Your Garage Luxury Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Limited time offer Wickedly Prime Handmade Mother's Day Gifts hgg17 Shop Popular Services DrWho DrWho DrWho  Introducing Echo Look Starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis Nintendo Switch National Bike Month on Amazon disgotg_gno_17

Showing 1-10 of 283 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 297 reviews
on March 16, 2017
I bought this to keep the battery charged on my Yamaha snowmobile during the off season. The sled sits in an enclosed trailer, which is parked in the middle of my back field for the off season. I mounted the solar panel on the front top of the trailer and ran the cable in through the front access door and connected the alligator clips. I made sure the battery was fully charged before I connected the clips which I know if important. Battery was completely dead when I attempted to start the sled this fall. I ended up having to fully charge the battery with a normal charger. If the trailer would have been stored under a canopy of trees I could maybe understand but the trailer was literally sitting in the middle of a field in full sun. Not really impressed.
on April 25, 2017
There are many of these on the market. I don't recall if this is the one, but some manufacturers have the polarity reversed. Not a too big of a problem if you notice it early and switch the cables around.
on February 19, 2016
This doesn't perform as described. I live in the Portland, Oregon area and at this time of year it's mostly cloudy. According to the product description this trickle charger works even when overcast. It doesnt. No other way to say it. First problem is that the polarity is the reverse of normal and if you are using a pre-existing 2-pin flat plug you'll never know it. Second problem if that is you're not getting sunshine on a weekly basis, this will not keep your battery topped off. I used a voltmeter to measure output and there was no measurable output on an overcast day! BUT, my solar powered hula girl was going to town!
on January 21, 2011
This unit is a must for any vehicle that sits for an extended period of time. As long as the battery has a full charge this will maintain the battery and it will keep the charge topped off. Over the winter my bike sits for long periods and with solar maintainer the battery fires the bike up every time. A weather proof unit is what I needed since it is mounted outside of my garage. It also has a 15' extension for it. Beware that the positive and negative terminals are reversed on this unit as compared to most other battery chargers and maintainers so you will have to pay attention to that if you are swapping cables or you are integrating it will another charging device.
55 comments| 50 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 10, 2011
I have a 1978 BMW R100S. As you know, it's hard to keep the batteries charged on these old bikes unless you ride them daily. Unfortunately, I don't get to ride it as often as I'd like and where I park it, I have no access to an electrical, so I can't use a normal trickle charger/battery maintainer. In the past, I had to disconnect the battery and bring it inside to use the charger I had. This saves me all that effort and time. Installation is easy, it's just two clips. I've had this for months and my bike starts up on the first try every time. It seems to be fairly weather resistant also. I live in SoCal, so I don't have to worry about heavy rain or snow, but this has been outside for months and has been rained on a couple times and still works great.
on April 11, 2017
I had this on my bike for months over the winter. I had checked the output voltage - 20V. Bike battery is now dead. Checked it again and 20V but no detectable amps. Was expecting 0.05amp. Nothing.
on March 6, 2017
ok
on July 25, 2016
GOOD
on March 10, 2017
as advertised works well for me
on July 4, 2012
My boat sometimes sits on the lift for weeks without going out. Many times when I was ready to go out the battery would be low. It seemed like my battery life was a lot less than when I used the boat a lot. Since I hooked-up the Sunforce 1-Watt charger to it the battery is always ready to go. With the quick connect/disconnect wire harness I have the charger mounted to the boat lift and fastened to the battery. Just disconnect and go. One drawback I found was that the ring terminal harness was too small to fit over my battery terminals. I broke one trying to drill it out to make it larger. I went to the hardware store and bought some larger ring terminals that could be crimped on. It now fits and works great.