Sunnytech Low Temperature Stirling Engine Motor Steam Heat Education Model Toy Great Gift Boyfriend Girlfriend, Parents, Kids (Z1)
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- FANTASTIC SMART THING WITH EXTREMELY WELL MADE WHICH RUNS LIKE A DREAM----The stirling engine is produced with high quality material and elegant workcraft. this stirling engine adopts mirror surface stainless steel for the base, glass cylinder liner, precision bearing, bearing steel shafts, zinc alloy flywheel. All the parts have done surface treatment to avoid rusting. Oil-free, noise-free.
- OPERATION EASILY----Pour a cup of hot coffee, put the stirling on the cup, it run magically. When it slows down, the coffee temperature is suitable for drink. Enjoy physical powertrain mechanism display and coffee. It also can work on top of ice cube. Some guys put the stirling on cup of hot water and put small ice cubes on the stirling upper plate. This makes the temperature difference much bigger than normal, then it runs even more fast and crazy. Just enjoy the toy!
- LONG LASTING----It can run for 24+ hours continuous without any broken if there is continuous power supplies. One customer put the stirling on USB hot plate and the stirling runs on his desk for weeks. Don’t burn the stirling base or put it in the stove, the stirling plastic parts will damage.
- PRIORITY GIFT OPTION FOR MANY APPLICATIONS----It is an amazing and fantastic product at this price. Its elegant gift package makes it spruce up and presentable. It has a wide range of application as, great gift for Kids' science project, Physical/mechanical learning, teacher’s Demo props on the class, birthday gift for friends, families, parents, kids, etc. Many of our customers come from school, colleague, etc.
- AMAZING CONVERSATION PIECES ON YOUR DESK----It's funny to see people's looks and reactions when they squeeze a little shot for this Stirling engine. Put it on the cup which full with hot waters, give the flywheel a gently push, and get the flywheel going, and then it works like charm. All of your guests want to know what happened, ice-breaking success. What a marvelous toy!
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
CHOKING HAZARD -- Small parts. Not for children under 3 yrs.
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
It's funny to see people's looks and reactions when they squeeze a little shot for this Stirling engine.
Put it on the cup which full with hot waters, give the flywheel a gently push, and get the flywheel going, and then it works like charm.
All of your guests want to know what happened, ice-breaking success. What a marvelous toy!
To be admired and to be talked more from your friends if you have this magic stuff.
This stirling engine designed reasonable and compact. You can bring it home, school office with convenient in your bag.
Speed up to 180-200 RPM
Start temperature difference: about 20℃ Celsius/68 Fahrenheit
Material: carbon steel, nickel-plated carbon steel, stainless steel, glass, bronze, PVC foam and plastics
Size: diameter * high(Φ90*146mm) /3.54*5.74in
1* stirling engine
1* very detailed user manual
Spare parts offer available. Please contact us to get offer if need any parts replacement.
1. Only use a little graphite dry lube quiet it down nicely if there is a little noisy. You can scratch off the graphite from the pencil with a knife.
2. Prohibit to add oil to lubricate. Because the oil will mix with dust in the air to be oil-dirt. That will make the friction to be even bigger. The stirling engine can't run freely then.
Stirling engine is traditionally classified as an external combustion engine. Please refer to wikipedia for more information about What is the stirling engine and How it works?
100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEE
We're so confident that you'll agree our model is the best that we're offering a 30-Day DARE TO COMPARE Money Back Challenge!
Be sure you receive an authentic Sunnytech with our logo to ensure 1-year 100% Satisfaction Guarantee.
626 customer reviews
Review this product
Showing 1-4 of 626 reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
I will upload 2 videos, one with the engine starting up and one with a 360 degrees view of it running.
Basically you can run this engine up to 20 minutes with a cup of warm water (the engine must be cool). The bigger the temperature difference between the top and bottom plates the higher RPM you will get. This works best with a hot cup of water underneath and an ice cube in a plastic bag on the top (there is plenty of room for one ice cube on top).
I was a bit worried on a second run, the engine wouldn't start because it got warm (so bottom plate/top plate temperatures stabilized) but after i let it cool down it ran again just beautifully.
I consider replacing the screws holding the two plates on main cylinder with plastic M2 screws so the heat transfer would be greatly diminished so the engine would run even longer.
Check out the videos and images i uploaded, this little engine is a great investment for both fun and educational value.
I've tested it with under both hot and cold conditions and it runs beautifully both ways.
First, I simply put it on top of a cup of hot water. The base is pretty wide, so it's got great surface area, and it fits nicely on top of most coffee mugs.
Next, I just put it in my hand, with a couple of small ice cubes on top. The difference between the heat of my hand and the ice cubes was all it took to keep the engine running a long time.
In this video, you'll see it in action, and for the record, I didn't check to see how long it would run on the cup of hot water... but I stopped it after about 20 minutes and it was still going strong.
One caution: This gadget does nothing more than sit on a cup of hot liquid and spin. It is not suitable for people of limited curiosity. But it is a great way to get a bright child away from shoot-'em-up games and think about how the principles of science they've (hopefully) been taught about come together to make all the things we depend on every all work.
Unlike a few reviewers', my engine DID come with instructions! Just in case yours doesn't Here is my version, with a little hint about how the flywheel goes on:
A. The flywheel has an axle with a little crank on each side of the wheel. They are spaced differently.
B. Hold it so each crank is right above its connecting wire.
C. Spread the support arms slightly and slip the flywheel ends into the little holes so it spins.
D. Hook each wire over the crank pin above it and click its hook onto the pin.
E. Sit the device atop a cup of hot coffee, wait 1-2 minutes, and spin the flywheel in one direction or the other to start it.
F. When it stops, remove the engine.
G. Drink the coffee.
You may choose to vary steps E through G.
They kind of snap on. No tools are needed.
Once I had the connecting rod snapped on, I put the engine in my hand, and I put it in front of a vent so that the AC blew on the top and my hand was underneath, there might have been a 20F difference in temperature. After a minute, I gave it a spin and it started. It ran slowly, about 60 RPM. But it ran. On the difference in temperature between my hand and the output from an AC vent.
I took it home, it ran most of the way. I have a sous vide that maintains 160F and has a plastic top to slow evaporation. I put it on top of the heated container. and after a short time I spun the engine and it started. I decided I wanted more speed, so I put a zip lock bag of crushed ice, sealed, on top. The speed probably hit 300 RPM.
The engine has been running for more than an hour. It runs about 70 RPM (just a guess, slightly faster than I would count seconds).
The fit and finish is better than I expected from looking at the picture. The engine is useless other than as a physics demonstration. I have wanted one of these for some time, but I never wanted to spend way more money than this costs for something that is just a toy..but this is much cheaper. It works. It is shiny.