Spring Deals Automotive Magazine Deals New-season heels nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stream your favorites. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Fire TV Stick: $29.99. Offer ends 3/26/18 Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry SpringEvent_Lawn_and_Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon MMM MMM MMM  Echo Dot Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop now TG18SW_gno

on July 21, 2015
The BlenderBottle is hit and miss, in terms of usage, I have had this product since March 27th, 2015 and have used it every day for the past few months. It is perfect for blends you make at home. I blend at home and after the blend sits for a while the concoction gets thick and settles. However, with the BlenderBottle, I just shake shake shake it up and I have a nice palatable beverage again. Even my girlfriend who has a NutriBullet uses the BlenderBottle because drinking out of the NutriBullet canister leads to the same problem.

So I can honestly say the BlenderBottle has made it easier for me to drink and transport my blends and has been the perfect compliment to my commuter lifestyle.

Simple, I have had the plastic container for about four months and the lid is cracked. I hand wash this container every day, I never use anything but fridge temperature blends in it and I have never dropped the bottle. It is a manufacturer defect in the lid. The plastic separates from the top of the lid to where it gets screwed on as you can see in my picture and that of other amazon reviewers. I have already submitted a warranty claim for a new lid with BlenderBottle, but I'm sure the process is going to take at least two weeks so I was forced to by another BlenderBottle in the meantime. Hopefully this one lasts longer or is designed better.

I put in for a lid replacement request under the blender bottle warranty which can be found here (http://www.blenderbottle.com/warranty-claim/)

The process takes about 15 minutes, you will need to take a couple of pictures and look for numbers on the bottle and on the lid regardless of which part has broken. After submitting my request BlenderBottle mailed out a replacement within about a day so the process is quick. I did this on July 21st and received my replacement on July 27th. In the meantime I had to prime a replacement bottle since I didn't want to go without my blends. Overall I'm satisfied with the warranty process.
review image
2020 comments| 472 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on February 7, 2012
There have been many negative reviews on the BlenderBottle, lately. To see just how accurate some of these comments are, I submitted the following message to BlenderBottle today:

"I have been told that customer service may be lacking at BlenderBottle. I submit this inquiry to test that assumption. I have a couple of questions that have come up that are not identified on your FAQ section.

Why did you switch from plastic #7 to plastic #5 for the body of your bottle?

Do you sell replacement balls?

There has been a lot of talk on Amazon.com that the new bottles leak and crack at the bottom. Have you noticed this being an issue and if so, have you taken measures to address it?

Where are BlenderBottles manufactured? There is no country of origin on the bottles that I have seen (it may be on the packaging, but I didn't check the packaging).

I hope you are able to respond to my email. I would be very disappointed to only receive an automated response. In closing, I use one of your bottles and have not identified any of the concerns that I have read about. Over the course of the next several weeks, I will hopefully determine that the BlenderBottle quality is what you claim it to be. I look forward to using my bottle. Thank you for taking the time to read my email."

I am a new BlenderBottle owner and from what I can tell it is what it claims to be. It cleans easily, it doesn't retain odors and it seems to be made of fairly thick plastic. Time will tell if the bottle is up to my quality standard. I will post the reply, if any, that BlenderBottle sends me. Stay tuned!

(UPDATE 08FEB12)On the very next day, after sending my message, BlenderBottle responded, personally. Here is the email:
"Hi Courtney,
Thank you for your interest in BlenderBottle products. Customer satisfaction is our highest priority. We do our best to respond to all customer inquiries in a timely manner, in the same way we are responding to your message today.

The BlenderBottle Classic has always been made of the same materials (cup #5 PP, lid #2 HDPE, BlenderBall 316 surgical-grade stainless steel). All of our products are and have always been BPA free. Our newest product, BlenderBottle SportMixer, is also BPA free. The cup is made of #7 Eastman Tritan, the lid is made of #5 PP, and the BlenderBall is made of 316 surgical-grade stainless steel.

We do sell replacement BlenderBalls. They are available by contacting our Customer Service department either by phone or email.

We design our products to be stylish, durable, and leakproof.

We continually look for ways to improve our product and only use what we consider and test to be the very best materials and manufacturing processes. That is why we stand behind all our products with a full customer satisfaction warranty.

Our products are designed in the USA, proprietary, covered by multiple patents, and responsibly manufactured in China.

Thank you for taking time to inquire about our products. We hope you enjoy your new BlenderBottle!

Best regards, SUNDESA LLC | 801.235.9448 | BLENDERBOTTLE.COM"

So there you have it. If you trust what the manufacturer is telling you, then you can be pretty certain that you will be buying a good quality product. If you aren't happy with it, they have a guarantee. I personally hope I never have an issue with my BlenderBottle, but if I do, I will tell-all in an updated review. Happy blending!

(UPDATE: 29FEB12)I have been using this bottle for about a month now. First, let me start by stating that there is one major problem with Amazon.com reviews and because this problem is not able to be resolved, it remains. To have one reviewer RAVE about how great a product is, followed by a WARNING to never buy the product, simply mystifies me. Most reviews seem to be well thought-out and provide great information. I just don't understand how some reviews can be such polar opposites. So, with that said, here is my one-month evaluation of the BlenderBottle.

It hasn't cracked or shown any signs of wear. Some reviewers have claimed that their bottle cracked. Since this is a protein shaker and is intended to be used by health-concious people (e.g. weight lifters), I would imagine there are some pretty buff people, out there, shaking their protein drinks like there's no tomorrow. I am not a body builder or weight lifter and I shake my drink in a gentle, swirling motion.

I have left protein drink residue in it for up to two days and it has not retained the smell (or created any funky smell) after I washed it. Some reviewers have claimed that if they didn't wash the bottle immediately after use, it retained a smell similar to a decomposing body, forcing them to discard the bottle. If I forget to wash my bottle immediately, I only have to place a small amount of soap in the container, blend it, and rinse it. It seems to be a very high quality product. Despite some scathing reviews, I recommend you try this product. With Amazon.com's terrific return policy, you simply have nothing to lose. Good luck!
3232 comments| 1,695 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on August 2, 2010
If you notice, most of the positive reviews are from years ago. Since then, Sundesa has dramatically cut quality, changed the material (#7 plastic to #5 plastic), and as a result the new bottles have 2 problems:

I would not buy this product. Don't be fooled by the high rating, it's not longer an accurate representation of the product.
1818 comments| 234 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on November 30, 2014
Can't believe I'm writing this, and I honestly thought this bottle would last me forever. I'm not sure if maybe I was sent a defective bottle, but the lid that I received for this bottle was the cheapest made plastic lid I have ever seen. My wife was putting dishes away and she accidentally dropped the black lid of the bottle (only the lid, was not put on the bottle) on the floor and the outer plastic edge ring that screws on the bottle completely cracked away from the lid. It's so bizarre I had to take a picture of it. If you look closely at the edges of the piece that broke it looks as if something sharp had cut it right off the lid, something with serrated edges as you can see it's not a continuous smooth cut. (Could it be a cheaply glued on plastic piece?) I'm really just posting this because this was so bizarre and I hope I was sent a defective lid, I want to believe this is not something that commonly happens with this product. If that's the case, maybe I can be sent a replacement from the manufacturer, I actually only need a lid.

The bottle itself is fine, and this was used regularly as a protein shake bottle and a water bottle for the gym and/or bike rides. I had no previous complaints before this and the bottle itself works great, but unfortunately now it is useless as I can't really make use of it without it's lid.
review image
88 comments| 106 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on March 14, 2012
 So, clearly I'm not a weightlifter or trying to bulk up by drinking protein shakes, but I am using them as a way to increase my daily caloric intake. In the video, I am using a whey protein powder and skim milk. When I ordered my first jar of protein powder, I almost bought this bottle as well, but then I figured I really didn't need it. I thought I'd just empty out a water bottle and shake it in there, or stir it in a glass. By the 2nd shake I made, with mouthfuls of powdery lumps, I decided it was something I should invest in - and really- not much of an investment at that- only $7. and change. I honestly never thought that the shakes would have been that difficult to mix, so as to justify the purchase of a special type of bottle, but I was quite wrong. Who knew? Well, not me, apparrantly. Anyway, it does exactly what it claims to do, and it does it very well. All of the shakes I've made have been consistently smooth, and I have not seen any leakage from any part of the bottle. It is actually very well made, and the flip top lid is very tight and secure. That little metal ball really does make a huge difference in how the shake turns out. It's a time saver as well-very quick. No buyer's remorse; received the item on time, total A+++ purchase. Highly recommend for mixing any type of powdered drink.
review image
99 comments| 736 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
The little sealing ring inside my old Zyliss shaker bottle finally bit the dust, so I went looking for a new option. I was overwhelmed with all the choices!

I settled on this shorter 20 oz. BlenderBottle mainly because I didn't want a huge one and this one had great reviews.

There are positives and negatives with this one as I'm sure there are with most of them. There's a pretty significant negative that bugs me about mine, though. The "flip-up" sealing cap on the drinking spout is so tightly sealed that it's EXTREMELY difficult to open (as in finger-nail breaking and sore fingers difficult). While, granted, this is perhaps better than it flipping open willy-nilly and spilling, it's frustrating that it clamps on this tightly. I'm far from a weakling, but I have to work and work at it to pry it open. Perhaps I just got a dud and this isn't the norm for most of them. But it's bad enough that I no longer drink from the drinking spout -- instead I twist off the lid and drink from the lip of the bottle as if it were a glass. It would also be nice if the ounce measurements weren't so faint and hard to see (I actually didn't even realize they were there for weeks).

The first time I used it, it leaked. But that turned out to be user error ( <--Mine!). I'd screwed the lid on slightly crooked. Since the lid will *seem* to be screwed on tightly even if it's at a slight angle, I'm careful to make sure that the lid is seated on squarely before tightening. No leaking as long as I do that!

Other than that, it's fine. It's small enough that it doesn't take up as much space when I pop it in my luggage for travel. The stainless steel ball does a good job of mixing while shaking. All three parts do fine in the dishwasher. There's a handy pop-up loop for carrying or hanging.

It comes in lots of nice colors. I chose the aqua/aqua.
on December 4, 2016
Went to shake my bottle today, and ended up with protein shake all over my room.
The top had separated from itself, and theres a huge crack!! Wont be able to use this again.
Made about 5 shakes before this happened, I take care of my stuff so this is definitely a quality issue.
Very upsetting.
33 comments|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on April 2, 2015
Bottle lid broke after ~2 months of use. Split at the seam as seen in other reviews. Very disappointing.

Have filed a warranty claim with Blender Bottle, will update review after I see how they handle the situation.
review image
55 comments| 91 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on January 18, 2018
Awesome stuff. Granted the lid has been designed by a braindead person or persons, so if you are buying this and you don't have a lighter buy a lighter as well. Now, the blender ball works wonderfully, but the lid has recently went pop (I've attached the image). This problem has been talked about in other reviews, and the solution of contacting blenderbottle and asking for replacement has not worked for me, so I gave it some thought and found a solution. You will need only a lighter or some matches and some paper towel(or at least that's what I used when this idea occurred to me at around 11:30pm). So, you press the lid so that the circular gap(through which now liquid can go through) is no longer visible, then you start burning the plastic area around the gap until it becomes pliable, so yeah, good idea this is bpa free, anyways then you'll have to quickly take a piece of paper towel that you have turned into a ball and press the melter area over the gap area, and then wait for it to cool off(it helps if you're somewhere cold so you can just open a window and let the breeze cool it off quickly) and then pour some water into the lid and see if the lid is leaking, if it is then determine the exact area and then back to burning it and cooling it off and testing again until you get it right. It took me about 5 tries but results are in a photo. Also, you can see I can probably do some more burning, but it's not leaking anymore, so I may get back to doing a prettier job at some point. Now, this is if you're lucky, because apparently some folks had problems with the actual bottle in which case I suspect one can just buy a cheap imitation in a local grocery store which should be compatible (God bless America and the conformity among various products especially when it comes to bottles/coffee cups and lids).
review imagereview image
on February 8, 2018
Just like everyone else said, lid cracked and started leaking right after couple months of purchase, garbage product, stay away.
22 comments|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse