Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
2 Year Sporting Goods Protection Planfrom Asurion, LLC
- No deductibles or added costs. Parts, labor and shipping included.
- Plan begins on date of purchase and covers mechanical/electrical breakdowns not covered by the manufacturer.
- File a claim online or by phone 24/7.
- If we can't repair it, we'll replace it or reimburse the purchase price with an Amazon e-gift card.
- Plans are only valid for new or certified refurbished products purchased in the last 30 days with no pre-existing damage. Protection plan documents will be delivered via email within 24 hours of purchase.
Sunny Health & Fitness SF-RW5515 Magnetic Rowing Machine Rower w/LCD Monitor
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- DIGITAL MONITOR - The large LCD console displays time, count, calories, total count, scan. The convenient scan mode displays your progress to assist you in tracking all your fitness goals
- EXTRA LONG SLIDE RAIL - At 48 inches in slide rail length and 44 inches in inseam length, the SF-RW5515 can accommodate rowers of nearly any size.
- ADJUSTABLE MAGNETIC RESISTANCE - With a simple twist, you can increase or decrease the 8 levels of magnetic resistance, so your workout can remain challenging and effective throughout your fitness journey.
- TRANSPORTATION WHEELS - Built in transportation wheels for easy portability. Simply tilt and roll out for use or away for storage, no need for heavy lifting or muscle strain. Folded Dimensions: 37L X 19W X 53. 5H inches
- NON-SLIP FOOT PEDALS - Textured non-slip foot pedals will ensure safe footing during the most demanding and vigorous workouts! Foot straps keep your feet saddled in so you can focus on the workout without feeling unbalanced
- FOAM GRIP HANDLEBARS - Help prevent calluses with the improved Sunny Health & Fitness Handle Bars. Non-Slip foam grip handlebars offer comfort while enduring those long rides
More items to explore
Save or upgrade with a similar rowing machine
Customers who bought this item also bought
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question may be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who purchased this item, who are all part of the Amazon community.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
From the manufacturer
SF-RW5515 Magnetic Rowing Machine
About Sunny Health and Fitness
For over 18 years, Sunny Health and Fitness has helped our customers achieve their unique fitness goals.
We take great pride in being a premier distributor of high-quality health and fitness products carrying only the finest exercise equipment to ensure efficiency while you work out.
Sunny Health and Fitness' commitment to your fitness success keeps us motivated to continue to provide products that help you become better.
Sunny Health & Fitness SF-RW5515 Magnetic Rowing Machine
By Sunny Health and Fitness
Row into shape with the top of the line Sunny Health & Fitness SF-RW5515 Magnetic Rowing Machine! With a newly improved smoother and quieter magnetic tension system with 8 levels of adjustable tension, convenient large LCD console, fully padded seat, larger anti-slip foot pedals and built-on transportation wheels, the Sunny Health & Fitness SF-RW5515 Magnetic Rowing Machine is designed for convenience while also providing the challenging feel of an outdoor rowing.
- Magnetic tension system; 8 Levels of adjustable resistance
- LCD console displays Time, Count, Calories, Total Count, Scan
- Non-slip grip handlebars and Fully padded seat for comfort
- Provides low impact aerobic and cardiovascular exercise; Large anti-slip foot pedals
- Built-in transportation wheels
- Full body exercise targets all major muscle groups, Maximum user weight: 250 Lbs
- Assembled Dims: 82L x 19W x 23 H in; Folded Dims: 37L x 19W x 53.5H in
Sunny Health and Fitness SF-RW5515 Magnetic Rowing Machine
Tracking your progress on the Sunny Health & Fitness SF-RW5515 Magnetic Rowing machine is simple with the Digital Monitor screen! Displays: Time, Count, Calorie, Total Count or Scan through each metric.
8 Level Magnetic Resistance
Switch up the intensity of your workouts with the convenient tension knob. With a simple twist, you can adjust resistance so your rowing machine workout can remain challenging and effective throughout your fitness journey.
Non-Slip Foot Pedals
Featuring large, textured pedals with safety straps. Providing users with a non-slip surface and the security of high-quality straps, your feet remain in place throughout your rowing routine!
The cushioned seat gives users a comfortable rowing experience. Don't let discomfort stand in the way of reaching your wellness goals! Workout longer and get stronger.
Save space when the rowing machine is not in use by folding the steel rail upright. Perfect for storage in tight areas.
Slip resistant handlebars with soft padded foam grip provide comfort and support to help you maintain performance throughout your workout.
To prevent tipping, rocking and swaying on uneven surfaces for carpets and hardwood floors alike. Simply turn until level.
Simply tilt and roll out for use or away for storage, no need for heavy lifting or muscle strain. The wheels at the front of the unit allow the user to move their rower around with ease.
|Sunny Health & Fitness SF-RW5515 Magnetic Rowing Machine||Elastic Cord Rowing Machine by Sunny Health & Fitness - SF-RW5606||Rowing Machine by Sunny Health & Fitness - SF-RW1205||Sunny Health & Fitness SF-RW5623 Air Magnetic Rower|
|Tension||Magnetic||Elastic Cord||Hydraulic Cylinder||Magnetic|
|Additional Resistance||-||-||-||Air \ Fan|
|Levels of Resistance||8 Levels||4 Levels||12 Levels||8 Levels|
|Max User Weight||250 lb||220 lb||220 lb||300 lb|
|Product Dimensions||82L x 19W x 23H in||68L x 14W x 21H in||54L x 20W x 23H in||68L x 25W x 30.5H in|
Compare with similar items
Row into shape with the top of the line Sunny Health & Fitness SF-RW5515 magnetic rowing machine! this Rower offers all of the necessities for an intense yet enjoyable rowing workout in the comfort of your own home. With a newly improved smoother and quieter magnetic tension system with 8 levels of adjustable tension, convenient large LCD console, fully padded seat, larger anti-slip foot pedals and built-on transportation wheels, the Sunny Health & Fitness SF-RW5515 magnetic rowing machine is designed for convenience while also providing the challenging feel of an outdoor rowing. The quality of its heavy duty steel mainframe is built to withstand time and go the distance with users of all sizes and levels!
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
can be shipped to Alaska
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
The con: We became too good and destroyed the machine. There is a spring inside that controls the drive of the nylon cord back, and this spring snapped after 5 months of frequent use. We took the whole machine apart. It is already out of warranty.
This is something to try for first time rowing, but it did not last. On a side note, about 2 months in the rower made a grinding noise for the first 10 minutes of rowing every day. Perhaps this was the spring on it's path towards death.
Well, now we are rowing again! My spouse contacted the company and showed the below pictures. They shipped out a completely new machine without charge.
Interestingly enough, on the new machine one of the foot pedals was broken, which we replaced from the old machine that had not been sent to the curb yet. Then the screen stopped working, and we took it out and replaced this with the screen from the old machine. HOWEVER, we did find that the screen on the new machine was not broken, the batteries had just come out in transit.
So there you go: overall, for the cost of two machines this is a great deal, and I will raise my review from 2 to 4 stars. For the price, I believe a requisite was that some of the parts are more budget that a higher end machine. However, to replace it when it was out of warranty for the part was clearly good service on the side of Sunny.
1. incredibly quiet. The actual rowing bit doesn't make any noise at all. What does make noise is the seat as it goes back and forth. The noise level is minimal and would be perfect for a living situation where rabble rousers would be discouraged.
2. the footprint of the machine is minimal. When the seat bit is folded up, it barely takes up any space. I leave mine unfolded because I have the space for it, but if you wanted to keep it's square footage to a minimum, this would certainly beat out the floor space of an elliptical (snooze-machine) or a treadmill.
3. you get a serious workout. Like serious. After 10 minutes of moderate effort on level 2, I was pleasantly moist. I have since been banned by my family for using the word moist. Anything above level 3 or 4 is good effort. Above 4 and you could probably carry on a conversation, but you wouldn't want to.
4. my darling husband put this together for me. I can't speak to the ease of which it was performed, but he said it was fairly straight forward and took him less than 30 minutes.
5. Cost...you can't beat this price. The quality of the machine for the price is pretty amazing.
1. there's no way to track how many meters you've rowed. It tracks strokes, time, and calories. If I had a choice, I would have nixed the calories and added in distance to the monitor.
2. Speaking of the monitor, it's quite tiny and hard to see without my glasses on.
3. It doesn't have a virtual 3D glasses option. This machine would be perfect if it came with a virtual reality system that put me on the river in Oxford while rowing to my little hearts content in the middle of New Jersey.
I'm a 54 yo 5'6" woman with a BMI of 27.4: I'm fairly muscular but need to lose a minimum of 16 pounds to reach a healthy BMI of 24.9..Ideally, I'd like to lose 30+ pounds. I am an RN and am on my feet most of the day. I chose the rowing machine because: (1) rowing is said to use a greater number of muscle groups and burn more calories than ellipticals or treadmills, (2) rowing is very low impact, (3) this machine has a pretty small foot print and stores relatively easily, (4) the price was right.
WHAT TO EXPECT ON DELIVERY:
ARRIVAL was 2 days after ordering. The total weight in the box is 67.2 pounds: Out of the box, 57.3 pounds. It arrived without any damage to the packaging or the unit. The packing was excellent. There are 7 parts: (1) The main front mechanical drum(main frame) is all in one with the pullbar/strap and timer/counter already in place, (2) slide rail, (3) seat, (4&5) front and back stablizers, (6&7) right and left foot rests....AND 2 packages of bolts/washers/knobs/and tools with an instruction booklet.
ASSEMBLY was pretty straight forward. The connectors and tools were all present and all fit in their assigned holes. The instruction manual is step by step and easy to understand. The unit is a bit bulky and my 14 y/o daughter's assistance was a blessing. It took about an hour to unpackage, read, and assemble, but a second one would take about 20 minutes door to completion.
There are wheels on the front end so it can be tipped up and moved from room to room; however we assembled the slide rail to the main frame where it was to be used. I didn't want to scratch my floors. I'm using a rug underneath but plan to get the recommended mat to keep it from scooting (slightly) during use.
I watched a YouTube video to learn how to position myself during use. (BTW: There are actually workout videos for rowing on YouTube)
I like the seat of this unit. It is textured and has an angled back edge. I think without the two I might slide off the back.
Wear shoes or you will get blisters on your heels, and you will have more stability with them on. Any other clothing is up to you; just be comfortable.
The timer includes time, strokes, and calories burned. I'm not sure about the accuracy of the calorie counter. Everything I've seen online is about double what this unit indicates but my goal is heart rate and a balanced muscle involvement. So that doesn't matter to me.
COMFORT and EASE of USE:
The machine is very comfortable. I have to adjust my stance at times to avoid knee discomfort but overall I am satisfied with ease of use and comfort.
LEVEL of WORKOUT:
I have used this machine twice for 35 minutes each time using the level 3 out of 8 intensity setting, I have been able to achieve a moderate to vigorous cardiovascular target heart rate. I can feel very mild stiffness the majority of my major muscle groups (legs, glutes, abs, lats and back, deltoids, biceps, and triceps). I'm not sore by any means but it is nice to feel something. I imagine that in time my coordination will improve, I will need to increase the intensity and speed of motion very soon, and I will get a better and more intense CV and muscular workout.
I think this is a safe and simple and inexpensive way to get a decent CV workout and to improve overall strength and flexibility. Stretching before and after is recommended. It isn't going to get me ready for competition but in just a couple of days I feel more balanced, coordinated, and energized. I recommend this unit for beginners and anyone who wants to keep moving, burn calories, and stay flexible. I'll let you know how it works out over time.
I gave a 4 star rating. Minus one star because avid crew team members could not maintain competition performance on this machine. However, for the rest of the world, it is easy to order, easy to pay for, easy to assemble and store, easy to use, and provides decent CV workout for the average person.
Top international reviews
I'm giving it 5 Amazon stars because at the price, it's an excellent rowing machine. There are small annoyances and improvements that could be made, but this is a Caddy not a Bentley. I've used air machines (the one's with the big fan wheel) and piston driven machines. I get as good a workout on this as I did on an air machine, though the air machine had many more bells and whistles. The air machine I used was much noisier than this SH&F machine. This is waaaaaay smoother than the cheap piston resistance machines. I've had two of those over the years. Both leaked oil (eventually), were noisy, lacked smooth action, and took up too much space. I'm glad I spent a bit more money to get this quiet, well-built beauty.
Here's how I would rate the machine's components.
1) Assembly: 5/5. Easy to assemble.
2) Resistance: 5/5. Resistance is excellent. Easy if you want. Hard if you want. I wouldn't want a higher setting. My form suffers at 6, 7 and 8 so I don't stay up there for very long.
3) Smoothness of rowing action: 4/5. Fairly smooth and quiet. 4/5 because it's not whisper quiet and makes an unwinding sound that is a noisier on release, but certainly not loud.
4) Seat and rail slide: 5/5: Seat is comfortable for me. Good support and doesn't hurt. Smooth sliding action that is fairly quiet. It is not "loud" but you definitely hear it. I like it as it helps me find a rhythm.
5) Foot rests and straps: 4/5. Work well. Easy to place your feet. Straps easy to put on and take off. Snug fit. Adjustable enough. Giving straps a 4 because the strap nylon webbing seems a little whimpy (could be better or thicker material). They can twist a bit when you are snugging the straps. This is a minor annoyance that is remedied by pulling the strap slowly and straight through the metal buckle, being careful when you snug the strap.
6) Monitor: 2.5/5. The LCD monitor is not back lit so I find the numbers hard to read. They could have positioned the monitor higher on the machine so the rower is looking straight at it not down. Doesn't give you distance or stroke rate, but at the price I can live with it. Gives time, total stroke count, session stroke count, calories burned. The addition of distance, 500 meter split times, and stroke rate would be beneficial as it makes it easier to gauge progress.
7) Storage and wheels: 3.5/5. The position of the wheels for moving the system seems wrong. Hard to describe but it doesn't roll easily, especially on carpet (the room I use it in has a low, tight pile carpet) and is awkward to move the machine upon. Hard flooring would make it easier but still not easy. Machine folds easily, but once folded, the wheels become useless. You have to move it to where you want, find the exact position, then fold it up. Once folded, it's hard to move. Footprint when folded is not bad. I place my machine against a wall. Folded, the footprint size is 37"L x 18"W (the main part of the machine, front and back feet). Height of the rail when folded is about 53".
Yo hago rutinas de 30 minutos, y al finalizar siento que verdaderamente trabajé una gran parte de mis músculos, más notablemente los glúteos y los de la espalda. Sin embargo, también trabajas biceps y otros músculos. Sirve perfectamente para hacer cardio. Eso sí, terminarás todo sudado, por lo que es recomendable usar ropa especial para ejercicio para que no se te pegue la playera al cuerpo debido a lo mojada que estará la playera.
En cuanto al aparato que despliega información, yo lo utilizo con el cronómetro y el contador de remos. Ambos son muy exactos. Funcionan con batería, pero ya trae una incluida.
Una cuestión a notar es que aunque sí se puede doblar para almacenar, no es tan fácil hacerlo, por lo que preferí tenerla pegada a un lado del cuarto. Sin embargo, si tienes la paciencia para estar doblándola, podrás guardarla para que no estorbe. Llevo dos meses utilizando la máquina de remo, y el asiento ha empezado a rayar un poco el riel de la máquina, pero nada grave.
You can tell by the materials and finishes that it's not a professional gym unit, but for the price nobody's going to expect any different. My main complaint, and reason for the star demerit is the digital control panel. It's extremely basic and not very helpful, except to time your workout (which you can do with a watch, anyways) and give you a count of the repetitions or rows. The calorie counter is not even worth checking...it is inaccurate and it does not even consider the level of resistance that you've set (8 in total).
Overall, it's a good, basic machine to give you a nice workout. Time will tell how it fares down the road. I'll update my review periodically.
Update (Feb 5, 2019): One year on and the rower is still in good shape. We are only using it about three time per week (about 30 minutes per session) , as we use an elliptical and a static bike as well for cardio. The machine has not developed any significant issues. It's not noisier than at the beginning and the sliding track is OK, other than the scratches from wear and tear. I have only changed the batteries of the screen function display twice, so I guess that's the one advantage of it being so simplified.
I have never used, nevermind owned a rowing machine before but it was about all I could think of to get a good cardio workout in without the use of my toes since most weight is put into the heels.
I got home from my night shift last night, and wasn't expecting it to be here until today. I was SO excited when I opened the door to my porch and there it was!!
I excitedly lugged the big box up to my second floor where I have cleared out a spare bedroom to turn into my home gym. The box is not light, just a warning for others. Lol. But maybe my excitement and adrenaline helped me get it up there.
I put it together by myself, the instructions are very clear and easy to follow, took me about half an hour.
This morning I used it for the first time and wow. I missed that aerobic workout feeling!!
It is SO quiet, smooth operating and I just absolutely love it!! Was a great workout and if I didn't have to get ready for work I would have rowed away for hours I am sure. But after 35 minutes at the #2 resistance setting, I had worked up a decent enough sweat and felt really good.
I am going to definitely be using this for a long time even after my toes are healed and I can finally run again.
EDIT - I've been using this daily all week now. After getting proper form into muscle memory now I can actually go for more of a workout rather than concentrating on form.
This morning I did a 5:00 warmup at 3'rd setting and then 35:00 at the 6'th setting followed by another 5:00 at 2'nd for a cooldown.
THAT was an ultimately AWESOME workout. My heart rate was in peak zone for 16 minutes straight, I was pouring sweat and my legs and arms were jello after. Yes. I love this thing. If and when it does break down I will definitely buy another!!
There seemed to be little to no resistance, so I dialed up the resistance knob with little change. Then after a few more rows, there was resistance all of a sudden, then it seemed like something slipped and the resistance was gone.
I emailed the company with no response.
I would recommend not buying this product, as it seems better to spend a little more money to get a product that works.
It was easy to assemble, does not take up excessive space, offers an adequate resistance spectrum, quieter than I expected.
I like the 'scan' feature on the monitor display...however would have elevated this to 5 stars if the display had some illumination happening.... it is quite difficult to read especially with light reflecting off of screen.
I have had this product for about a month...use it every other day...so far has performed as advertised.
I opened it up and it seems the noise is coming from the wheel that coils the pull cord- a part that can not easily be fixed or removed.
I rate this device 2 as it is not a complete rip off, since it still actually works. But I am not sure how long I can put up with the racket it makes. I will most likely end having top pay someone to take it away. This is only after 8 or 9 months.
After less than a months use, the cable nylon started fraying...I have contacted the manufacture will see what they do. This is unacceptable for the little use that it has been put through. Will update this review after this problem has been resolved. No-one got back to me in time, and I was running out of time with Amazon return - so I started a return. I will not buy this product again. The cable freyed even further and now it doesn't pull back inside.
Perhaps my model was defective, but I guess you get what you pay for :( I did enjoy it the little that I was able to use it!
PROS: good price, easy to assemble and store, very quiet!
CONS: The max difficulty tension setting is of moderate difficulty compared to other bikes, so lacking an intense ability to sweat here. The interface sucks, you get a screen that rotates between time, count, total count and calories. First it is hard to see, second it should have distance rowed in KM or mile and third the calorie feedback seems total off to me. Last work out I did 35 min on max tension and it said little over 100 cal! Very minimal interface, little to no customization. I don't like the velcro set up on the pedals it should be a metal buckle, bit of a flimsy fit.
End of story after using for over a year I wished I hard splurged an additional $200 to get more of the interface bells and whistles and a machine that was going to challenge me, this is really a model for first time rowers. Male 32, moderate fitness.