Oil month Automotive HPC Best Books of the Month Introducing Prime Wardrobe nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Offline listening. Learn more. GNO for Samsung S9 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Mother's Day gifts Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Fifty Shades Freed available to buy Fifty Shades Freed available to buy Fifty Shades Freed available to buy  Kids Edition Echo Dot Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now TG18PP_gno

on October 21, 2011
This heater is just what I was looking for. Be prepared that the brand you will receive will be marked "Holmes." But as it turns out, different arm of the same company. Hoping my unit will last longer than the last Holmes bathroom heater we purchased. This exact unit (unmarked) is offered by Hammacher-Schlemmer with a lifetime guarantee, so I'm hoping that's a good sign. Very hard to find item--I shopped the web thoroughly before buying. So far I am impressed with the amount of heat it puts out. I like the "Stay On" feature, as you can get the bathroom really toasty before you shower. Comes with a digital clock and timer, mounts on the wall if you so desire. It was either this one or another Holmes with an ALCI plug that could be safely used in a bathroom.

Update, 02/03/2012, unit has stopped working already. (Purchased Oct., 2011.) Seems to short itself out when you try to turn it on. I tried unplugging it, resetting the switch on the plug, but no luck. Now I try to see what the warranty is and if I'm covered.
22 comments| 7 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
VINE VOICEon March 3, 2011
First, this heater is not exactly 'sleek', as advertised. But for heating a bathroom before the morning shower, it has the right features. Once you get the hang of the clock / timer control, it worked as it should. It was loud enough to sub as an alarm clock, as well.
We used this in our house occasionally for part of 2 winters, and it's dead. Judging from the reviews, other's had even worse luck than me.
on May 13, 2010
I bought this for my small bathroom to be mounted on the wall. It worked perfectly all winter, keeping the bathroom nice and warm. The timer also worked very well. Then this morning, 13 May, I turned it on to take the chill from the room in the early morning and there was no heat. The fan works and blows, but no heat. That's very disappointing. I don't know if I will order another for next year. I'll have to think about it.
on February 9, 2010
I've been using this Sunbeam bathroom heater for about a month now with no problems. This is the first bathroom heater I've ever owned, so I unfortunately don't have anything to compare it to.

With that said, I purchased this solely for use in my small bathroom since it gets quite chilly in there, and so far it's kept it nice and warm. :) I think the heater is a bit noisy, but on the other hand...at least I'm not cold!

As other reviewers have said, the clock resets every time the heater is unplugged, though I haven't had a need for it yet. I've tested out the functions, like the timer, stay on, fan, and the digital thermostat, all of which work great. Also, when you turn the power off while it's still running, it switches to fan mode and counts down from 10 seconds before turning off.

During the initial use, there IS a rather strong plastic smell but it seems to gradually dissipate with use, though I may just be getting used to it.
on March 7, 2009
Quiet operation. Easy to program. Digital time display. Heats a small sized bathroom efficently.
I like the fact that you can program the heater to turn on at a certain time. It automatically turn itself off or you can do so manually. It has a built in safety feature so you have to hit the automatic timer within the same 24 hours you want it to automatically come on - in other words you can not program it to automatically come on every day or just any day. I do not like the fact that it does not turn off if it's accidentaly turned over. It comes with a mounting hook, in case you want to mount it to a surface.
22 comments| 9 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on January 31, 2011
We finally have a warm bathroom when we need it. We didn't want to upgrade the ceiling fan to a heating fan, this was the only heater fan rated okay for bathroom use. Heats quickly and fan noise is okay. Long cord, no problem to hook it up on bathroom outlets.
on March 11, 2016
Bought this heater for a coworker for under her desk. Works great and the adjustable heat levels works good.
on December 11, 2013
The heater works great. I don't use it that often so I don't leave it powered on. Every time it is turned on it wants it's clock reset. That's sort of irritating, but I just ignore it.
on December 17, 2010
Excellent supplemental heat for basement bathroom, works well in the bathroom in the basement, other heaters did not work well.
on February 3, 2010
Heater arrived promptly and works well. Does a super job in a moderate sized bathroom. I recommend it.