Spring Deals Automotive Amazon First Reads New-season heels nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stream your favorites. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. GNO for Samsung S9 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now TG18SW_gno

on March 18, 2012
I did purchased these worms because they seemed like a good deal, but when I received them there was only 1143 worms instead of 1800 as they are advertised. It was looking like a very good deal with 1800 worms, may be they think nobody will count them but I did. Took my time and counted them and realized I did not get my money worth. There was lots of very little babies also (not all adults) I did ordered with 2 day shipping also and received in 5 days. I was hoping they will send me a survey but they did not.
on June 22, 2012
I live in NC, and ordered these worms for composting. I got 2-day shipping. The good: worms were packed in good, loose dirt, and had been covered with damp newspaper. Some worms were alive. I don't know how many-I'm not counting. The bad: My worms arrived at the end (b/t 6-6:30 p.m.) of the 3rd day (remember, I got 2-day shipping), worms were packaged in a cardboard box which was securely taped, and allowed for no airflow at all. I could have accepted the 3 day arrival if the worms had been viable. When I ran my fingers through the dirt it was hot, and sadly, and many of the worms were already dead. I fluffed the dirt to help cool it, cut up an over-ripe banana and put it in the box to help nourish the worms that were left. I left them in our shop overnight, where it's cool. The ugly: When I checked on them this a.m. it stunk. Worms do not stink at all unless they're dead. This was a rotten stench that could only mean dead worms. More good: I have a few worms that lived. Amazon was professional, and did the right thing by giving me a refund since the worms can't be returned. First they offered me a replacement, which would've been fine except this: The supplier was going to have to ship worms to Amazon first, which would take 5-7 days, then Amazon would have to ship to me. I felt I might be in for another batch of dead worms, so I requested a refund. Thank you Amazon for doing the right thing, and giving good customer service.
on March 11, 2012
Let's be honest...this is definitely not 1800 count of worms and nowhere near 3lbs. Looks like about 1000 worms in the bag and I'd say its more like 1.5 lbs or less. The worms are healthy though. I'd give snow joe credit for that, but definitely misleading to consumers.
review image
on March 16, 2012
All these reviews about the frustration with shipping must have gotten through to Amazon because I ordered my little guys on Wednesday and today (Friday)they are already in their new home. They all looked healthy and were moving around, there were so many I think my sons were completely engorssed in the big balls of worms they could scoop up in their little hands :) I am quite pleased if for no reason other than the giggles I heard from my children.
on April 16, 2012
The order was stuck in California for 2 extra days. When I finally did receive the package there were not 1800 worms and most of them were dead. Very big disappointment. Should have just searched harder for some place local.
on March 10, 2012
got the worms a bit later than I hoped but not one was dead, all doing very well in the compost bin, I will buy more in the future!
on February 17, 2013
Well packaged and amazed that the worms were all apparently alive and healthy. Used them for indoor composting.Unfortunately were all dead in 2 weeks after trying to escape. Had followed instructions on how to make worm frm and what to feed. I have been told subsequently that it is better to buy these in the summer to be more successful.

Fair price for quantity of worms.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on November 30, 2012
I was very apprehensive after reading some of the other reviews. The package took about a week to get to my house, which was not bad and even sooner than estimated, I believe. When I opened the paper bag within, I encountered a writhing ball of extremely energetic worms. It's unfortunate that others had bad experiences with this seller, but for me, they came as described and are now going to work in my composter.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on February 29, 2012
Worms came in excellent condition and there were A LOT of them. I was going to give less than 5 stars because it took a week to "process" the order and actually ship them from the time the time I paid and the tracking # was generated (they need to disclose that), but the worms arrived happy and VERY healthy!!! I will be buying some more for my garden and other areas of my yard as the weather warms up.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on February 6, 2012
I didn't realize how far these worms would have to travel to make it to me in Alabama or I might not have ordered--that was my mistake. The tracking history said they started out in California, then went to Canada, then to South Carolina before making it to me. Took a full 7 days. When I received the worms, I was a little disappointed. The were pretty sluggish. I think they barely made it, and I'm sure some didn't. There is NO WAY there were 1800 worms in that package. No way--not even close. It said it recommended expedited shipping, so I guess that's my mistake. I also have a problem w/ the product description. Specifically where is says "Product Features". It states: "Improves your soil's physical structure. Improves your soil's water holding capacity. Enhances germination, plant growth, and crop yield while improving root growth." I'm afraid if people don't read further, they will think it's ok to simply add the worms to their garden soil. These worms will not survive in garden soil for long, no matter how much organic material has been added. They are meant to make compost and feed solely on decaying stuff--not soil like ordinary earthworms. Anyway, I am now looking for a local source to add more worms to my bins.
66 comments| 26 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.