Oil month Automotive Best Books of the Month Introducing Prime Wardrobe nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums PCB for select Bang & Olufsen Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Fifty Shades Freed available to buy Fifty Shades Freed available to buy Fifty Shades Freed available to buy  Kids Edition Echo Dot Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now SWMTVT18_gno

on February 4, 2016
I bought this mixer in 2012, not expecting it to last this long for such a great price. Everyone kept telling me that I should get a KitchenAid, but I didn't want to spend that much money and I'm glad I didn't. This mixer has made at least 6 batches of Divinity which is what destroyed all of my old mixers. And since then I have made countless batches of cookies, brownies, cakes and all sorts of goodies with this machine. It has held up wonderfully.
0Comment| 92 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on March 15, 2017
Was pretty excited to get this product and it worked really well the first round.
After two uses, the bottom base which rotates the steel bowl has stopped working.
So now I intend to return this mixer and get the Hamilton mixer instead.
review imagereview imagereview image
Although I'm an avid baker, I've never really desired a KitchenAid Stand mixer--not only do they seem way too expensive (my mother offered to buy me one for a wedding gift, as she did for each of my two sisters, but I turned her down), but also they just seem too impractical. I mean, really--I bake relatively frequently, but I'm a CASUAL baker, not a professional one, and I so I couldn't see the purpose of having a large, unwieldy stand mixer that would be difficult to store, impractical, and would like spend most of the time sitting on a shelf.

On the other hand, I certainly CAN see the advantages of having a stand mixer on hand. For example, sometimes you want to let the mixer take over while you add ingredients, and sometimes you have certain recipes requiring longer-duration mixing (e.g., meringues, whipped cream, pound cake) when a stand mixer definitely comes in handy. For this reason, I began researching lower-cost stand mixers some time ago. I also mentioned to my husband that I was looking at stand mixers, and this past Christmas, my husband surprised me with this Sunbeam Hand and Stand Mixer Combo, a new model which had only recently come on the market.

In short, I have loved having this mixer! Although I did already have a reliable hand mixer which I like very much (and it does happen to be a KitchenAid: KitchenAid KHM5APWH 5-Speed Ultra Power Hand Mixer, White), having the combination until is still nice. First, the base of this mixer (i.e., without the mixer or bowl attached) is extremely light. Some people may be concerned that the product is made of plastic, but it is sturdy and well-designed, and personally, I feel no need to drag a heavy appliance on and off the shelf! I do like that the included bowl is stainless steel. It locks easily into the main until with a simple twist, and when the mixer is turned on, the bowl turns automatically.

The mixer itself is the heaviest component, yet it is still light enough and completely comfortable to use as a hand mixer (a great feature if you are alternating between making more than one thing at once--you can switch from the stand mixer to using by hand with a simple click). The mixer has five speeds, but it is SO powerful that I often use only the three lowest settings. Despite its power, this mixer is not any noisier than my other hand mixer. When it is in the stand, the mixer does an excellent job of keeping the bowl spinning, even when adding thick ingredients like cream cheese. The only (slight) issue that I've noticed is that if the bowl is not very full, the beaters will create kind of a well in the middle and push all the ingredients out to the sides--this just means that I need to scrape down the sides of the bowl, which I would do anyway.

Overall, this mixer has been a great addition to my kitchen at a relatively low cost. I've been thrilled with it so far, and I would definitely recommend it!
2020 comments| 937 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on December 6, 2017
Im in love purchased for myself to replace my original hand mixer because I am a professional baker I was very please with what i recieved ... I comes with the and mixer silver bowl beaters and dough hooks and the stand i chose white im more than satisfied i will be purchasing another one.. I was first used it for thanksgiving I was able to make homemade mash potatoes pies and even homemade Rolls im pleased
on November 22, 2013
I was in the market for a new hand mixer for the times I don't want to haul out my huge KitchenAid stand mixer just to whisk up some whipped cream or do a quick cake mix, then I saw this one on sale for $30 and figured I'd give it a shot. Unit arrived with stand, mixer, standard beaters and bread hooks. The documentation mentions whisks but unfortunately my model didn't include them, that's too bad, would have preferred those over the bread hooks, I used my KitchenAid for mixing my bread dough.

The mixer itself is larger than a regular hand unit, but it is still easy enough to handle on its own. Beaters are decently sized. Dough hooks seem small. Mixed up some cake and cookie batter easily enough. Low speeds still seem quick compared to my other mixers.

The stand is large, but lightweight. Includes a "lazy susan" type turntable for the bowl which locks into it. Surprisingly the motion from the beaters was enough to spin the bowl on its own mixing up cake mix, but you can easily turn it by hand. You will want to keep a spatula handy as the mixers have a gap between them and the edge and bottom of the bowl. The mixer locks in down or angle position, a second button releases it from the base. Note, there is no sort of auto-shut off, you can lift the mixer while it is running.

Bowl is thin but sturdy enough, large enough for a cake mix or batch of cookies, no issues there.

I would recommend this mixer, but would suggest getting a model with the whisks as they might be more handy than the bread hooks. I haven't tried mixing bread with this myself, I'm not sure if it would do well with the thicker dough.
on May 18, 2017
Be prepared to stand over it with a spatula to push stuff into the beaters. The beaters are small and don't go to the bottom. It works for bread, though and it's better than a hand mixer. It does turn on its own... IF it can actually get leverage from your dough instead of the beaters.

Update: at a couple months shy of a year old, this mixer is garbage. It's making a screaming noise that sounds like a loose fan belt on a car and is just as loud. I'm afraid to even use it anymore. Save yourself some money and invest in a KitchenAid which is guaranteed.
on January 30, 2018
This is totally worth the less than $50 you're going to pay for it. The beater itself is very strong, and I love the option to hold it in my hand or use the stand. It's definitely not a kitchenaid stand mixer, but for what you pay, you won't regret what you get.
on January 19, 2016
This mixer is pretty fantastic.

It is small, but powerful. It is light, but stays in place. It is a stand mixer, but also a hand mixer.

This would be a great mixer for anyone who is short on room or cannot lift a heavy stand mixer on their own. Even if it is too heavy, it is easy to remove the mixer from the stand and carry both individually to help with the weight (and this thing seriously is not heavy, I am mainly thinking of people like my grandparents and my mother.)

I bought this as a gift for Christmas, but now I really want one for myself!
on February 19, 2017
I have Rheumatoid Arthritis, my hands are particularly bad. I've loved baking but in the last few years it's pretty much been impossible for me. Got this and it is so easy to use!

No problem with splattering like others have said, also it doesn't all mix on its own like other posters have noted, I just use a spatula and push the mixture down the side to be mixed again. Doesn't cause me a problem! Love this stand mixer.
on September 2, 2014
We have only recently received this product. It works fine out of the box. It feels like it is intended only for light duty uses. I bought it despite the number of people who complained about it breaking when they tried to mix bread dough. Here's a hint folks: Don't try to mix bread dough with this unit! I just about burn up my $300 Kitchenaid mixer when I am making bread. This machine simply is not designed to be used that way. If you are tempted to try, don't. Take a sledge hammer and beat those "dough hooks" into plowshares and move on.