26.90 x 16.10 x 18.00 inches||37.80 x 22.83 x 44.09 inches|
|Item Weight||28.00 lbs||37.50 lbs||—||31.50 lbs||56.00 lbs||25.92 lbs|
|Power Source||Corded Electric||Corded Electric||Corded Electric||Corded Electric||Corded Electric||Corded Electric|
Great in tight spaces! Responding to the need for an easy-to-use electric mower for smaller lawns, Sun Joe developed the Mow Joe MJ401E. Compact & lightweight (only 29 lbs. ), The Mow Joe MJ401E is a lean, mean & Green mowing machine that gets your yd. chore done without polluting the atmosphere with toxic carbon emissions. Mow Joe starts instantly with the simple push of a button & its rugged all-terrain wheels make it easy to maneuver in tight spaces. Equipped with a durable steel blade, mow Joe cuts a 14" Wide swath with each pass. Tailor the grass cutting height with its 3-position manual height control, which adjusts from 1 18" To 2 52". Its 10 6 gallon hard-top rear bag conveniently collects grass clippings & Detaches easily for quick disposal. A collapsible handle allows for easy & compact storage when not in use. Etl-approved; full 2-year.
From the Manufacturer
Responding to the need for an easy-to-use machine that takes care of the smaller yards, Sun Joe developed the Mow Joe MJ401E, a smaller electric lawn mower that delivers the power of a gas machine with the convenience of an electric unit. Its durable steel blade cuts 14 wide with precision on each pass. In addition to its hard-working mowing capacity, the Mow Joe features a three position manual height adjustment. The Mow Joe is equipped with a hard top rear bag, which detaches easily for convenient disposal. No gas, oil, or tune-ups are necessary. The unit is ETL-approved and carries a full two year warranty.
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
So right out of the box, this mower feels like a toy. I laughed when I opened it because it just seemed so...flimsy. It looks like something Fisher-Price would put out. It was easy to assemble - just the handle and attaching the tiny grass bag (which I took off 10 minutes into mowing). I wheeled it around the living room a little - it's light, fairly easy to turn and is so narrow I can actually just push it through my house and out my back door to start mowing (which is nice, because now I don't have to open my garage, go around to the back gate, unlock it, get the mower, come back around, mow and then do it all in reverse when I'm done).
Imagine my immense surprise (and delight) when my husband shrugged, carried it outside, started it up and the mower immediately started chewing on the grass, spitting it out like an old-timey baseball player with a mouthful of chaw. After the third time we emptied the little bag that came with it, we just abandoned the bag and let the grass fly all over creation.
If you are here looking to perhaps switch over from a gas to an electric mower, please allow me to share a few thing I wish someone had told me when I first started using an electric mower:
- you need the right cord: different extension cords have different gauges (this might have been why my first two electric mowers bit the dust prematurely). The gauge depends on the length of the cord itself. DO NOT IGNORE THIS PART. I've had 2 electric mowers before this Sun Joe, and I think this is probably what killed them (using the wrong cord).
- you need to be realistic about your expectations: they are never as strong as gas-powered mowers. If you are weak, hurt, impatient with yard work in general, horribly out of shape or otherwise don't think you can push around ~30lbs then don't get this. I'm in relatively decent shape (I do Jillian Michaels 3 days a week!) and even I struggle sometimes with getting this mower up and over my lumpy yard (I have no idea why it's lumpy. It just is.)
- because electric mowers aren't as strong, you can end up going over the same area multiple times (3, 4, sometimes even 5 if your grass is high enough). You have to use common sense - when you hear the mower struggling, STOP MOWING. If you don't, you'll do what I did to my first two electric mowers and burn out your motor (learn from my fail, people).
- these don't really save time as far as the mowing itself (see above), but it is REALLY REALLY NICE to just be done when you're done mowing (no oil, spark plugs, gas to worry about storing, etc). You literally just wipe it down, make sure all the nuts and bolts are still tight then wheel that sucker into the garage and take a nap.
As you can see from the photos, 1.) this mower was able to handle my decent sized yard (over the course of several days) and 2.) I really wasn't lying to you when I said I don't care what my yard looks like, as long as the grass isn't higher than the fence (so the neighbors won't complain!) The before photo is what the entire lawn looked like before I started. Don't get me wrong - this wasn't an easy job. The Sun Joe did stutter and seize up a few times, especially when I got into tough areas of grass (where the blades of grass are like actual blades, WTF). But ultimately, it was able to take everything down with multiple passes.
I choose to use electric mowers because they're better for the environment, less noisy and I don't have to figure out where to store gas or how to maintain the mower each fall. I'm willing to mow my yard in sections (giving both myself and the mower a rest), and go over areas multiple times, and do it over a course of several days. If you're short on time or patience with a yard larger than a postage stamp, then skip right over this guy and pony up the money for a good gas mower. If, however, you're like me and too lazy to upkeep a gas mower AND super cheap (and willing to do boring labor over a week), then this guy is pretty hard to beat for the price.
This thing handled everything like a champ! I picked up some of the pine cones and larger sticks, but there was still a lot of debris. Some of the weeds were up to knee height, and there were a number of dense patches of mixed vines and ivy. I rarely went over any areas twice, and all the debris and uneven terrain made no noticeable impact on performance. My front and backyard are pretty large, but despite the small size of this mower I was done fast! It's very light and easy to push, not exhausting at all. We'll see how it holds up, but for the price you can't go wrong!
After a month and a half of use, I have one complaint. The mower bag is VERY fragile; be hypervigilant about emptying it, the mesh separates from the plastic bottom very easily if it's too full. I ended up repairing the tear with Seam Grip, then reinforced the whole seam with Duct Tape. Since the mower is so small you'll end up emptying the bag A LOT if you have a big yard, but even so I still think this mower is a steal for the price. For under $100 you can't really expect perfection, and this little guy gets the job done.
Top reviews from other countries
My home is a middle row of a townhouses, so i have to carry the mower between front and back it is easy to carry and is lightweight enough to maneuver around. Cutting grass is why people buy a lawnmower and i have to say it does that job well. The rear bagging works very well. I even use it as a mini vaccum across the patio to pick up clippings. Changing height is okay now, i suspect overtime with wear and tear it will be come more difficult.
My only complaint in the plastic housing that covers the blade area (the darker green plastic on the image) is pretty flimsy. I touched a tree while cutting the lawn and it deformed enough to touch the spinning blade and it damaged the interior of the cutting area. It did not penetrate. But you will need to be careful about touching items with the side of the mower while in use..
End of the day for my postage stamp of a yard it does what i need it to do.
1. It is extremely light which can be a huge plus if you are only mowing a flat surface and only a flat surface. I have a front lawn that is on an incline and when mowing across the incline you really have to fight the mower from flopping over due to gravity.
2. You can purchase an optional side discharge chute which I did but I found the stationary handle quite useless and inconvenient. If an optional side chute is available the mower should really have a pivoting handle that allows for easy change of direction. Very poor planning.
3. Lastly the adjustable height feature on the wheels is a pain. I have the mower set on the highest cutting setting but it doesn't hold. The next thing you know the setting has on its own jumped to the lowest cut thereby causing a deep cut to the lawn.
Overall if I had known all of these things before I I would most definitely not have bought this product and also as a result I am very leery of buying another Sun product.