Your Garage Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Book House Cleaning Landline Landline Landline  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis Nintendo Switch Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 357 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 373 reviews
on July 6, 2012
I was using the Stamina SpaceMate stepper regularly for six years before it became just about unusable (cracked metal, clunking sound, pieces falling off). I immediately went online to order another one and saw this Sunny Climber Stepper for around the same price (costs a bit more). I did a search and every review I read was positive, so with some reservations (I don't like change), I ordered it. The stepper arrived quickly and took about 10 minutes for my husband to put together. It's pretty much one piece; you only have to attach the handlebars and one end of the pistons to the main unit (the other ends are already attached). I put the included batteries into the counter/timer and slid it onto the top pole. Tools, bolts and washers are all included. I agree with the other reviewer who said it looks better than the SpaceMate....it looks a lot sleeker. I used it for the first time this morning and here are my impressions. It's very quiet and smooth, a definite plus. Since it's a climber stepper, the step you take is deeper which took me about five minutes to get used to. At first, I wasn't stepping deep enough, so the counter kept turning off because it wasn't registering. Once I started taking deeper steps, the counter was fine. I put it on the easiest tension (there are 12!) which I found to be harder than the easiest tension on the SpaceMate. Because the step depth is deeper and the tension harder, I was moving slower and taking less steps per minute then with the SpaceMate, but the depth and tension made it more challenging. I thought I would run out of energy sooner, but I was able to do the full 30 minutes with no problems. It got my heart rate up which is my goal. I doubt that I'll move on to more difficult tensions because at this point in my life (age 60), my interest is to exercise my heart and keep my legs strong. A younger person has 11 more tensions to conquer which makes this stepper very challenging for any age. I found that I really liked the triangular shaped handlebars because it gave me some variety as to what to do with my hands (helps with boredom). I could place each hand on the either side of the handlebars, or I could rest them together on the top. Another difference was with the foot pedals and foot placement. This stepper has a raised ridge around the edges of the pedals which keeps your foot from sliding off (a good safety feature). The SpaceMate didn't have that and I guess I used to put my feet closer to each other with that machine, but because of the raised edges on the Sunny, I found I couldn't do that. So, I had to keep my feet where they were which, I found, made me use the muscles on the outside of my upper thigh...the hip area. I like that as it will help strengthen my hips. I had no issues with knee pain; I felt the effort in my upper thigh muscles. So, in this case I will say that change is very good! I'm quite happy with this climber stepper and I'm glad I switched. Highly recommended, especially for the price. Updated to add one slight negative: I've used the stepper a few times now and still love it, however there is an issue. When you put the stepper together you attach one end of the pistons to the main unit by sliding in a metal pin which makes it very easy to assemble (as opposed to screwing in a screw). However, while I'm exercising the metal pins (especially the left one) inches out due to the vibration I guess, even though the pins have "stoppers" on them (which is a raised bump). We originally tried to solve this issue by sliding rubber washers on the ends, positioning them before the stoppers. This worked on the right pin, but not with the left....the pin still started to come out. So, I turned that pin around and now it seems to be staying in place. If that doesn't work in the long run, we have other ideas, such as placing elastic bands around the pin. In any event, this does not diminish my high review of this stepper as I'm still loving it. Update: Still going strong with the stepper. I just wanted to add one comment regarding another review that I read. The reviewer stated that the tension settings were difficult to adjust, and that the left and right settings don't necessarily match as far as resistance. For the sake of full disclosure, I will say that I have never changed the resistance on my stepper. As I stated in my original review, the first level is difficult enough for my needs and I have no reason to make it harder. So, I cannot comment as to whether there is an issue with the tension adjustments. I can tell you that the stepper is still working for me on Level 1 after seven months of use. I'd also like to reiterate that this stepper is NOT like the stamina Spacemate. With the Spacemate you take faster, more shallow steps. The Sunny is a CLIMBER stepper, so the pace is slower and the step deeper than the Spacemate. So, keep that in mind when trying to decide which stepper you want to purchase.
UPDATE: Well, it's now 2016 and I just turned 65 and I'm on Medicare and I'm still using my Sunny Climbing Stepper. Still works well. The only change is, I now use it for 20 minutes at a time instead of 30 minutes. Despite doing resistance training my entire life, I don't have the strength I used to have so I'm finding that pressing down on the pedals is harder for me than it used to be, even on the easier setting (I never changed the setting), so I find that 20 minutes gives me a good workout. No squeaks (wish I could say the same for my joints). I just make sure that all the pins are securely in place every so often. This was a great purchase for me.
1010 comments| 278 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 18, 2017
Okay so I've worked our my entire life. I started college this year and had NO TIME fo fit working out into my schedule and I gained so much weight. I wanted to start working out at home because I became so busy and wanted this machine but when I looked at it it was 90$ so I decided to leave it in my shopping cart or wish list( cant remember which one) and it 2 days it dropped down to 70$!!! So I obviously bought it and its AMAZING! After 5 minutes on it I'm sweating so much! You can adjust the difficultly as well! I just used it for the second time and you can feel yourself getting a workout. Seriously the best machine to get if you want to break a sweat. I weigh 170 lbs and I'm 5'5 and this machine isn't flimsy at all. Its sturdy and does a great job. I know I sound phony but im so happy i added this to my workout regime at home. I watch tv while doing it and the time goes back so quickly. So SO HAPPY
review image review image review image
on January 5, 2017
I'm 5'3 and 125 pounds, my shorter legs worked well for this machine. My husband is 5'9 and he just steps back a bit on the stepping pads so his knees doesn't bump into the bars. It is incredibly stable for its size (even on carpeted floor), I'm horrible at balancing but I don't need to grip with either my hands at a slower pace (gonna try crocheting on it, ha!). The workout would be on the lighter end of intensity although you can step faster on low resistance for a sweat. Add dumb bells or resistance bands for arms if you can balance on it.

The steps are more of an up and down motion which does not numb out my toes like the usual elliptical motion. I wear Cobian sandals for cushioning my feet -they have arch support and I can just get on and go. Silly, but I have a bunion that is not forgiving in tennis shoes. My joints have not complain yet.

It's not loud and the motion is smooth (just don't lift your foot when you lift up). I don't know how accurate the battery operated sensor/counter is since I just use this machine for "walks." As for reviewing the durability, I would say it's too soon to tell for me since I'm only on my second day. Assembly was quick and easy.

Overall, it's a fantastic deal for a compact exercise machine.
on July 27, 2016
I waited doing this review until I had plenty of experience using the stepper. I have had gym memberships and trained on a lot of different equipment. These machines are all good and they are as effective as the comittment to use them. Recently, my situation changed requiring me to stay close to home. I needed something to give me an intense workout in a short period of time. I was very skeptical ordering this machine and carefully removed it from the box to preserve the packqaging expecting to return it. To my surprise this equipment is everything I wanted and more. My first workout at level one almost leveled me. It was all I could do to work for ten minutes. After two months, I am finally at 30 minutes at level three. This thing is intense and will work you to whatever level you desire. Unbelieveable for the price.
on May 28, 2017
 Great size for small areas ~ easy enough to put together ~ mine started squeaking after a couple months I should just try tightening nuts and bolts ~ step counter can reset ~ I did not realize a step machine could agrivate low back so start out slow ~ adding extra steps each time ~ I have to skip a day or two and I do steps in sets often several times through a workout day ~ just to avoid low back pain ~ I feel exercise is good to strengthen muscles around weak herniated bulging discs, of course cautiously ~ I am happy to have this compact stair stepper and hoping it continues to strengthen my legs, back and lower abs ~
review image review image review image review image review image review image
on October 4, 2013
Im a in shape guy 6'1 200lbs I get more in 15 minutes with this thing then I do any elliptical at the gym in 45 minutes. I got it on level 9 and go at it for 15 minutes, at the end of 15 minutes I cant breath. I love this thing the only reason i went to the gym was to do cardio. My gym is a 44 minute round trip drive, not any more. Cancelled my membership and I do everything right in my front room of my house and watch tv at the same time. Free weights in the basement. Just hope this thing last, If I can get a full year out of it I will be happy.
on January 28, 2014
I have been using this stepper for over a week now almost every night. I put it in front of the TV and and before you know it,15 minutes has gone by. Gravity takes a toll on your bottom area and I wanted a "lift"! This stepper is doing the job as I already notice my butt looks lifted. The key is you have to use it! It's very quiet and the pistons are adjustable, I keep mine on 8 or 9. It's not about going fast it's about going slow and working those hind muscles with some resistance. It started making a clicking noise and I was getting irritated because I like quiet but then I realized that the pin circle was hitting the metal and I turned it and now it's noiseless again so if anyone is having that problem just check out the metal pins and make sure they are not hitting against the metal bar. I've had no problem with the pins coming out or any of the problems some people were complaining about. I have been keeping an eye on the pins and they are fine. I did put them in from the reverse side as one person suggested. I highly recommend this stepper It's well made and sturdy. I have to say that I'm not a big woman, 5'5" 128lbs. So size may make a difference.
on April 13, 2017
Love it. I have never had so much luck ...been using for 4 weeks and I have always had a flat butt..but now my butt is getting huge from this thing it takes me a little time to sweat though like 40 mins on level 10 but I'm in really good shape...ladiea If you want sexy legs and a bigger but get this thing even my daughter said mom your butt is getting nice and big...whoo hoo.
on March 20, 2017
The Climbing Stepper arrived quickly, was a piece of cake to put together (just need to connect the hydraulic arms to the "steps", connect the handle and plug a wire into the "computer") and works great. There are literally only 6 hex bolts that need to be "installed". A little bolt wrench and allen wrench comes with it. I had it together in about 10 minutes. Works very well. I tried it at "1" which had quite a bit of resistance. Will probably need to stay at that level a few times before being able to work up to the next level. Stepper looks very sturdy and well made, especially for the price.
on January 9, 2017
The price for what you get can't be beat. From opening it all I had to do was attach the handle bar, put on the computer and attach the steppers to the hydralic things and I was ready to go. Really cool tension adjustments on both hydralic things if you want a fast intense workout go all the way to one. This thing barely takes up any space, super light, study, noiseless and gets me where I want to be, huffing and puffing after a few minutes. I think the price cannot be beat, well worth the money, I'm planning on using this every day.. i dont care if i do 2 minutes, 30 minutes, I think as long as I use this thing I will see results and at least feel amazing after getting off this thing which is a feeling that no drug (at least Ive tried) can give you! I'm so glad I didnt waste my money on expensive $500-$3,000 units to get the same thing as this thing. I looked at spin bikes, but I hear that stepping burns a lot more calories at a slower speed and less time.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.