Sun2Solar Crystal Clear 16-Foot-by-32-Foot Rectangle Swimming Pool Solar Heating Cover Blanket - 12 Mil
|Price:||$98.91 & FREE Shipping|
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- SAVE ON HEATING COSTS: Sun2Solar clear solar blankets are made from a film of thousands of tiny bubbles, which work together to collect and retain heat in your pool at night and on those chilly days. The clear color allows the sun’s UV rays to penetrate deeper into your swimming pool for warmer water temperatures. Pay less and swim more.
- MINIMIZE WATER EVAPORATION: The use of a solar cover helps in preventing up to 95% of pool water evaporation. When not enjoying a refreshing swim, keeping your pool covered lessens the vast amount of water lost into the environment. Fill up your swimming pool less and enjoy it more!
- HEAT RETENTION: After everyone has called it a day with wrinkled fingers from too much fun in the sun, make sure to place this solar cover back atop the water. Don’t lose all of that warmth generated throughout the day when the sun sets. Assure your pool’s temperature does not drop too much by protecting it at night through use of a solar blanket.
- JUMP INTO WARMTH: Show friends and family your bravery by jumping in without the standard toe dip. Enter the swimming pool confidently knowing the Sun2Solar solar cover has kept the water warm just for you. It’s easy to put on and take off allowing more time for showing off.
- TRIM TO FIT: Your pool may be uniquely shaped and getting the right fit is as easy as finding a marker and sharp pair of scissors. Have the bubbles facing down to the water and trace a line on the cover showing where you should cut off the additional material. Do so confidently knowing this won’t affect the manufacturer’s warranty---they understand.
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Clear Covers are a pools best friend! The purpose of a solar blanket is to allow the MAXIMUM amount of sun's rays to penetrate to the greatest depths of your pool. In tests, the clear cover has been shown to be the most effective method for providing passive solar heating in your pool.
- Made from durable resin material
- Constructed with thousands of small air bubbles to capture and transmit heat from the sun to your swimming pool
- Helps prevent up to 95% of pool water evaporation, thus reducing heat loss at night or on cloudy days.
- Blocks undesired dirt and debris from your pool
- Made in North America
NOTE: When placing this solar cover on your pool, make sure it is placed bubble-side down, ensuring the cover will heat your pool effectively.
8 Year Limited Warranty / 2 Year Full
Disclaimer: Please note that solar covers may come with 2-inches - 11-inches of overlap to allow trimming to fit your pool - Trimming will NOT void any warranty.
Top customer reviews
So, how good goes it work?
A lot better than I expected. I put the cover on the pool at approximately 8am. The floating thermometer registered 62 degrees. By the end of the day, the pool registered 68 degrees. Please note that I am using a floating thermometer and the top layers of the water warm faster than the bottom layers. After about a week of use, and moderately cold weather the pool got to 72 degrees. Yesterday we had a nice, hot day the the thermometer registered 80 degrees.
Before I got the cover no one in their right mind would have gone in the pool. Last weekend we had the family over and the pool was very popular. If this cover only lasts one season, I would be happy.
I am a new pool owner without a lot of experience, so I had no idea on what to expect. But this was a good buy.
Was pretty straightforward to install with two people, but time-consuming. We have an odd hourglass-shaped pool. Here were the steps:
1. We unrolled it and covered the pool
2. Then, using a pair of sharp scissors, cut to the length of the pool, leaving about 1 foot of extra material on either side
3. Re-adjusted and fit to edges with one person holding it down on one end, then cut to the widest part of the pool
4. After length and width trimmed with about 1 foot overlapping the edges on all sides, trace the pool and cut back some more, leaving 4-6 inches around for margin
5. Adjust again and trim to fit
We installed it in Northern California, in the Bay Area, and while we've had some hot days, it hasn't reached the warmest part of the year, yet. After installing, the pool is noticeably warmer, have not measured with a thermometer but other reviewers said it was about a 15 degree difference. To me, the pool is significantly warmer such that I can just jump in an enjoy the pool. Before, I would jump in and shiver for about 1 minute and before being acclimated, or keep being cold.
This pool cover definitely keeps leaves and other debris out much better. As a result, I reduced my pool pumps to run 1 hour less each day... but the increased temperature of the pool is also more conducive to algae growth, so we just up the chlorine a bit more.
We'll see how this pool cover holds up over this season and over the years, and update this review.
I didn't want to spend on a heater because the whole point of our pool is to try to keep the costs almost to 0, so we just have a pool person come 1 or 2 times week, we don't turn on the filter, rather clean the pool and have the pool person use his portable filter/pump to filter our pool a bit. The problem is it was cold and I didn't see anyway to fix this problem without spending a lot of money.
I found these clear diamond covers and was amazed at how many good reviews it had. So I ordered one, a 16x24 feet clear diamond, 12 mil.
We cut it to size, set it up on a reel and let it bask in the horrible sun we have been having for the past couple of weeks...you know that kind of sun you go out and instantly makes you want to jump in a pool.
After two days, I removed the cover and went in the water and I just couldn't believe it, my wife told me she felt I had just bought a heater. I thought this would help a little bit only, especially with that moment when you go into a cold pool and you need to jump real quick to get it over with. I never expected to be able to walk down the stairs of the pool as if I was going into a heated pool and casually swim under water and relax as if in a spa. It really is ridiculous how well it works. It's been 7 years since we live in this house and when we had the old pool that got really cold we used it about two or three times total, in 7 years. Now that we remodeled and made the pool smaller and not as deep, with a solar cover, we've been using it daily, the wife and kids love it.
Getting the whole thing set up with a reel, cutting the cover to size and the other small details can be a bit of a hassle but once you are finished you will probably think it's one of the greatest purchases you've ever made.
Now here is a pretty big disclaimer because this thing is not magic.
I do have a small pool, 10,300 gallons give or take, it is rectangle so the material completely covers the pool and I live in a place where it can get really hot, lately the sun has been pretty killer so the cover has been working overtime.
The funny thing is I used to see days like that and think "ugh! this going to suck!" now when I see 104 degree days with no clouds in sight I just think "my pool is going to be awesome later today!"
I haven't actually checked degrees in the pool but my water went from "it's cold! jump in quick!" to "wow, is this a cooler hot tub or whats going on?"
The picture I added was taken just before the cover and reel were installed but you can picture it pretty easily, the reel was installed on the left part of the pool, next to the tool shed. You can tell by the yellow grass on the bottom just how bad the sun has been, the sprinkler cycles are just not enough to keep the grass green.
This picture is taken at 6 pm or so, a great moment for the pool because the sun is no longer hitting the pool at all.