Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Year So Far STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Introducing Echo Show Limited-time offer: All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 26 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 27 reviews
on March 4, 2011
Great blanket. I don't know why some of these VERY BASIC specs are not listed in the description, except that some sellers are really friggin lazy, but here ya go:

Machine Washable & Dryer Safe

- Twin (62 in x 84 in)
- Full (72 in x 84 in)
- Queen (84 in x 90 in)
- King (100 in x 90 in)
22 comments| 62 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 10, 2011
The fabric is very soft and plush. Overall the blanket is a good weight--not too heavy, not too light.

I like this blanket for the timer. The blanket turns off automatically after 10 or so hours. This I really appreciate as (with my old blanket) I frequently forgot; given that I travel frequently, sometimes my blanket was on for 4 or 5 days at a time. The pre-heater---I don't understand exactly why an electric blanket needs a preheater...but it has it!

The control dial has a minimal glow to it..enough so I can see it easily at night, but not so bright where the light disturbs my sleep.

I would have preferred a different color, but for the sale price.... I prefer quality and practicality over color coordination.
on January 27, 2011
I can not say enough good things about this wonderful blanket. You preheat the bed (don't need long at all) and when you get in, it's like slipping into warm cocoa. The heat is evenly distributed, the blanket itself is beautiful and I honestly don't think it is too heavy at all... We have another blanket on the bed that's definitely heavier. I love it so much that I have the exact same blanket in throw size to keep in my home office. I don't see how anyone could be sorry they bought this blanket. I love it!!!!
on February 14, 2014
This might be one of the best "mistakes" I have made in a long time. The blanket is soft, warm (even when the heaters are not on) and the dual zone heating is a must. (My wife's setting is always different from mine.) The controlers are easy to understand and use. We place ours between the bed comforter and the sheet, which helps keep the blanket clean. The coils are noticable, but not bothersome (especially not compared to a cold bed!). The preheat function also works very well.

What is the "mistake" you wonder? Simple. When this is on, you don't want to get out of bed, EVER! Have already had a couple of "rushed" mornings with this blanket on because it makes it far too easy to roll-over and hit "snooze"...

So far, so good. Worth the investment put into it.
on January 12, 2015
I have tried at least three or four electric blankets and been totally dissatisfied with each one. They just never seemed to get warm enough even if I would try turning them on well in advance. I'd had one that I loved but I had given it to my granddaughter. I found out she wasn't using it so I took it back and found it wasn't working. On a whim I bought this one and WOW! I am so happy! This one warms up immediately. I don't even need to go past the lower settings to find a comfortable setting for me. I've wasted a ton of money on all those other brands before. In the future, I will stick with Sunbeam!!!
on October 7, 2013
I absolutely love this blanket (right now), because in the fall when there's a chilly night, you don't even have to turn it on, and its still warm. It takes about 20 minutes to heat up, and once it does its hot, wake up and your sweaty hot. The blanket turns off after 10 hours, but who ever sleeps for 10 hours? psh. The downfall of this blanket is that its very thin, and you can feel all the ribbing, no biggie though. I haven't tried to wash this blanket yet, and I've only had it for a 11 days, used it 4 times, so who knows if it will be good after a year of use.
on December 3, 2013
Not as thick of a blanket as I would have liked. Feels thin and the wires are very thick. Blank does get very warm though, so we like it.
on January 29, 2014
My husband has arthritis and loves the warmth it gives him. He sleeps,well in the bitter cold. Wish we bought this blanket sooner.Celebrate success. Reward yourself for meeting your goals with something you like to do, not with food. Choose rewards that you'll enjoy, such as a movie, music CD, an afternoon off from work, a massage, or personal time.
on June 6, 2014
Having lost our electric blanket in a recent move, we needed a replacement. Being on a new home budget pretty much kept us from buying one in the store due to the ridiculous prices, so we decided to look online. We couldn't be more happy with what we found and well within our price range! Highly recommended!
on June 13, 2015
Bought as a gift for my BF,he loves it! super soft.the pre-heat feature it nice and auto off is great for when you jump out of bed and out the door to work,don't have to wonder/worry if you remembered to turn it off

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.