2 Year Sporting Goods Protection Planfrom Asurion, LLC
- NO ADDITIONAL COST: You pay $0 for repairs – parts, labor and shipping included.
- COVERAGE: Plan starts on the date of purchase. Drops, spills and cracked screens due to normal use covered for portable products and power surges covered from day one. Malfunctions covered after the manufacturer's warranty.
- PRODUCT ELIGIBILITY: Plans cover products purchased in the last 30 days.
- EASY CLAIMS PROCESS: File a claim anytime online or by phone. Most claims approved within minutes. If we can’t repair it, we’ll send you an Amazon e-gift card for the purchase price of your covered product or replace it.
Sunny Health & Fitness Magnetic Rowing Machine Rower w/ LCD Monitor
|Brand||Sunny Health & Fitness|
|Item Dimensions LxWxH||82 x 19 x 23 inches|
|Item Weight||59 Pounds|
About this item
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- DIGITAL MONITOR - The large LCD console displays time, count, calories, total count, scan. The convenient scan mode displays your progress to assist you in tracking all your fitness goals
- EXTRA LONG SLIDE RAIL - At 48 inches in slide rail length and 44 inches in inseam length, the SF-RW5515 can accommodate rowers of nearly any size
- ADJUSTABLE MAGNETIC RESISTANCE - With a simple twist, you can increase or decrease the 8 levels of magnetic resistance, so your workout can remain challenging and effective throughout your fitness journey
- TRANSPORTATION WHEELS - Built in transportation wheels for easy portability. Simply tilt and roll out for use or away for storage, no need for heavy lifting or muscle strain. Folded Dimensions: 37L X 19W X 53. 5H inches
- NON-SLIP FOOT PEDALS - Textured non-slip foot pedals will ensure safe footing during the most demanding and vigorous workouts! Foot straps keep your feet saddled in so you can focus on the workout without feeling unbalanced
Frequently bought together
Save or upgrade with a similar rowing machine
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question might be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who bought this product.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
Row into shape with the top of the line Sunny Health & Fitness SF-RW5515 Magnetic Rowing Machine! This Rower offers all of the necessities for an intense yet enjoyable rowing workout in the comfort of your own home. With a newly improved smoother and quieter magnetic tension system with 8 levels of adjustable tension, convenient large LCD console, fully padded seat, larger anti-slip foot pedals and built-in transportation wheels, the Sunny Health & Fitness SF-RW5515 Magnetic Rowing Machine is designed for convenience while also providing the challenging feel of outdoor rowing. The quality of its heavy-duty steel mainframe is built to withstand time and go the distance with users of all sizes and levels.
User Manual [PDF ]Data Sheet [PDF ]
- Is Discontinued By Manufacturer : No
- Language: : German
- Product Dimensions : 82 x 19 x 23 inches; 59 Pounds
- Item model number : SF-RW5515
- Department : Unisex-adult
- Batteries : 2 AAA batteries required. (included)
- Date First Available : November 2, 2015
- Manufacturer : Sunny Health & Fitness
- ASIN : B017HSNIEW
Best Sellers Rank:
#375 in Sports & Outdoors (See Top 100 in Sports & Outdoors)
- #1 in Rowing Machines
- Customer Reviews:
can be shipped to Alaska
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
The con: We became too good and destroyed the machine. There is a spring inside that controls the drive of the nylon cord back, and this spring snapped after 5 months of frequent use. We took the whole machine apart. It is already out of warranty.
This is something to try for first time rowing, but it did not last. On a side note, about 2 months in the rower made a grinding noise for the first 10 minutes of rowing every day. Perhaps this was the spring on it's path towards death.
Well, now we are rowing again! My spouse contacted the company and showed the below pictures. They shipped out a completely new machine without charge.
Interestingly enough, on the new machine one of the foot pedals was broken, which we replaced from the old machine that had not been sent to the curb yet. Then the screen stopped working, and we took it out and replaced this with the screen from the old machine. HOWEVER, we did find that the screen on the new machine was not broken, the batteries had just come out in transit.
So there you go: overall, for the cost of two machines this is a great deal, and I will raise my review from 2 to 4 stars. For the price, I believe a requisite was that some of the parts are more budget that a higher end machine. However, to replace it when it was out of warranty for the part was clearly good service on the side of Sunny.
I'm a 54 yo 5'6" woman with a BMI of 27.4: I'm fairly muscular but need to lose a minimum of 16 pounds to reach a healthy BMI of 24.9..Ideally, I'd like to lose 30+ pounds. I am an RN and am on my feet most of the day. I chose the rowing machine because: (1) rowing is said to use a greater number of muscle groups and burn more calories than ellipticals or treadmills, (2) rowing is very low impact, (3) this machine has a pretty small foot print and stores relatively easily, (4) the price was right.
WHAT TO EXPECT ON DELIVERY:
ARRIVAL was 2 days after ordering. The total weight in the box is 67.2 pounds: Out of the box, 57.3 pounds. It arrived without any damage to the packaging or the unit. The packing was excellent. There are 7 parts: (1) The main front mechanical drum(main frame) is all in one with the pullbar/strap and timer/counter already in place, (2) slide rail, (3) seat, (4&5) front and back stablizers, (6&7) right and left foot rests....AND 2 packages of bolts/washers/knobs/and tools with an instruction booklet.
ASSEMBLY was pretty straight forward. The connectors and tools were all present and all fit in their assigned holes. The instruction manual is step by step and easy to understand. The unit is a bit bulky and my 14 y/o daughter's assistance was a blessing. It took about an hour to unpackage, read, and assemble, but a second one would take about 20 minutes door to completion.
There are wheels on the front end so it can be tipped up and moved from room to room; however we assembled the slide rail to the main frame where it was to be used. I didn't want to scratch my floors. I'm using a rug underneath but plan to get the recommended mat to keep it from scooting (slightly) during use.
I watched a YouTube video to learn how to position myself during use. (BTW: There are actually workout videos for rowing on YouTube)
I like the seat of this unit. It is textured and has an angled back edge. I think without the two I might slide off the back.
Wear shoes or you will get blisters on your heels, and you will have more stability with them on. Any other clothing is up to you; just be comfortable.
The timer includes time, strokes, and calories burned. I'm not sure about the accuracy of the calorie counter. Everything I've seen online is about double what this unit indicates but my goal is heart rate and a balanced muscle involvement. So that doesn't matter to me.
COMFORT and EASE of USE:
The machine is very comfortable. I have to adjust my stance at times to avoid knee discomfort but overall I am satisfied with ease of use and comfort.
LEVEL of WORKOUT:
I have used this machine twice for 35 minutes each time using the level 3 out of 8 intensity setting, I have been able to achieve a moderate to vigorous cardiovascular target heart rate. I can feel very mild stiffness the majority of my major muscle groups (legs, glutes, abs, lats and back, deltoids, biceps, and triceps). I'm not sore by any means but it is nice to feel something. I imagine that in time my coordination will improve, I will need to increase the intensity and speed of motion very soon, and I will get a better and more intense CV and muscular workout.
I think this is a safe and simple and inexpensive way to get a decent CV workout and to improve overall strength and flexibility. Stretching before and after is recommended. It isn't going to get me ready for competition but in just a couple of days I feel more balanced, coordinated, and energized. I recommend this unit for beginners and anyone who wants to keep moving, burn calories, and stay flexible. I'll let you know how it works out over time.
I gave a 4 star rating. Minus one star because avid crew team members could not maintain competition performance on this machine. However, for the rest of the world, it is easy to order, easy to pay for, easy to assemble and store, easy to use, and provides decent CV workout for the average person.
1. incredibly quiet. The actual rowing bit doesn't make any noise at all. What does make noise is the seat as it goes back and forth. The noise level is minimal and would be perfect for a living situation where rabble rousers would be discouraged.
2. the footprint of the machine is minimal. When the seat bit is folded up, it barely takes up any space. I leave mine unfolded because I have the space for it, but if you wanted to keep it's square footage to a minimum, this would certainly beat out the floor space of an elliptical (snooze-machine) or a treadmill.
3. you get a serious workout. Like serious. After 10 minutes of moderate effort on level 2, I was pleasantly moist. I have since been banned by my family for using the word moist. Anything above level 3 or 4 is good effort. Above 4 and you could probably carry on a conversation, but you wouldn't want to.
4. my darling husband put this together for me. I can't speak to the ease of which it was performed, but he said it was fairly straight forward and took him less than 30 minutes.
5. Cost...you can't beat this price. The quality of the machine for the price is pretty amazing.
1. there's no way to track how many meters you've rowed. It tracks strokes, time, and calories. If I had a choice, I would have nixed the calories and added in distance to the monitor.
2. Speaking of the monitor, it's quite tiny and hard to see without my glasses on.
3. It doesn't have a virtual 3D glasses option. This machine would be perfect if it came with a virtual reality system that put me on the river in Oxford while rowing to my little hearts content in the middle of New Jersey.
Top reviews from other countries
I'm giving it 5 Amazon stars because at the price, it's an excellent rowing machine. There are small annoyances and improvements that could be made, but this is a Caddy not a Bentley. I've used air machines (the one's with the big fan wheel) and piston driven machines. I get as good a workout on this as I did on an air machine, though the air machine had many more bells and whistles. The air machine I used was much noisier than this SH&F machine. This is waaaaaay smoother than the cheap piston resistance machines. I've had two of those over the years. Both leaked oil (eventually), were noisy, lacked smooth action, and took up too much space. I'm glad I spent a bit more money to get this quiet, well-built beauty.
Here's how I would rate the machine's components.
1) Assembly: 5/5. Easy to assemble.
2) Resistance: 5/5. Resistance is excellent. Easy if you want. Hard if you want. I wouldn't want a higher setting. My form suffers at 6, 7 and 8 so I don't stay up there for very long.
3) Smoothness of rowing action: 4/5. Fairly smooth and quiet. 4/5 because it's not whisper quiet and makes an unwinding sound that is a noisier on release, but certainly not loud.
4) Seat and rail slide: 5/5: Seat is comfortable for me. Good support and doesn't hurt. Smooth sliding action that is fairly quiet. It is not "loud" but you definitely hear it. I like it as it helps me find a rhythm.
5) Foot rests and straps: 4/5. Work well. Easy to place your feet. Straps easy to put on and take off. Snug fit. Adjustable enough. Giving straps a 4 because the strap nylon webbing seems a little whimpy (could be better or thicker material). They can twist a bit when you are snugging the straps. This is a minor annoyance that is remedied by pulling the strap slowly and straight through the metal buckle, being careful when you snug the strap.
6) Monitor: 2.5/5. The LCD monitor is not back lit so I find the numbers hard to read. They could have positioned the monitor higher on the machine so the rower is looking straight at it not down. Doesn't give you distance or stroke rate, but at the price I can live with it. Gives time, total stroke count, session stroke count, calories burned. The addition of distance, 500 meter split times, and stroke rate would be beneficial as it makes it easier to gauge progress.
7) Storage and wheels: 3.5/5. The position of the wheels for moving the system seems wrong. Hard to describe but it doesn't roll easily, especially on carpet (the room I use it in has a low, tight pile carpet) and is awkward to move the machine upon. Hard flooring would make it easier but still not easy. Machine folds easily, but once folded, the wheels become useless. You have to move it to where you want, find the exact position, then fold it up. Once folded, it's hard to move. Footprint when folded is not bad. I place my machine against a wall. Folded, the footprint size is 37"L x 18"W (the main part of the machine, front and back feet). Height of the rail when folded is about 53".
Yo hago rutinas de 30 minutos, y al finalizar siento que verdaderamente trabajé una gran parte de mis músculos, más notablemente los glúteos y los de la espalda. Sin embargo, también trabajas biceps y otros músculos. Sirve perfectamente para hacer cardio. Eso sí, terminarás todo sudado, por lo que es recomendable usar ropa especial para ejercicio para que no se te pegue la playera al cuerpo debido a lo mojada que estará la playera.
En cuanto al aparato que despliega información, yo lo utilizo con el cronómetro y el contador de remos. Ambos son muy exactos. Funcionan con batería, pero ya trae una incluida.
Una cuestión a notar es que aunque sí se puede doblar para almacenar, no es tan fácil hacerlo, por lo que preferí tenerla pegada a un lado del cuarto. Sin embargo, si tienes la paciencia para estar doblándola, podrás guardarla para que no estorbe. Llevo dos meses utilizando la máquina de remo, y el asiento ha empezado a rayar un poco el riel de la máquina, pero nada grave.
You can tell by the materials and finishes that it's not a professional gym unit, but for the price nobody's going to expect any different. My main complaint, and reason for the star demerit is the digital control panel. It's extremely basic and not very helpful, except to time your workout (which you can do with a watch, anyways) and give you a count of the repetitions or rows. The calorie counter is not even worth checking...it is inaccurate and it does not even consider the level of resistance that you've set (8 in total).
Overall, it's a good, basic machine to give you a nice workout. Time will tell how it fares down the road. I'll update my review periodically.
Update (Feb 5, 2019): One year on and the rower is still in good shape. We are only using it about three time per week (about 30 minutes per session) , as we use an elliptical and a static bike as well for cardio. The machine has not developed any significant issues. It's not noisier than at the beginning and the sliding track is OK, other than the scratches from wear and tear. I have only changed the batteries of the screen function display twice, so I guess that's the one advantage of it being so simplified.