Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Sunbeam Microplush Heated Blanket, Full, Mushroom, BSM9BFS-R772-16A00
Your Garage Editors' Picks Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Snacks Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer PilotWave7B PilotWave7B PilotWave7B  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis DollyParton Water Sports

Size: Full|Design: Mushroom|Change

My only complaint is that the description and picture mentioned NOTHING about dual zones and two controls. I specifically purchased this because I don't want two zones - I sleep alone in my queen sized bed and I usually sprawl diagonally. I have no need for dual zones. So I was disappointed when I saw the second remote in there. And I also don't like the controls. Not because there's anything wrong with them, but simply because with my setup, I hang them through slats on the headboard. With the other sunbeam controllers, with the dial and numbers on the "top" surface, those end up right where I need them and can read them when on the headboard. These have the number pointing straight down then.

Other than that, it works great. The preheat function doesn't really seem too necessary to me, but unlike some out there, it's an OPTIONAL setting on this unit. You can turn it on, adjust the temp where you want it, and leave it go at that. Or you can do that, then hit the preheat to speed it up apparently, but I didn't notice much of a speed up, and when I tried it while laying in the bed, I didn't get melted like some reviewers complained about on some models with preheat.

It's a very soft blanket, very comfortable. You *can* feel the wires in there when you're looking for them, but you don't feel anything from them when you're just laying in bed with this on top of you, and a comforter on top of that.

Heat up time is good and there's no dead spots or anything. I've been running with it on 7 or so. Auto shutoff works well. And unlike some units I've seen recently, there's no hum or buzzing at all... (One problem I had with the heated mattress pad this is replacing).
33 comments| 100 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 8, 2012
Great comfortable blanket. Color is beautiful and it is fuzzy which I like. You can still feel the wires but that is the nature of the electric blankets. There are 20 units for heat setting and it can get real low and 20 is too hot for comfort so it will suit all levels of desired warmth. I tested it out in my mom's home over Christmas holiday and temps outside went down as low as 19 degrees F. House was cold and to save energy - during day - 3 of us sat under the blanket all day working on our laptops and ipads. At night - my mom used it without help of any other blankets and she felt very comfortable. We have a cat and he loved it. I googled info for safety for cats and apparently - it is nearly impossible to electrocute the cat even if they "knead" the blanket. Would buy again and would recommend to friends/family.
55 comments| 135 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 16, 2013
I bought this last year around the holidays and loved it. I have severe arthritis and the warmth of getting into bed helped me fall asleep so fast..and stay asleep. Because of the reduced pain, I used it all year..just turned the air conditioner down at night in the summer. Eventually it became less and less warm and now it almost nonexistant. The bed never feels warm when getting in. Yet, during the night, it still does have minimal heat but barely. Just very disappointed and really expected it to last at least a few years. My mother is still using her Sunbeam electric blanket from 20 years ago. Sad how products just aren't what they used to be. Hats off to those marketing fellows...guess thats the point..create a product and make sure it only lasts a little while so they will have to buy a new one!
1111 comments| 86 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 18, 2013
This blanket replaces a 10+ year old Sunbeam blanket that has served us well. The pre-heat feature works quite well and the bed is nice and toasty after a very short time. The only real complaint I have is that, even at the lowest setting, the heat output is a bit too much. Perhaps this is somewhat aggravated by the comforter we have on top of the blanket. Other things to note -- The old blanket had a type of control that could be hung on the bed rails, out of the way. These controls are table top mount with no provision for hanging. The instruction book that came with it covers a whole family of different Sunbeam models and takes some studying to figure out what features this blanket has and how to operate / program the controls. Overall, a nice soft blanket that puts out some serious heat for those chilly nights. One mystery -- why does the price vary significantly depending on the color you choose?
on February 15, 2013
My first Sunbeam electric blanket lasted through over 15 years of medium to heavy winter use. My second one lasted a couple of years, but the heating elements finally gave up the ghost this year, so I decided to try another one, thinking that the second one was a fluke.

I had high hopes for this blanket based on other user reviews, but I waited a couple of weeks before writing a review on it. I'm glad I waited. This thing is crap.

If you like a thin fuzzy fake fiber micro-plush, this blanket feels acceptable I guess. The first three times I used it, it heated up very hot, almost too hot to use all night, so I slept with the settings down at 2 (out of 10). The last couple of nights though, the blanket wasn't heating up to anything approaching warm, so I tried jacking the heat level up to 9. It barely warmed up after 45 minutes of heating, and by barely, I mean not even a level 1.

I've had this thing less than 2 weeks.

I live in the south, so having an electric blanket is not a real necessity, more a matter of comfort. What ticks me off about this, is not that Sunbeam, (who made a good product 20 years ago), now makes a crappy electric blanket manufactured in China, it's that all electric blanket components are made by the same bunch, and it doesn't matter if you pay $350 or $60 for your blanket, the same thing is going to happen now, no matter who you buy it from.

(Welcome to the world of "You don't have a choice anymore." You might have noticed it on your grocery shelves.)

Anyway, the next time I get the urge to purchase an electric blanket, I will briskly walk to the bathroom, lift the lid, take out a handful of twenties and flush them right down. It will make just as much sense.
on December 30, 2011
This blanket is really warm, however, it is hotter in some places than others. The foot area is not as warm as the rest of the blanket. It's way too stretchy, making it a lot of work to get it in place when making the bed. It also pulls very easily. I wouldn't buy a blanket made of this material again.
on January 30, 2012
This blanket was for my mother as a christmas gift. She has fibromyalgia so for her staying warm helps keep her from hurting. I have a king size bed and bought this item at a very large store, the price was great, so i went to get her one from the same place. Sadly they were only selling King/Queen- and she has a full size bed. So i got on here and found the same one, same material same manufacture and bought it. My mom tells me almost everyday how much she loves this blanket and how much it helps with her pain. The price was great, shipped fast, i had no problems at all and would recommend this to anyone.
on October 27, 2012
This blanket is really, really soft. It heats quickly. I like to warm the bed before I go to bed. It does a great job.
on January 12, 2014
The blanket wraps and balls up when using it. The wiring is very noticeable and can be felt. I've had it a little over one month and the material is wearing around the wiring allowing the wiring to come thru. I've had Sunbeam products and in the past and this is not anywhere near the quality of past Sunbeam products. The only two reasons it rated one star is it does warm you up and there is no zero star.
on December 26, 2012
Bought for my wife as a Christmas present, put it on bed for her and set up the power supply. When I plugged it in the digital control had a flashing F. When I looked it up in the setup instructions what this was it told me it was an error and repeat the set-up. Made 3 attempts no good contacted service department who told me I had to try in another outlet in the room but could not hold until I tried that, but call them back if it still doesn't work. Well it didn't! Called them back and told the next operator that I had called before with the issue she proceeded to give me the 3rd degree as if I am using it right. After assuring her that I followed all the insructions of the previous operator she told me I have to ship it back to them to be repaired. Oh and by the way our service department is closed until Jan 7 so if I ship it to them it wont be looked at until the 7th or maybe the 8th and it will be at least a two week turn around. Well Merry Christmas to me sorry Honey you'll get to enjoy your gift just in time for the Spring. Oh yeah they offered to pay the shipping after I raised a stink about having to pay for it.