Lyft Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Tailgating ToyHW17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 195 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 207 reviews
on January 24, 2014
I originally bought this shovel to use on our deck in the back as I have a Uline heavy, sharp shovel to use on our Minnesota driveway in the front of our house. However, carrying that 10 lb shovel from the front to the back is a pain. So I bought this shovel with a small job in mind. I LOVE this shovel! It is SOOO light! I didn't even break a sweat clearing the deck with this light shovel and the metal strip (which my heavy duty shovel does not have), is AWESOME! It cut up the solid snow so I could easily break it up to shovel. It scrapped the ice off the deck so the path is clear (I was having to put down salt to try and break up the ice)! Since I hadn't broke a sweat, I decided to try it out on the 4 inches of snow that had just landed in the driveway. Again, it exceeded my expectations. The shovel was so great, I had to stop using it because it wanted to get ALL of the snow off the driveway and I did not have time to get 3 months worth of packed snow off my driveway, so I resorted to the old shovel which just tackled the new snowfall. I am super duper happy with my purchase. I did not know one could be in love with a shovel, but I am.
on February 27, 2016
I ordered this a day before a big snow storm, because all of the shovels in our area were sold out! I was in such a rush that I didn't read the product information, I just wanted something that could be shipped asap. Luckily I didn't read the product information, because I was under the impression that anything metal/steel would be very heavy (according to my bf). Well, this is not the cheap plastic shovels that tends to break, and they're not so heavy that I wouldn't want to own one. The shape/curve and weight of the shovel was perfect. I'm a 5'2" female, and it was perfect for me. The only downfall was that I didn't get it in time due to the blizzard we had, but the shove is still a great shovel!
on January 13, 2014
Works great to scrape and shovel. I used this to sort of break up frozen snow in front of my garage. It also pushes and scoops well. It feels like a quality build. It doesn't feel flimsy or cheap.
on March 1, 2017
Not a bad shovel. Typical construction found in today's products. By that I mean the plastic shovel end is not super rigid like shovels 10 plus years ago. The metal strip will eventually bend on the ends and get all chewed up. However we had one bad storm of 8-10 inches and the snow was wet snow and it did the job where needed when the snow blower wasn't an option. So for the money the shovel is worth it. Maybe in a climate like Buffalo, NY you may want to spend more but the typical user should get a few years out of it.
on April 29, 2017
I'M A WOMAN FROM THE NORTHEAST AND WOULD HAVE POO-POOED THE USE OF A PLASTIC SHOVEL IF I HADN'T MOVED TO COLORADO. (I'VE DONE A LOT OF SHOVELING!) FOR THE MOST PART WE DON'T HAVE THE FREEZING RAIN AND ICY SNOW THAT IS FOUND IN MASSACHUSETTS. THIS SHOVEL IS WELL CONSTRUCTED AND NOT CHEAP PLASTIC. I'VE USED IT FOR ABOUT 5 SNOWSTORM CLEANUPS NOW AND IT WORKS VERY WELL. IT DOES HAVE A METAL EDGE TO HELP OUT WHEN THINGS GET MESSY AND IT STILL LOOKS BRAND NEW! I HIGHLY RECOMMEND IT!
on April 7, 2014
I am a 60 year old, disabled female and this shovel TRULY helped me out this winter. We moved into a home for the first time in 16 years so I was unprepared for the amount of snow we might be having this winter and the amount of work it would take to keep the driveway clean. I had read that this shovel would break so hesitantly did I buy it. Yet I have used it 7 times now on hard ice and deep snow and it hasn't given me too many problems. I did discover that the review that stated that the snow would gather in the bowl, or curve, of the shovel was true and I had to tap it many times on the ground to loosen the build up of snow in the deep bowl of this shovel. But it is lightweight and sturdy and has lasted SO far. The best way I discovered to use it was to place it upside down on the ground and push the snow to the edge of the driveway like a snowplow. Since I am not as strong as I used to be, the shovel does get heavy when full so the pushing helped me to overcome this. Hopefully you will take a chance as I did and discover that this is a good shovel.
on February 17, 2016
This is the best snow shovel I have ever used. I am 68, so I need a shovel that is easy to use. This one is. The last snowfall was a heavy wet snow. I was able to push the snow instead of lifting. The snow did not stick to the shovel. The handle gives me more control. My previous shovels twisted too easily with a load of snow. Glad I ordered this snow shovel.
on June 4, 2016
I have bought two of these snow shovels, and I like them better than another model we had last year that ended up breaking. We live in Northern Virginia and had a blizzard in January with 30 inches of accumulation. These snow shovels did well, and did not break under the weight of the snow.
on March 10, 2017
I found this shovel to not be quite right for the job I needed. I bet it would work well on a smooth asphalt driveway with a few inches of snow. But when I used it on a wooden deck and gravel driveway I found that it tended to catch on any uneven surface. It feels a bit flimsy but it didn't break so it may be stronger than it looks.
on January 31, 2015
Purchased my second Suncast shovel, replacing an old reliable, but wood-handled, snow thrower. The first Suncast is still in use here in Idaho, and it promises to be my newest old and reliable thrower. The galvanized reinforced front edge still has not loosened, and although the hard plastic scoop worries me sometimes in the -15F cold, I've not seen a crack in 6 years -- nor heard an ominous creak. I prefer the straight handle to get a better angle when scraping snow that was packed by my car tires on the driveway. Everything is right about this shovel, including the price and delivery.