Save Big On Open-Box & Pre-owned: Buy "SunSun Hw302 265GPH Pro Canister Filter Kit” from Amazon Warehouse Deals and save 52% off the $109.95 list price. Product is eligible for Amazon's 30-day returns policy and Prime or FREE Shipping. See all Open-Box & Pre-owned offers from Amazon Warehouse Deals.
SunSun Hw302 265GPH Pro Canister Filter Kit
|Price:||$60.79 & FREE Shipping. Details|
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and .
If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfillment by Amazon .
- HW-302 Pro Filtration Kit, Good for up to 75 gallon aquariums
- Flow rate: 265 GPH (1000L/Hr)
- Dimension: 9" L X 9" W X 15.5" H
- Pro Kit Includes Canister Filter, 3 White Filter Pads, 1 Blue Coarse Pad, 3 Media Baskets
- Includes 1lb of Premium Filter Carbon, 1lb of Ceramic Rings and 1 Set of Bio Balls
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Special offers and product promotions
The SunSun HW-302 3 stage external canister filter is ideal for tanks up to 75 gallon. It handles up to 264 gallons per hour. The SunSun HW-302 includes filter pads, hoses and all the parts you need to get started. The three flexible media trays allow you to add other filtration media such as SunSun's activated carbons ceramic rings or bio-balls to achieve excellent mechanical, chemical and biological filtration. The HW-302 canister filter also has a convenient self-priming pump that eliminates the need for manual siphoning.
Top Customer Reviews
It came with media and filter pads and I've set it up as follows: Bottom layer, heavy particle blue pad then white pad. Second, bio media. Third, white pad and purigen. I had my tank close to the floor with the filter right beside it. I soaked the hoses in the bathtub with hot water to make them less ridged and adjusted the length, which is a must. I filled it with water and hit the priming button a few times, plugged it in...after about 30 seconds and some bubble sputtering, it started flowing and smoothed out. No issues at all. Very quiet.
I checked it out after the first 5 days, and it was definitely doing its job. My water was a little cloudy due to my filter struggles, but no longer the smelly light tea color. After cleaning out the filter, day 6 showed perfectly clear water. Really impressed.
The really great thing about this filter is that you can add your own media. Not having to buy specific filter cartridges is really great. After a lot of research, I found you can keep this thing running pretty cheap.
After 14 months the filter is still functioning great. I have since upgraded my tank to a 55 gallon and the water is just as clean as it was in the 20 gallon. Two of the four clips that hold down the side did break off, but it is not affecting the performance of the filter, and the top seals well by just pushing it on, kind of like a vacuum pressure. Also, the plastic tab at the hose input/output connection snapped off, but there is still enough left for me to unhook it. Yes the plastic seems extremely cheap, however the filter itself works very well. I'm still amazed at the difference this filter made compared to other brands that I had used. The water is clear and smell free, and I only clean the filter once a month. Which for turtles, is saying something.
I'm no aquarium expert but here are my tips and discoveries as a new hobbyist:
1. Soak the tubes in a sink full of HOT water for several minutes, then take them out and give them a little stretch. This will straighten the coils.
2. Soak the end of the tube in HOT water before connecting to the hard plastic attachments. This will soften the tubing and make it easier to connect the two.
3. The filter goes from bottom to top, so you use scrubby pad on bottom, charcoal in the middle, and ceramic rings/bioballs on top. Make sure the baskets' holes are lined up properly with the intake so this works properly.
*****There are two different options in this item, one gives you the auto fish feeder and the other gives you a set of filter media.
4. Fill your tank with water, treat it, then pour some of the water into your canister before closing it up. This will speed up priming, but it will still take plenty of pumping to get started.
5. Keep your filter in a bucket for the first day JUST IN CASE you didn't close it correctly or there's a leak. It fits perfectly in a 5 gallon bucket.
6. The outflow spray arm is NOISY, but if you twist it so the water hits the glass of your tank, it is almost silent.
7. Water MUST be above the height adjustment joint of your intake or else the filter will suck air, make noise, and eventually lose prime.
8. You don't need to drain the hoses in order to clean the filter. The black piece the hoses attach to has valves, so you can just unclip that part and haul the canister off to clean inside.
I replaced both canisters within a couple of months of each other primarily because the impeller was showing signs of wear and I decided it was worth the expense to buy new canisters since the price is really affordable. Over that period of four years of ownership though they both ran like champs and never once let me down. There are other canister filters available that cost more and have more recognizable name brands but honestly for the money these are a great value you won't be disappointed in.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
It is still in great working order. Not once have I replaced anything in or on this filter.Read more