Sun Joe SWJ800E 8-Inch 6.5-Amp Telescoping Electric Pole Chain Saw with Automatic Chain Lubrication System
|Item Dimensions LxWxH||68.5 x 5.9 x 5.9 inches|
|Power Source||Corded Electric|
About this item
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- EXTENDS REACH: Ideal for cutting overhanging limbs and thin logs
- TELESCOPING: Pole extends to 8.7 ft. to provide 15 ft. of overhead reach. No Load Speed (rpm) 6000. Sound Power Level : 108 dB
- POWERFUL: 6.5-amp motor cuts branches up to 7.5-inches thick
- AUTO-LUBRICATION: 8-inch cutting bar and chain with automatic lubrication. Oil tank capacity (fluid ounce): 2.7
- WE’VE GOT YOU COVERED!: Your new pole chainsaw is backed by the Snow Joe + Sun Joe Customer Promise. We will warrant new, powered products for two years from the date of purchase. NO QUESTIONS ASKED. Contact Snow Joe + Sun Joe customer support at 1-866-766-9563 for further assistance.
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers who bought this item also bought
More items to explore
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question might be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who bought this product.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
From the manufacturer
Snow Joe + Sun Joe
Snow Joe + Sun Joe specialize in developing innovative outdoor tools to keep your home looking beautiful throughout the year, whether the snow is falling or the sun is shining. Our expansive line of outdoor power equipment, which includes manual, cordless, and electric tools such as lawn mowers, trimmers, tillers, and snow blowers, aims to simplify your yard routine to make it quick and easy to get your outdoor chores done.
Let Gravity Do The Work.
The Sun Joe SWJ800E pole chain saw takes the danger and difficulty out of trimming your overgrown trees.
Powered by a robust 6.5-amp motor, the SWJ800E can handle the most stubborn tree limbs up to 7.5-inches thick. This pole chain saw features an 8-inch bar and chain with an auto-oiler to keep the bar and chain fully lubricated during use. Chain tensioning is equally effortless, requiring just a turn of a screw.
Tthe Sun Joe is powered electrically, so you’ll reliably power up with the push of a button without having to deal with smoke, fumes, unpredictable starters or costly tune-ups.
- Ideal for cutting overhanging limbs and thin logs
- Telescoping pole extends to 8.7 ft to provide 15 ft of overhead reach
- Powerful 6.5-amp motor cuts branches up to 7.5-inches thick
Automatic Chain Lubrication
Contains a 2 fl oz oil tank reservoir for automatic chain lubrication.
Features an 8 inch bar and chain with an auto-oiler to keep the bar and chain fully lubricated during use.
Telescoping pole extends to 8.7 feet to provide 15 feet of overhead reach.
|Motor||6.5 amp||7 amp||6.5 amp||8 amp|
|Bar/Chain Length||8 in.||8 in.||8 in.||10 in.|
|Branch Thickness (max)||7.5 in.||7.5 in.||7.5 in.||9.5 in.|
|Oil Tank Capacity||2 fl oz||2 fl oz||2 fl oz||2 fl oz|
|Telescoping Pole||5.6 ft - 8.7 ft||5.6 ft - 8.7 ft||5.9 ft - 9.4 ft||5.8 ft - 8.8 ft|
|Overhead Reach||Up to 15 ft||Up to 15 ft||Up to 15 ft||Up to 15 ft|
|Weight||7.7 lbs||7 lbs||7.9 lbs||7.9 lbs|
Compare with similar items
Sun Joe SWJ803E 10 inch 8.0 Amp Electric Multi-Angle Pole Chain Saw, Green
Sun Joe SWJ806E 8-Inch 8.0 Amp 2-in-1 Convertible Pole Chain Saw, Green
Worx WG309, 8 Amp 10-inch Corded Electric Pole Saw & Chainsaw with Auto-Tension
WEN 4019 6-Amp 8-Inch Electric Telescoping Pole Saw
Scotts Outdoor Power Tools PS45010S 10-Inch 8-Amp Corded Electric Pole Saw, Adjustable Head & Oregon Bar and Chain
|Shipping||—||FREE Shipping. Details||FREE Shipping. Details||FREE Shipping. Details||FREE Shipping. Details||FREE Shipping. Details|
|Sold By||Available from these sellers||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Amazon.com|
|Item Dimensions||68.50 x 5.90 x 5.90 inches||96.45 x 5.50 x 96.00 inches||76.00 x 5.70 x 10.30 inches||42.00 x 8.00 x 9.00 inches||7.50 x 6.70 x 105.20 inches||85.00 x 4.00 x 5.00 inches|
|Power Source||Corded Electric||Corded Electric||plug in||Corded Electric||Corded Electric||Corded|
Tackle those hard-to-reach branches with ease. The Sun Joe Saw Joe SWJ800E pole chain saw takes the danger and difficulty out of trimming your overgrown trees. Stand safely on solid ground and simply adjust Saw Joe’s telescoping pole to gain up to 15 feet of overhead reach. Powered by a 6.5-amp motor, the SWJ800E can handle the most stubborn tree limbs up to 7.5-inches thick. This pole chain saw features an 8-inch Oregon bar and chain with an auto-oiler to keep the bar and chain fully lubricated during use. Unlike gas-powered tools, Saw Joe is powered electrically, so you’ll reliably power up with the push of a button without having to deal with smoke, fumes, unpredictable starters or costly tune-ups. Plus the SWJ800E comes equipped with a built-in safety switch to prevent accidental starting. Saw Joe is CSA approved and carries a full two-year warranty.
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
--It's lightweight (NOT cheap-feeling)
--Easy to assemble
--Easy to use
--Easy to adjust
--There are nearly a dozen notes about chain direction, just in case someone is not familiar with how to install it. In fact, it even comes with the chain zip-tied in the proper orientation on the bar.
--Extension and retraction is fast and simple. A quick light turn of the locking collar is all that you need.
--The extension pole is rigid and at full-reach doesn't wobble.
--The cord lock is a great feature. Use it because you will unplug it while using if you don't
--Chain is sharp and it cuts well.
Note: Undercut branches to prevent binding and if the branch takes the saw with it, let it go and guide it down, don't force it.
--It uses regular bar and chain oil, nothing special. Keep an eye on the oil level, it uses it pretty quickly, which is OK!
--Other reviews mentioned leaks of which I've had none and it hangs in the garage with the bar down, full of oil. Make sure the oil-cap string stays out of the threads, that could cause a problem.
--Chain adjustment is easy, same as a regular chainsaw. It will loosen a LOT after the first couple of cuts.
--The trigger lock takes a bit of getting used to and I'm not a fan of that setup, but it works
--It would be nice if there was a slot or something in the handle for the adjustment wrench
Overall I'm very happy with the saw. The only unknown is durability and longevity, but if it's registered I think there is a 2 year warranty.
1. This pole chain saw does not include the oil required. Buy a quart when you make your chain saw purchase
2. The instructions say to make sure you have heavy duty gloves. This wouldn’t hurt, but if you are careful, I’d say you can get by without them. However, smoke ‘em if ya got ‘em
3. I would have at least a medium duty 50’ outdoor extension cord available for use
4. Assembly time was less than 30 minutes even though I had no prior chain saw experience
5. Although the instructions tell you multiple times about making sure you install the chain going in the correct direction, it would be pretty darn hard to screw that up since it comes with the chain already wrapped around the guide bar in the right direction. Unless you separate the chain from the guide bar before assembling, you really shouldn’t have to worry about this
6. When assembling the chain/guide bar to the sprocket & motor, make sure you don’t over-tighten the tension screw. The chain should be a little on the snug side, but not so much that you cannot move the chain back and forth by hand after you’ve attached it, replaced the sprocket cover and adjusted the tension. This might be the only time you would really need a glove, but you could also use a thick rag or something as well
7. You don’t need a lot of oil, so be careful not to overfill. The oil reservoir fills up quickly
8. I read that some owners seemed to have a problem with oil leaking from the cap while the chain saw was in use. I never encountered this problem
9. The chainsaw worked quite well. I was cutting through limbs anywhere from ½” to about 3” thick. It sliced through all of these with relative ease
10. This chain saw is not overly loud
11. I would recommend this pole chain saw to new or experienced users
Unless you want to piss away your money, I'd recommend a different brand because you'll more than likely need to contact their customer service which if you're even lucky enough to get on the phone they won't be helpful at all.
Top reviews from other countries
Cons: Unit is somehat heavy with most weight being at the extended cutting end. Most noticeable when working above shoulder level or extending the bar. Too heavy for my wife to use comfortably. Requires oil refill about every 20 minutes. Remaining oil has to be drained otherwise will leak out when the unit is idle.
Saved me a lot of time.
The manual it comes with is very informative about safety and ease of use. Read it all before putting it together and using it.
It doesn't come with chainsaw oil so I had to get some from our local store.
The other thing is that it is not very light when you have the pole extended to the maximum length. You really need to get a strong grip on it as you raise it up and hold it up. On the box there is a picture of an older gentleman using it fully extended which I found unrealistic.