From the Back Cover
Winning marketing principles from the greatest strategist of all time
What can an ancient Chinese military genius teach modern businesspeople about winning the marketing war? Everything! In Sun Tzu Strategies for Marketing, the bestselling author of Sun Tzu: The Art of War for Managers interprets the crafty General's classic battle strategies specifically for today's marketing professionals. Packed with brilliant insights that will help you apply this ancient wisdom in the modern world, this powerful new translation includes special notations that underscore the relevance of Sun Tzu's writings to marketing strategy. Gerald Michaelson restates these timeless ideas as "The Principles of the Marketing War." Each principle is illustrated with strategic and tactical applications drawn from the world's most successful marketing campaigns. These principles include:
- Organization of Intelligence: Know your market as well as you know yourself
- A Secure Position: Occupy a position that cannot easily be taken by your opponent
- Surprise: Gain psychological dominance and deny the initiative to you opponent
- Economy of Force: Assess accurately where you deploy your resources
- Command Structure: Good management unleashes the power of human resources
- Simplicity: Even the simplest plans are difficult to execute
Let the wisdom of the past brighten your future. Read Sun Tzu Strategies for Marketing and become a master at the art of winning.
About the Author
Gerald A. Michaelson, former national vice president of the sales and marketing division of the American Marketing Association, he presents his seminars on Sun Tzu to business audiences around the world.