Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Enlightenment Now Red Shoes We Love nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stream your favorites. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheTick TheTick TheTick  Three new members of the Echo family Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now TG18PP_gno

15,766
BlenderBottle Classic Shaker Bottle, 28-Ounce, Clear/Black
Color: Clear/Black|Size: 28-Ounce|Change

on July 21, 2015
The BlenderBottle is hit and miss, in terms of usage, I have had this product since March 27th, 2015 and have used it every day for the past few months. It is perfect for blends you make at home. I blend at home and after the blend sits for a while the concoction gets thick and settles. However, with the BlenderBottle, I just shake shake shake it up and I have a nice palatable beverage again. Even my girlfriend who has a NutriBullet uses the BlenderBottle because drinking out of the NutriBullet canister leads to the same problem.

So I can honestly say the BlenderBottle has made it easier for me to drink and transport my blends and has been the perfect compliment to my commuter lifestyle.

"SO WHY THE THREE STARS MAN"?!

Simple, I have had the plastic container for about four months and the lid is cracked. I hand wash this container every day, I never use anything but fridge temperature blends in it and I have never dropped the bottle. It is a manufacturer defect in the lid. The plastic separates from the top of the lid to where it gets screwed on as you can see in my picture and that of other amazon reviewers. I have already submitted a warranty claim for a new lid with BlenderBottle, but I'm sure the process is going to take at least two weeks so I was forced to by another BlenderBottle in the meantime. Hopefully this one lasts longer or is designed better.

***Update***

I put in for a lid replacement request under the blender bottle warranty which can be found here (http://www.blenderbottle.com/warranty-claim/)

The process takes about 15 minutes, you will need to take a couple of pictures and look for numbers on the bottle and on the lid regardless of which part has broken. After submitting my request BlenderBottle mailed out a replacement within about a day so the process is quick. I did this on July 21st and received my replacement on July 27th. In the meantime I had to prime a replacement bottle since I didn't want to go without my blends. Overall I'm satisfied with the warranty process.
review image
2020 comments| 451 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on February 7, 2012
There have been many negative reviews on the BlenderBottle, lately. To see just how accurate some of these comments are, I submitted the following message to BlenderBottle today:

"I have been told that customer service may be lacking at BlenderBottle. I submit this inquiry to test that assumption. I have a couple of questions that have come up that are not identified on your FAQ section.

Why did you switch from plastic #7 to plastic #5 for the body of your bottle?

Do you sell replacement balls?

There has been a lot of talk on Amazon.com that the new bottles leak and crack at the bottom. Have you noticed this being an issue and if so, have you taken measures to address it?

Where are BlenderBottles manufactured? There is no country of origin on the bottles that I have seen (it may be on the packaging, but I didn't check the packaging).

I hope you are able to respond to my email. I would be very disappointed to only receive an automated response. In closing, I use one of your bottles and have not identified any of the concerns that I have read about. Over the course of the next several weeks, I will hopefully determine that the BlenderBottle quality is what you claim it to be. I look forward to using my bottle. Thank you for taking the time to read my email."

I am a new BlenderBottle owner and from what I can tell it is what it claims to be. It cleans easily, it doesn't retain odors and it seems to be made of fairly thick plastic. Time will tell if the bottle is up to my quality standard. I will post the reply, if any, that BlenderBottle sends me. Stay tuned!

(UPDATE 08FEB12)On the very next day, after sending my message, BlenderBottle responded, personally. Here is the email:
"Hi Courtney,
Thank you for your interest in BlenderBottle products. Customer satisfaction is our highest priority. We do our best to respond to all customer inquiries in a timely manner, in the same way we are responding to your message today.

The BlenderBottle Classic has always been made of the same materials (cup #5 PP, lid #2 HDPE, BlenderBall 316 surgical-grade stainless steel). All of our products are and have always been BPA free. Our newest product, BlenderBottle SportMixer, is also BPA free. The cup is made of #7 Eastman Tritan, the lid is made of #5 PP, and the BlenderBall is made of 316 surgical-grade stainless steel.

We do sell replacement BlenderBalls. They are available by contacting our Customer Service department either by phone or email.

We design our products to be stylish, durable, and leakproof.

We continually look for ways to improve our product and only use what we consider and test to be the very best materials and manufacturing processes. That is why we stand behind all our products with a full customer satisfaction warranty.

Our products are designed in the USA, proprietary, covered by multiple patents, and responsibly manufactured in China.

Thank you for taking time to inquire about our products. We hope you enjoy your new BlenderBottle!

Best regards, SUNDESA LLC | 801.235.9448 | BLENDERBOTTLE.COM"

So there you have it. If you trust what the manufacturer is telling you, then you can be pretty certain that you will be buying a good quality product. If you aren't happy with it, they have a guarantee. I personally hope I never have an issue with my BlenderBottle, but if I do, I will tell-all in an updated review. Happy blending!

(UPDATE: 29FEB12)I have been using this bottle for about a month now. First, let me start by stating that there is one major problem with Amazon.com reviews and because this problem is not able to be resolved, it remains. To have one reviewer RAVE about how great a product is, followed by a WARNING to never buy the product, simply mystifies me. Most reviews seem to be well thought-out and provide great information. I just don't understand how some reviews can be such polar opposites. So, with that said, here is my one-month evaluation of the BlenderBottle.

It hasn't cracked or shown any signs of wear. Some reviewers have claimed that their bottle cracked. Since this is a protein shaker and is intended to be used by health-concious people (e.g. weight lifters), I would imagine there are some pretty buff people, out there, shaking their protein drinks like there's no tomorrow. I am not a body builder or weight lifter and I shake my drink in a gentle, swirling motion.

I have left protein drink residue in it for up to two days and it has not retained the smell (or created any funky smell) after I washed it. Some reviewers have claimed that if they didn't wash the bottle immediately after use, it retained a smell similar to a decomposing body, forcing them to discard the bottle. If I forget to wash my bottle immediately, I only have to place a small amount of soap in the container, blend it, and rinse it. It seems to be a very high quality product. Despite some scathing reviews, I recommend you try this product. With Amazon.com's terrific return policy, you simply have nothing to lose. Good luck!
3232 comments| 1,678 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on November 17, 2015
Blender Bottle - Top Quality with excellent mixing. For under $8 you cannot beat it. Mine held up through a drop test and has been pulverizing my protein powders. Cons: If you take multiple different drinks and are on the go you need to re-fill it or have 2 on you.

Hydra Cup - Dual Threat Shaker Bottle, 28 Ounce (1, Original Black) - Game changer if you are taking more than one workout drink with you and don't want to lug around multiple bottles. Top quality and decent mixing. For $12 it is a great value. Cons: Can only fit 14oz on each side (28oz total). It can be tight to squeeze in some workout drinks in that require more liquid.

Smart Shake - Very convenient if you carry around a lot of pills & powders during the day. Quality is decent, but not up to par with the other two. For $10 it's a good value if you need the storage aspect, but I wouldn't buy it again otherwise. Cons: Have to re-fill it up with water in order to mix up another drink. SmartShake Shaker Cup, Black, 20-Ounce

Depending on what you need out of a shaker cup, each one might be the right one for you. I'm currently using both the blender bottle & Hydracup because I'm taking three different powders. For traditional use out of a shaker cup I would say go blender bottle.
review image
22 comments| 152 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on June 20, 2016
I would always drink protein powder after my workouts. At first I would just pour the protein powder and water into a glass and mix the two with a spoon. This would always leave clumps everywhere. And it would also leave my protein shake very thick in consistency. I then started to use a regular bottle with a cap and shake it up in there. This helped a little but still left the protein shake thick with clumps.

I finally saw this blender bottle and purchased it. I bought the clear black twenty eight ounce size bottle. I immediately saw the results after using it for the first time. I added eight ounces of water to the bottle, added my scoop of protein powder, put in the round blender ball, put the top on, and then shake it for about thirty seconds. The powder and water mixed very well together. It left zero clumps and the consistency was very smooth.

I've been using this blender bottle for over four years now. It's completely dishwasher safe. The words on the bottle have faded, but I'm assuming it's from using it for a long period of time and running it through the dishwasher so much. I haven't noticed any leakage occurring while shaking the bottle. My only issue is that sometimes it can be difficult to flip open the white cap which covers the top part of the bottle. I'll have to pry to open using some force. This may be an issue for some people. I didn't care too much about it because I usually remove the entire top and drink straight from the bottle. This is a great blender bottle because it works very well and is not expensive.
on March 14, 2012
 So, clearly I'm not a weightlifter or trying to bulk up by drinking protein shakes, but I am using them as a way to increase my daily caloric intake. In the video, I am using a whey protein powder and skim milk. When I ordered my first jar of protein powder, I almost bought this bottle as well, but then I figured I really didn't need it. I thought I'd just empty out a water bottle and shake it in there, or stir it in a glass. By the 2nd shake I made, with mouthfuls of powdery lumps, I decided it was something I should invest in - and really- not much of an investment at that- only $7. and change. I honestly never thought that the shakes would have been that difficult to mix, so as to justify the purchase of a special type of bottle, but I was quite wrong. Who knew? Well, not me, apparrantly. Anyway, it does exactly what it claims to do, and it does it very well. All of the shakes I've made have been consistently smooth, and I have not seen any leakage from any part of the bottle. It is actually very well made, and the flip top lid is very tight and secure. That little metal ball really does make a huge difference in how the shake turns out. It's a time saver as well-very quick. No buyer's remorse; received the item on time, total A+++ purchase. Highly recommend for mixing any type of powdered drink.
review image
99 comments| 735 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on July 10, 2017
I tried three different brands of these bottles and they all broke. Either the cap broke off or the lid seal leaks, or didn’t twist on completely. I have 4 Blender Bottles now and all of them work perfectly. Don’t get the knockoffs from China. They are terrible.
As for what I put in the bottles, I use one bottle for the pre-workout supplement (C4) and a second bottle for the chocolate protein powder (Gold Standard Whey). I found also to work great is taking Nitrix by BSN and Tritestin by Biotek Nutrition – Testosterone Booster Boosts Test Levels and Increases Strength, Muscle Mass, Fat Loss, and Overall Male Performance by Biotek Nutrition. They both keep the pump going and energy levels pretty high consistently throughout the day. My bench went up 25lbs to 240 (I only weigh 170) in about 2 weeks after getting on these new supplement combination. I would recommend all of them.
11 comment| 111 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on January 18, 2018
Awesome stuff. Granted the lid has been designed by a braindead person or persons, so if you are buying this and you don't have a lighter buy a lighter as well. Now, the blender ball works wonderfully, but the lid has recently went pop (I've attached the image). This problem has been talked about in other reviews, and the solution of contacting blenderbottle and asking for replacement has not worked for me, so I gave it some thought and found a solution. You will need only a lighter or some matches and some paper towel(or at least that's what I used when this idea occurred to me at around 11:30pm). So, you press the lid so that the circular gap(through which now liquid can go through) is no longer visible, then you start burning the plastic area around the gap until it becomes pliable, so yeah, good idea this is bpa free, anyways then you'll have to quickly take a piece of paper towel that you have turned into a ball and press the melter area over the gap area, and then wait for it to cool off(it helps if you're somewhere cold so you can just open a window and let the breeze cool it off quickly) and then pour some water into the lid and see if the lid is leaking, if it is then determine the exact area and then back to burning it and cooling it off and testing again until you get it right. It took me about 5 tries but results are in a photo. Also, you can see I can probably do some more burning, but it's not leaking anymore, so I may get back to doing a prettier job at some point. Now, this is if you're lucky, because apparently some folks had problems with the actual bottle in which case I suspect one can just buy a cheap imitation in a local grocery store which should be compatible (God bless America and the conformity among various products especially when it comes to bottles/coffee cups and lids).
review imagereview image
on July 25, 2017
The little sealing ring inside my old Zyliss shaker bottle finally bit the dust, so I went looking for a new option. I was overwhelmed with all the choices!

I settled on this shorter 20 oz. BlenderBottle mainly because I didn't want a huge one and this one had great reviews.

There are positives and negatives with this one as I'm sure there are with most of them. There's a pretty significant negative that bugs me about mine, though. The "flip-up" sealing cap on the drinking spout is so tightly sealed that it's EXTREMELY difficult to open (as in finger-nail breaking and sore fingers difficult). While, granted, this is perhaps better than it flipping open willy-nilly and spilling, it's frustrating that it clamps on this tightly. I'm far from a weakling, but I have to work and work at it to pry it open. Perhaps I just got a dud and this isn't the norm for most of them. But it's bad enough that I no longer drink from the drinking spout -- instead I twist off the lid and drink from the lip of the bottle as if it were a glass. It would also be nice if the ounce measurements weren't so faint and hard to see (I actually didn't even realize they were there for weeks).

The first time I used it, it leaked. But that turned out to be user error ( <--Mine!). I'd screwed the lid on slightly crooked. Since the lid will *seem* to be screwed on tightly even if it's at a slight angle, I'm careful to make sure that the lid is seated on squarely before tightening. No leaking as long as I do that!

Other than that, it's fine. It's small enough that it doesn't take up as much space when I pop it in my luggage for travel. The stainless steel ball does a good job of mixing while shaking. All three parts do fine in the dishwasher. There's a handy pop-up loop for carrying or hanging.

It comes in lots of nice colors. I chose the aqua/aqua.
on May 16, 2015
I bought this bottle on May 1st.

2 Weeks of using it and it already has a disgusting smell and taste to it.
I always wash it out right after working out and when I've finished my protein shakes.
I've instead ordered their SportMixer which is supposed to be more resistant to this problem.
Not only that, but the top leaks when shaking, little driplets everywhere.

I don't know what people are mixing in this bottle that makes it NOT smell and taste horrible, but horrible waste of money for mixing my protein powder. Tried washing it out with soap, as a final resort I let it sit over night in soap and washed it out with hot water afterwards.
Now the bottle smells like a mix of protein powder and soap, if you try to drink anything out of it it'll taste like soapy protein powder.

Not happy, I've had microwaved tubberware that's been more resistant than this thing.

Edit: Had the SportMixer bottle, which is made by the SAME COMPANY, for 2 weeks now and it seems to be holding up well. No bad smell or taste. It's worth the extra $3 you pay for it. It even has a measurement for fluid oz on the side and it seals much tighter.
on May 11, 2016
I have purchased a total of four of these. After I originally bought one at the local "health food store", I purchased the remainder of them from Amazon.com. I wouldn't say I am a bodybuilder or a weightlifter or anything, but these things are super helpful in increasing protein into the body.

At one point I used two different ones with different powders in them to carry with me throughout the day. One was for protein and the other was for BCAAs. I have not used any other shaker/bottle that is does such a phenomenal job of easily turning powder into a smooth tasty drink. Although this does require you to actually move your arms a little, the ball inside does a fantastic job.

I have washed these things in my dishwasher, thrown them around my gym bag, tossed them in the hot and cold car, even dropped them numerous times. I have never had one crack or leak as long as I kept the seal tight.

The top clicks onto the drinking spout with some satisfaction and lets you know you that it's actually closed.

I love the multitude of color options and the ease of use.

Absolutely recommend this item for it's intended purchase.