Beauty altText This Week in Books Hallo nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments $69.99 Handmade Gift Shop Save $30 on a Deep Cleaning Appointment curbpremiere curbpremiere curbpremiere  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition $99.99. Limited-time offer. All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

Customer reviews

18,130
BlenderBottle Classic Shaker Bottle, 28-Ounce, Clear/Black
Color: Clear/Black|Size: 28-Ounce|Change

on July 21, 2015
The BlenderBottle is hit and miss, in terms of usage, I have had this product since March 27th, 2015 and have used it every day for the past few months. It is perfect for blends you make at home. I blend at home and after the blend sits for a while the concoction gets thick and settles. However, with the BlenderBottle, I just shake shake shake it up and I have a nice palatable beverage again. Even my girlfriend who has a NutriBullet uses the BlenderBottle because drinking out of the NutriBullet canister leads to the same problem.

So I can honestly say the BlenderBottle has made it easier for me to drink and transport my blends and has been the perfect compliment to my commuter lifestyle.

"SO WHY THE THREE STARS MAN"?!

Simple, I have had the plastic container for about four months and the lid is cracked. I hand wash this container every day, I never use anything but fridge temperature blends in it and I have never dropped the bottle. It is a manufacturer defect in the lid. The plastic separates from the top of the lid to where it gets screwed on as you can see in my picture and that of other amazon reviewers. I have already submitted a warranty claim for a new lid with BlenderBottle, but I'm sure the process is going to take at least two weeks so I was forced to by another BlenderBottle in the meantime. Hopefully this one lasts longer or is designed better.

***Update***

I put in for a lid replacement request under the blender bottle warranty which can be found here (http://www.blenderbottle.com/warranty-claim/)

The process takes about 15 minutes, you will need to take a couple of pictures and look for numbers on the bottle and on the lid regardless of which part has broken. After submitting my request BlenderBottle mailed out a replacement within about a day so the process is quick. I did this on July 21st and received my replacement on July 27th. In the meantime I had to prime a replacement bottle since I didn't want to go without my blends. Overall I'm satisfied with the warranty process.
review image
2020 comments| 382 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 7, 2012
There have been many negative reviews on the BlenderBottle, lately. To see just how accurate some of these comments are, I submitted the following message to BlenderBottle today:

"I have been told that customer service may be lacking at BlenderBottle. I submit this inquiry to test that assumption. I have a couple of questions that have come up that are not identified on your FAQ section.

Why did you switch from plastic #7 to plastic #5 for the body of your bottle?

Do you sell replacement balls?

There has been a lot of talk on Amazon.com that the new bottles leak and crack at the bottom. Have you noticed this being an issue and if so, have you taken measures to address it?

Where are BlenderBottles manufactured? There is no country of origin on the bottles that I have seen (it may be on the packaging, but I didn't check the packaging).

I hope you are able to respond to my email. I would be very disappointed to only receive an automated response. In closing, I use one of your bottles and have not identified any of the concerns that I have read about. Over the course of the next several weeks, I will hopefully determine that the BlenderBottle quality is what you claim it to be. I look forward to using my bottle. Thank you for taking the time to read my email."

I am a new BlenderBottle owner and from what I can tell it is what it claims to be. It cleans easily, it doesn't retain odors and it seems to be made of fairly thick plastic. Time will tell if the bottle is up to my quality standard. I will post the reply, if any, that BlenderBottle sends me. Stay tuned!

(UPDATE 08FEB12)On the very next day, after sending my message, BlenderBottle responded, personally. Here is the email:
"Hi Courtney,
Thank you for your interest in BlenderBottle products. Customer satisfaction is our highest priority. We do our best to respond to all customer inquiries in a timely manner, in the same way we are responding to your message today.

The BlenderBottle Classic has always been made of the same materials (cup #5 PP, lid #2 HDPE, BlenderBall 316 surgical-grade stainless steel). All of our products are and have always been BPA free. Our newest product, BlenderBottle SportMixer, is also BPA free. The cup is made of #7 Eastman Tritan, the lid is made of #5 PP, and the BlenderBall is made of 316 surgical-grade stainless steel.

We do sell replacement BlenderBalls. They are available by contacting our Customer Service department either by phone or email.

We design our products to be stylish, durable, and leakproof.

We continually look for ways to improve our product and only use what we consider and test to be the very best materials and manufacturing processes. That is why we stand behind all our products with a full customer satisfaction warranty.

Our products are designed in the USA, proprietary, covered by multiple patents, and responsibly manufactured in China.

Thank you for taking time to inquire about our products. We hope you enjoy your new BlenderBottle!

Best regards, SUNDESA LLC | 801.235.9448 | BLENDERBOTTLE.COM"

So there you have it. If you trust what the manufacturer is telling you, then you can be pretty certain that you will be buying a good quality product. If you aren't happy with it, they have a guarantee. I personally hope I never have an issue with my BlenderBottle, but if I do, I will tell-all in an updated review. Happy blending!

(UPDATE: 29FEB12)I have been using this bottle for about a month now. First, let me start by stating that there is one major problem with Amazon.com reviews and because this problem is not able to be resolved, it remains. To have one reviewer RAVE about how great a product is, followed by a WARNING to never buy the product, simply mystifies me. Most reviews seem to be well thought-out and provide great information. I just don't understand how some reviews can be such polar opposites. So, with that said, here is my one-month evaluation of the BlenderBottle.

It hasn't cracked or shown any signs of wear. Some reviewers have claimed that their bottle cracked. Since this is a protein shaker and is intended to be used by health-concious people (e.g. weight lifters), I would imagine there are some pretty buff people, out there, shaking their protein drinks like there's no tomorrow. I am not a body builder or weight lifter and I shake my drink in a gentle, swirling motion.

I have left protein drink residue in it for up to two days and it has not retained the smell (or created any funky smell) after I washed it. Some reviewers have claimed that if they didn't wash the bottle immediately after use, it retained a smell similar to a decomposing body, forcing them to discard the bottle. If I forget to wash my bottle immediately, I only have to place a small amount of soap in the container, blend it, and rinse it. It seems to be a very high quality product. Despite some scathing reviews, I recommend you try this product. With Amazon.com's terrific return policy, you simply have nothing to lose. Good luck!
3232 comments| 1,576 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 10, 2017
I tried three different brands of these bottles and they all broke. Either the cap broke off or the lid seal leaks, or didn’t twist on completely. I have 4 Blender Bottles now and all of them work perfectly. Don’t get the knockoffs from China. They are terrible.
As for what I put in the bottles, I use one bottle for the pre-workout supplement (C4) and a second bottle for the chocolate protein powder (Gold Standard Whey). I found also to work great is taking Nitrix by BSN and Tritestin by Biotek Nutrition – Testosterone Booster Boosts Test Levels and Increases Strength, Muscle Mass, Fat Loss, and Overall Male Performance by Biotek Nutrition. They both keep the pump going and energy levels pretty high consistently throughout the day. My bench went up 25lbs to 240 (I only weigh 170) in about 2 weeks after getting on these new supplement combination. I would recommend all of them.
11 comment| 108 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 14, 2012
 So, clearly I'm not a weightlifter or trying to bulk up by drinking protein shakes, but I am using them as a way to increase my daily caloric intake. In the video, I am using a whey protein powder and skim milk. When I ordered my first jar of protein powder, I almost bought this bottle as well, but then I figured I really didn't need it. I thought I'd just empty out a water bottle and shake it in there, or stir it in a glass. By the 2nd shake I made, with mouthfuls of powdery lumps, I decided it was something I should invest in - and really- not much of an investment at that- only $7. and change. I honestly never thought that the shakes would have been that difficult to mix, so as to justify the purchase of a special type of bottle, but I was quite wrong. Who knew? Well, not me, apparrantly. Anyway, it does exactly what it claims to do, and it does it very well. All of the shakes I've made have been consistently smooth, and I have not seen any leakage from any part of the bottle. It is actually very well made, and the flip top lid is very tight and secure. That little metal ball really does make a huge difference in how the shake turns out. It's a time saver as well-very quick. No buyer's remorse; received the item on time, total A+++ purchase. Highly recommend for mixing any type of powdered drink.
review image
99 comments| 731 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 20, 2016
I would always drink protein powder after my workouts. At first I would just pour the protein powder and water into a glass and mix the two with a spoon. This would always leave clumps everywhere. And it would also leave my protein shake very thick in consistency. I then started to use a regular bottle with a cap and shake it up in there. This helped a little but still left the protein shake thick with clumps.

I finally saw this blender bottle and purchased it. I bought the clear black twenty eight ounce size bottle. I immediately saw the results after using it for the first time. I added eight ounces of water to the bottle, added my scoop of protein powder, put in the round blender ball, put the top on, and then shake it for about thirty seconds. The powder and water mixed very well together. It left zero clumps and the consistency was very smooth.

I've been using this blender bottle for over four years now. It's completely dishwasher safe. The words on the bottle have faded, but I'm assuming it's from using it for a long period of time and running it through the dishwasher so much. I haven't noticed any leakage occurring while shaking the bottle. My only issue is that sometimes it can be difficult to flip open the white cap which covers the top part of the bottle. I'll have to pry to open using some force. This may be an issue for some people. I didn't care too much about it because I usually remove the entire top and drink straight from the bottle. This is a great blender bottle because it works very well and is not expensive.
I am new to the world of shaker bottles. I didn't know what on earth I was looking for when it came to one. What makes one better or more useful than another? Is it because this one is clear and another one is eye-seering fuchsia. Is it because the ball inside this shaker is bigger than another? What are the answers to life? The answer is who the heck knows. I picked this one because it was cheap and looked good from the picture. And you know what? I picked correct. This is a great bottle for anyone. The little mesh ball is used to stir up protein powder. Protein powder clumps like you wouldn't believe and using just a spoon to stir it up just doesn't cut it. Get it? A spoon 'cutting' it? I'll see myself out after I post this review. One invaluable lesson if I could leave one with you fellow novice is make sure the cap is sealed. Shaking the cup without the cap sealed will spray protein flavored water all over you, the kitchen, the lights, the cat, the computer, everywhere. Don't believe me? I present Exhibit A: my vanilla scented apartment from me not sealing the stupid cap. My cat still won't talk to me and it's been months.
on March 31, 2017
This 28 oz. blender bottle has a helpful, higher quality design for the protein shakes required after bariatric surgery, as well as easily keeping water handy, as there is a removable, non-rust, whisk ball. There are grips on the plastic (#5 for recycling) and ounce and ml measurements. The slide up and down carrying or hanging loop is sturdy. The cover screws on and the attached cap has a push-up, stay-up tab and snaps back securely into place, thus preventing leakage. Promptly rinsing out the protein powder/shake makes it easier to keep this bottle, cover, and whisk clean. It can go on the top shelf of a dishwasher, or be hand washed. This bottle is for cold liquids only, not hot, and is not insulated. While labeled BPA free, it is unknown if this is Tritan plastic. It is unknown why various colors have different prices. Fully satisfied with the design and sturdiness, this is a recommended blender bottle.
on June 22, 2017
When I got this I was kinda reserved on getting it due to past experiences with BlenderBottles. Majority of times whenever they dropped they'd either crack or exploded. And it wouldn't be a crazy high drop. I've had stuff happen on saved drops. Or I had issues with how it sealed, size etc etc. And for awhile I searched for a great shaker bottle. Closest I had gotten to was a one that ONNIT made. Which sadly met it's demise (My Fault) Was going to purchase it again but they decided to let Blender Bottle make it. So I searched on

This bottle... perfect or as perfect as it can get. The seal is good, no messes, no random areas that build fungus, mold or whatever, Fits in the cup holder, fits in the bag cup holders easily, Most importantly it took a drop on gravel cement and it was half full. Still good.
on February 26, 2017
I purchased this 1st because I love these bottles, and 2nd because my wife kept on taking my other two blender bottles that are now 3-4years old and using them to make home made salad dressings which prevented me from using them for weeks at a time. She loves them too.

A majority of the time I use them as a water bottle, but they are great for blending supplement drinks as well as things like home made salad dressing.

I decided to go with the 32 oz for a little more capacity than my old 28oz bottles.

I've had the bottle about 6 months now and this last time I went to use it the lid cracked. Maybe it isn't something to be too dissapointrd about considering it is 6months old. But due to my experience with my other two bottles that are at least 4 years old, the green one may be 5+ years old, it was very disappointing as I would expect to get a similar life expectancy. I'all purchase another in hopes that it was just a manufacturing defect. But I will also contact manufacturer and see if I am elligeable for a new lid.
review image
I love these bottles! I'm the kind of person that likes to have a drink with me all day, so I use these for carrying around water, coffee, whatever! My boyfriend uses them along with the spiral shaker ball for protein shakes, and says there's nothing better out there.

I also love the color; I'm always a skeptic when buying colorful items online, but this bottle is definitely true to hue. The bright translucent teal is my favorite color so I'm happy to cart this wherever I go. It fits in my car's cup holders just fine as it's a bit narrower on the bottom than the top.

Best part - buying these from Amazon is cheaper than buying them from the BlenderBottle website! Can't beat that!

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.