Industrial Deals Beauty Oprah's Book Club STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Shop Popular Services gotpremiere gotpremiere gotpremiere  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis Nintendo Switch Water Sports toystl17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 82 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 94 reviews
on October 25, 2010
Pros:
No added sugar (1 g per 2 Tbsp serving)
No added salt (30 mg per serving)
Great taste
Organic
No stirring needed

Cons:
Expensive, even for sunflower butter (we paid $6.20 per jar here at amazon, with free shipping)
Thin consistency (closer to a pourable topping than a 'butter')
A bit higher in calories than many nut/seed butters (220 cal per serving)

This makes a nice optional butter for anyone with allergies (facility is peanut and tree nut free) or someone just looking for variety. It is a bit messy to use because of how thin it is. On the plus side, though, I'm sure I use less than a serving on my sandwich to avoid having it drip or squirt out, which keeps calories lower. It remains thin when refrigerated, which the package recommends after opening to maintain freshness.

We eat a reduced sodium and low sugar diet, and did find that we could tell that this was made without either. It is definitely less sweet than a "no added sugar" peanut butter. Since we usually make our sandwiches with either a banana or strawberries, we didn't mind the missing sweetness, but someone used to a more traditional butter product may.

Amazon shipping on this product was fast and without any problems (USPS).
55 comments| 25 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 10, 2016
This version of sunbutter is delicious, but remember that it doesn't contain salt. So if you're looking for a richer flavor, add salt to whatever you put it on. Sometimes, I add Himalayan sea salt to banana and then add organic sunbutter. Most of the time, it's just fine on its own. The texture is smooth but not super runny. They oils will separate a bit, so you may need to stir right when you open the jar. I don't usually need to stir it after that. I eat sunbutter ever day and this organic option is super great.
on January 5, 2017
I, unfortunately for me, picked up a 3 pack of Sunbutter to have on hand while doing Whole30. While I like peanut butter, I rarely eat it - not for any specific reason. Same with almond butter. I like sunflower seeds - I always sprinkle them on my salads and I snack on them from time to time. No reason for me to not like Sunbutter right? I've tried it warm. I've tried it cold. I've tried dipping apple slices in it. I've tried drizzling it over a sliced banana. I've added salt. I've added more salt. I can't get past the bitter taste of it. It's a nice consistency. It must just be my taste buds as the majority of the reviews are positive. The sell by date on my jars is April 2017.
on August 31, 2011
I use SunButter as part of a program to lower blood pressure, and it works, but I'd eat SunButter anyway simply for the taste of it! If you love sunflower seeds, this is a product for you. Many people need the nutrients of sunflower seeds but can't digest seeds (folks with Crohn's Disease, ulcerative colitis, diverticulitis, for example). They can, however, enjoy the taste and nutrients of sunflower seeds with this product. I but this in multiples because so many friends and family members become hooked after trying a jar at my house! It tastes best (in my humble opinion) on toast.

It is richer in healthy oils than other spreadable products, but I stir it up as soon as I open a jar, then refrigerate it. The oil doesn't separate again (although I do give it a quick stir with a knife before spreading it on toast).

Highly recommended.
on September 5, 2016
We go to a nut-free preschool, so this is the obviously replacement for peanut butter. Throw some on a rice cake and you've got the perfect nut-free, gluten-free snack.
on January 12, 2015
Excellent replacement if you're looking to avoid nuts - I first tried this when I was eating Paleo. The organic version has no sugar, salt, anything added...just roasted sunflower seeds.

Now, I add it to my protein shakes in the morning. A tbsp of this, a scoop of Skinny Gut Chocolate Protein Powder, and unsweetened almond milk...tastes like a peanut butter cup shake! Nice way of feeling like you're having a guilty pleasure that's actually good for you.
on May 30, 2013
I tried this because I got a bit frustrated with natural peanut butters. All of them (and I tried quite a few) were either just too oily or contained too many questionable ingredients.

Sunbutter was the perfect solution. A somewhat lighter taste than peanut butter, and mixing the oil back into the product is so much easier than doing that for natural peanut butter since there is just not as much "standing oil" ever. There's nothing extra in it either:just roasted sunflower seeds. I will definitely continue buying this product.
on December 5, 2011
Organic. No peanuts (which have mold and are not very good for you). Since I took peanut butter away from my family a few years ago they have begrugingly used other nut butters until we found this. Now they ask for it. Wish the organic version came in chunky style. No oil separation like almond butter, although refrigeration of all nut products is recommended (anything with high oil content can easily go rancid, so keep all nut products cool/cold.
on April 15, 2016
Great product, but it's too expensive (if you are willing to take 3g of sugar per serving you can get something similar for half the price).
Since it's single ingredient and there's no preservatives you can't really buy it in bulk.
on January 9, 2017
I am so happy to finally get to eat a nut butter due to Organic SunButter. I am severely allergic to all other nutbutters mainly due to cross contamination where the products are manufactured and processed. It is one of my main protein and good fats in my diet and it's really yummy on toast or sandwiches with Jam. I also use it for various other baking recipes.