Sunbeam FPSBDMM921 Mini Donut Maker, Blue
|Price:||$42.99 & FREE Shipping on orders over $49. Details|
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and .
If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfillment by Amazon .
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Enjoy fresh baked homemade donuts with the mini donut maker without frying.
- Uniquely designed donut holes creates 7 delicious donuts in under 4 minutes.
- Warm up & ready lights indicate that the doughnut maker is on and heating
- Cord storage neatly wraps the cord for safe and convenient storage
- Non-stick plates make clean up easy
- Enjoy fresh baked homemade donuts with the mini donut maker without frying
- Uniquely designed donut holes creates 7 delicious donuts in under 4 minutes
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
I used the following recipe (which is a variation of what was in the book)
5 tbsp. butter
½ cup sugar
1 cup of all-purpose flour
½ cup whole wheat flour (not a food conscious decision, just ran out of all-purpose flour)
2 ½ tsp. of baking powder
¼ tsp of nutmeg
½ cup milk
And ½ cup of powder sugar for coating
(1)In large bowl, beat butter and sugar together. (2) add egg and beat well. (3) in separate bowl, shift together flour, baking soda, and nutmeg. (4) Back to large bowl, alternatively add in flour mixture and milk until well mixed. Put into well-greased donut maker** (5) when done, toss in powder sugar.
** Now here are the tips: I used Pam barbeque spray on the donut maker, spraying both the top and bottom. The batter has the consistently as waffle batter so I used my Oneida cookie scoop (about 1 Tbsp.) to scoop batter into donut maker for less mess and it ending up with a perfect portion. I scooped in the center. The top pushed the batter into place, but did not make a hole. If you need that hole, a skewer can be pushed through. Each donut took roughly 3 minutes, and the time lessens with each batch. I got roughly 3 dozen, but it was hard to count because they kept on disappearing. Also, like other appliances like this do not use soap and water, but just wipe down firmly with a towel or paper towel. After a few uses, you will not need as much spray and develop a better non-stick surface.
The waffle maker itself has one concern of mine, and that it down get slightly hot all over except where the lift handle is, and there it is warm.Read more ›
We used a Betty Crocker* Cherry Chip cake mix/ 2 eggs - 1 cup milk/1 TBS oil.
Now have ordered the French Vanilla to try - EXCELLENT -
Posting pix for now so one can see we DID NOT follow the over fill warning - They were done in abt. 4 min. and disappeared in less time - They do freeze well as the cake mixes make a larger amount than recipes in the book.
Those in front don't look cooked - but they were - just not as brown on top as lid not latched as they say you should do.
Didn't notice that it was BABY Blue - but will be stored in closed cabinet when not in use.
UPDATED: 5/11/2012 Betty Crocker Triple Choc Cake mix excellent making 70 perfect donuts [using only two eggs] taking about 5 min per batch - freeze very well - those that aren't snatched up as soon as released from baker. -
Highly recommend this unit and may order the Yellow - larger 5 donut maker - although this makes a size that is perfect for a person to have 2 or 3 rather than one large and 'wanting' a second one.
Pros: It makes mini donuts once you figure out the quirks
1) You have to figure out just the right amount to fill up each donut spot. Too little mix and the donuts are not full. Too much mix and the lid pops open (the latch doesn't hold very well) while baking.
2) The unit only holds 1/2 cup of batter per batch. It takes about 2 minutes per batch. So, if you are making a triple batch of pancake batter, plan to be there for a while.
3) The unit is coated with a non-stick surface, but the donuts still stick unless you spray the surface with Pam or something similar.
4) The unit gets VERY hot on the outside. You'll need to use oven mitts to open it and you'll want to keep the kids away while it is cooking.
My kids read the review and want me to rate the device higher, because they really like the donuts I make. But, because of the cons listed above, I think I'll stick with 3 stars. It is a worthwhile device as long as you know what you are getting. The recipe I use is really simple and the donuts are good.
Cooks quickly (2-3 minutes per batch)
Non-stick surface works great
Came with large marketing sticker on machine that took 15 minutes and a lot of goo-gone to remove (and why would Sunbeam put a marketing sticker on the appliance that can't be seen until you open the box after purchase and is that difficult to remove?!!!)
Instruction book is very brief and flimsy.
Only two donut recipes included. The first, at least, is very bland.
Cooks much more quickly than stated so you have to watch closely.
No temperature control.
Locking latch is difficult to open.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
SO EASY TO YSE AND A FUN TIME FOR KIDS OF ANY AGE TO LEARN TO BAKE!Published 1 month ago by Amazon Customer
My grandsons love it and love for me to make donuts when they visit!Published 14 months ago by teripenn
Have had this for so long, and have never used it. Have no recipes for it either.Published 14 months ago by Sara Lee
Birthday gift for my daughter, who loves mini cinnamon donuts. She has used this many times with terrific results. Donuts come out easily and it is easy to clean.Published 16 months ago by MamaBear