Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Lights of America 1147 150 Watt Sunlight Desk Lamp
Amazon Vehicles Back to School Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Britney Spears Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

on June 9, 2010
Ok, so I'm a college student and I needed a lamp for a desk that was not well lit. I was also looking for full spectrum lamps which are my favorite since the light mirrors natural light. I first bought the Norm@nde Full spectrum lamp thinking it was such a great deal for such a low price. The Norm@nde lamp was crap, after reading the reviews left on the product I thought they might have just got the defected ones and I might not be so unlucky. but the product was merely crap, the crane was loose and broken at the bottom where the crane joins the base. The material felt cheap and like it would snap with little force. So I sent it back to amazon for a refund and bought this lamp instead. BEST choice I've made. the on/off switch is touch sensitive and VERY responsive. the base is VERy solid and stable. the crane reaches far and the joins near the lamp could be turned to. So basically anywhere you put the lamp you can choose to illuminate any specific area. The light is really bright so it doesn't cause any eye strains after reading for 6+ hrs. basically if your looking for a full spectrum lamp and you don't want to pay the overly exaggerated prices that some companies place on their products, this is it. it has everything and its rock solid.
1111 comments| 690 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 12, 2011
Gotta love full spectrum lights. This light is stylish and very bright but not blindingly so.

The bads:
- Can not be pointed at the ceiling / has limited direction on where the light can shine.
In their defense, this is listed as a desk lamp- but I was hoping to shine it upwards when I wasn't in need of the extra light on my desk.
- Breakable plastic on parts that rotate and move the direction of the lamp. I haven't broken anything, but I seem like I have to be careful on not turning something the wrong way or else it'll snap off.

The goods:
- Very solid base, easy to install. After it arrived all you need to do is remove the packaging and screw on a single screw (that is provided with the lamp) connecting the base to the rest of the lamp.
- Despite many reviewers, the touch on/off is nicely sensitive. I don't see how anyone could have a problem with this. It's circular metal piece and it simply turns on/off when you touch it. Works flawless in my opinion and is easier to work with then pushing a pin or twisting a button.
- The light it emits is very nice and the bulb doesn't get very hot either. After it being on for hours I'm able to touch the bulb without burning myself (unlike 60wat reg. bulbs)
- Quite stylish. This was not a reason for me buying it but I found it looks very nice sitting on my desk.

----
Overall I think you'll enjoy having this lamp. I know I don't have any regrets buying it and I hope to keep it for a long while to come.
33 comments| 285 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 7, 2010
The desk lamp does what it says. I use it daily @ work since I am stuck in a cubicle with no windows and florescent lights. The light is not harsh or distracting. I would buy it again and would tell my family and friends to purchase the lamp.
99 comments| 223 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 21, 2012
This could be a great light, but, like somebody else's experience, the touch switch fails after a short while. Now, the switch doesn't work at all, rendering the lamp useless.

2/1/2013 - As a follow-up, I called the manufacturer as the lamp was still under warantee. I mailed it back to them, and they replaced it promptly with a new unit. So far, so good.
66 comments| 96 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 18, 2012
I originally bought this lamp to do tapestry work. It was excellent for that. Then I became so happy with the quality of the light that I just used it whenever I needed to read. It lasted for over ten years (with only one bulb replacement needed) when the neck broke (probably a combination of over-twisting and aged plastic). I think this is a good long time given how often I manipulated the position and fiddled around readjusting the direction. The neck extends well over the base which is wonderful for any kind of close work. A good lamp.
on October 29, 2012
I bought two for my office, and BOTH of them don't work. They have a "touch" switch that worked the first one or two times out of the box, but then don't work at all (I tried different outlets and other stuff to see if there was a way to get them to work). Silly to overcomplicate a desk lamp - a simple mechanical toggle switch would be much better and less prone to failure. Anyway, given that I bought 2, and they both have the same problem, I would steer clear of these lamps - they probably got a very cheap lot from the manufacturer trying to dump a defective product.
99 comments| 87 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 22, 2011
While I like the looks and light output of this lamp, the touch switch is terrible. Within a week the switch was not functioning properly. It can take up to a few minutes of touching, rubbing, fondling before it would finally work to either turn on or turn off. Unless you leave this lamp on all the time, or control it by a wall switch do not bother to purchase it.
33 comments| 85 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 19, 2011
As some other reviewers have noted this bulb puts out nice, natural light. It took some getting used to at first since it seemed a touch on the colder side of the temperature scale. The touch switch is very sensitive and was my favorite part of the unit.

The lamp itself is quite ugly; A black, slimmer body would have done worlds for its aesthetic presentation, but, it's only a lamp, and it sits behind my monitors so I wasn't looking at it anyway.

Something else which irked me a bit was the time it took to ship. It was the absolute last day before amazon automatically canceled the order (30 days to ship). I emailed GreenSolutions a few days before the due date for shipping and requested the order be canceled. They within a day that they had shipped the order. That pissed me off pretty good, but I thought, "f-it, I'll try it out". A week later I had it, for a total waiting period of 5 weeks from the time the order was placed. Usually I wouldn't include any comment about shipment, however, GreenSolutions were the handlers, so I feel it's appropriate in this case.

I set it up and have been using it ever since (about a month and a half) until today, when it died. I'm not talking just the bulb, here; I tried a new bulb and a new outlet and the thing's dead. I had run this lamp through my battery backup system which only carries about a 25-30% load, so there wasn't any sort of power spike or blackout that hit this lamp.

GreenSolutions' weak 7-day return policy ensures I will not be provided a replacement, nor will I be doing business with them again in the future. Going forward, I will be returning to a lighting setup of two desk clamp swing-arm lamps which accept regular ol' energy efficient bulbs.

Finally, It would seem that my experience was one of the few exceptions to the norm in terms of customer satisfaction, so I am not admonishing patronage of this company in any way. I do, however feel my two cents were worth chipping into the pot. Best of luck.
44 comments| 100 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 20, 2011
This lamp is FANTASTIC! I've tried numerous types of sun lights, in search of a quality light source, this Sunlight Lamp win's hands down! I also love the flexability of it, reaches angles I normally can't get light to.

About the sensitive off/on button, I LOVE it! I just barely tap it, it turns immediately off/on! For those of you who're having trouble with it, here's a little trick, that may help you. It sure helps me with any type of sensitive "Touch" items (MP3, Ipad, GPS, etc). Any touch type item works thru the electric current in your fingers. If your hands are *dry*, rub hand lotion on into hands/fingers. It works like a charm! A Sanyo rep once told me this little tip.

I also use this light for taking indoor pictures, with my digital camera. Pictures always turn out best, when using natural sunlight, no flash. The pictures turn out *great* with this lamp! A lot better than other sun lamps, I've tried.

Also, I can't go into the sun outdoor's, due to Melanoma skin Cancer. It affect's my mood horribly, not being in fresh sunshine So, I'm getting a dose of fresh sunshine too! So, I'm getting several different benefits with my *Magic Lamp*! I'm going to order several more!
on January 14, 2012
I got a crappy lamp. I put it together and it was not right; since I am a bit handy-(wo)man challenged I tried everything, and then got someone else to try everything--to no avail. The top of the light faces outwardly, not down, and there's no way to change it. The side screw moved it up and down, but it would still only point outwardly. Quality control would have nipped this--right off the assembly line! SAVE YOUR MONEY and get another lamp!!!