BCA Month Salon Beauty Fall Reading Hallo nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments $69.99 Handmade Gift Shop hgg17 Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Baby Driver Available to Rent Baby Driver Available to Rent Baby Driver Available to Rent  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 All-New Kindle Oasis South Park Shop Now STEMClubToys17_gno

on July 6, 2012
I was using the Stamina SpaceMate stepper regularly for six years before it became just about unusable (cracked metal, clunking sound, pieces falling off). I immediately went online to order another one and saw this Sunny Climber Stepper for around the same price (costs a bit more). I did a search and every review I read was positive, so with some reservations (I don't like change), I ordered it. The stepper arrived quickly and took about 10 minutes for my husband to put together. It's pretty much one piece; you only have to attach the handlebars and one end of the pistons to the main unit (the other ends are already attached). I put the included batteries into the counter/timer and slid it onto the top pole. Tools, bolts and washers are all included. I agree with the other reviewer who said it looks better than the SpaceMate....it looks a lot sleeker. I used it for the first time this morning and here are my impressions. It's very quiet and smooth, a definite plus. Since it's a climber stepper, the step you take is deeper which took me about five minutes to get used to. At first, I wasn't stepping deep enough, so the counter kept turning off because it wasn't registering. Once I started taking deeper steps, the counter was fine. I put it on the easiest tension (there are 12!) which I found to be harder than the easiest tension on the SpaceMate. Because the step depth is deeper and the tension harder, I was moving slower and taking less steps per minute then with the SpaceMate, but the depth and tension made it more challenging. I thought I would run out of energy sooner, but I was able to do the full 30 minutes with no problems. It got my heart rate up which is my goal. I doubt that I'll move on to more difficult tensions because at this point in my life (age 60), my interest is to exercise my heart and keep my legs strong. A younger person has 11 more tensions to conquer which makes this stepper very challenging for any age. I found that I really liked the triangular shaped handlebars because it gave me some variety as to what to do with my hands (helps with boredom). I could place each hand on the either side of the handlebars, or I could rest them together on the top. Another difference was with the foot pedals and foot placement. This stepper has a raised ridge around the edges of the pedals which keeps your foot from sliding off (a good safety feature). The SpaceMate didn't have that and I guess I used to put my feet closer to each other with that machine, but because of the raised edges on the Sunny, I found I couldn't do that. So, I had to keep my feet where they were which, I found, made me use the muscles on the outside of my upper thigh...the hip area. I like that as it will help strengthen my hips. I had no issues with knee pain; I felt the effort in my upper thigh muscles. So, in this case I will say that change is very good! I'm quite happy with this climber stepper and I'm glad I switched. Highly recommended, especially for the price. Updated to add one slight negative: I've used the stepper a few times now and still love it, however there is an issue. When you put the stepper together you attach one end of the pistons to the main unit by sliding in a metal pin which makes it very easy to assemble (as opposed to screwing in a screw). However, while I'm exercising the metal pins (especially the left one) inches out due to the vibration I guess, even though the pins have "stoppers" on them (which is a raised bump). We originally tried to solve this issue by sliding rubber washers on the ends, positioning them before the stoppers. This worked on the right pin, but not with the left....the pin still started to come out. So, I turned that pin around and now it seems to be staying in place. If that doesn't work in the long run, we have other ideas, such as placing elastic bands around the pin. In any event, this does not diminish my high review of this stepper as I'm still loving it. Update: Still going strong with the stepper. I just wanted to add one comment regarding another review that I read. The reviewer stated that the tension settings were difficult to adjust, and that the left and right settings don't necessarily match as far as resistance. For the sake of full disclosure, I will say that I have never changed the resistance on my stepper. As I stated in my original review, the first level is difficult enough for my needs and I have no reason to make it harder. So, I cannot comment as to whether there is an issue with the tension adjustments. I can tell you that the stepper is still working for me on Level 1 after seven months of use. I'd also like to reiterate that this stepper is NOT like the stamina Spacemate. With the Spacemate you take faster, more shallow steps. The Sunny is a CLIMBER stepper, so the pace is slower and the step deeper than the Spacemate. So, keep that in mind when trying to decide which stepper you want to purchase.
UPDATE: Well, it's now 2016 and I just turned 65 and I'm on Medicare and I'm still using my Sunny Climbing Stepper. Still works well. The only change is, I now use it for 20 minutes at a time instead of 30 minutes. Despite doing resistance training my entire life, I don't have the strength I used to have so I'm finding that pressing down on the pedals is harder for me than it used to be, even on the easier setting (I never changed the setting), so I find that 20 minutes gives me a good workout. No squeaks (wish I could say the same for my joints). I just make sure that all the pins are securely in place every so often. This was a great purchase for me.
1010 comments| 292 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 16, 2016
For the money, you can't beat this. Fits in a small space & allows me to get additional exercise indoors while watching TV, etc. I wanted something that I could move around easily too since I live in a very small space. This fits the bill. Easy to assemble & easy to use. I'm fairly out of shape, so I'm just getting on it for a few minutes at a time until I'm out of breath to build up my time. I can feel progress in just a few days. Great purchase.
on April 18, 2016
This is perfect for the price point. It has 12 different resistance levels, and tracks time, calories, and steps taken. It's so compact I don't even need to fold it when I'm not using it (although it's very easy to fold). This machine is exactly what I was looking for - a great cardio workout I can do every morning while watching TV. I use weights for my arms to get a well-rounded workout. If you are trying to create a workout habit and having trouble sticking to something, this is the perfect place to start!!!
on January 8, 2017
Great machine! It doesn't fold up that much, maybe 7" less than what it is, it will not fit under your bed. But it is quite compact to begin with so not a big deal. I highly recommend this little machine. You get a great workout on it, and it is very simple overall. I'm picky about ergonomics on cardio machines and this climber suits me just fine. Many elipticals I find to be a strange range of motion, but I love the workout they give. This is a great compromise for me, and it takes up very little space. I'm 5'9", 185lbs, and very fit. I also had a hip replacement a year ago and have zero issues on this stepper. Highly recommend it!
on August 30, 2017
i like the stepper is a good cardio.
If u got any problem with the stepper.dont returned.to amazon.u can get new parts on sunny health with the guarranty of the machine. I got problem with the computer..but sunny h.send me a new one really fast.and im really happy
on December 17, 2015
I ordered this to add to my workout. I truly believe this machine is responsible for a lot of the inches I have been able to shave off. I added this to my exercise bike and free weight routines. It's very challenging. Also, it doesn't take up much room at all, which is great because my equipment is in my master bedroom. Love it and looking forward to increasing my resistance and length of time to make my workouts even more challenging.
review image
on October 7, 2017
This stepper is a bargain. I tried a rower and just didn’t get a good workout from it. With this stepper I’m sweating in 15 minutes and drenched after 1/2 an hour. I also run a lot so my conditioning is pretty good. I highly recommend this stepper but go easy if you are just starting a fitness program.
on May 16, 2017
great machine, kind of heavy for a 4'10 women like me, easy to put together with tools included.
on August 8, 2016
UPON RECIEVING THE PRODUCT I WAS VERY WARY THAT THERE WOULD BE DAMAGE OR ITEMS LOST DUE TO THE PACKAGING. I RECIEVED THE PRODUCT, ONE THE FOOT PEGS WAS COMING OUT OF THE CORNER OF THE BOX AND THE STYROFOAM PROTECTION IN THE CORNER NOT THERE. UPON ASSEMBLY THERE WAS ONLY MINOR DAMAGE THAT WAS MAINLY COSEMETIC. THIS STEPPER IS PRETTY DARN AWESOME DESPITE ITS PACKAGING FLAWS. ITS EXACTLY WHAT IVE BEEN LOOKING FOR AND WORKS GREAT!! IM ABSOLUTELY PLEASED WITH THE STEPPER AND HAVE RECOMMENDED IT TO OTHERS. THE ASSEMBLY IS SUPER EASY AND IT FOLDS DOWN VERY COMPACT. I JUST WISH THE PACKAGING WAS NOT SO SCARY TO SEE WHEN IT FINALLY ARRIVED, THATS THE ONLY REASON FOR THE 4 STARS OTHERWISE PRODUCT GETS 5 STARS FROM ME.
on September 10, 2017
I love this little stair step machine. I've used it a few times a week for most of the summer and it still works like new. It's not anything fancy, just your basic exercise machine, but it does the job. It is fairly noisy with squeaking and whatnot, but I can't hear it through my headphones, so I'm not bothered by it. I do wish it folded down a little flatter. Even folded all the way down, the handle piece still takes up too much room for me to be able to fit this under my bed. Not a huge deal though.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.