|Item Weight||45 pounds|
|Product Dimensions||20.2 x 15.8 x 21.6 inches|
|Item model number||WC-20TL|
|Material Type||See Item|
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
2-Year Kitchen Protection Planfrom Assurant
- Delivered by e-mail; register and file claims online or by phone
- We will fix the item, replace or pay up to the original purchase cost of the item. Zero deductible
- Fully transferable if you give as a gift
- Cancel anytime for a full refund within the first 30 days
Sunpentown WC-20TL ThermoElectric with Touch Sensitive Controls 20-Bottle Wine Cooler
|Price:||$174.63 & FREE Shipping|
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers also shopped for
Compare with similar items
Avanti 12 Bottle Thermoelectric Counter Top Wine Cooler - Model EWC1201
EdgeStar CWF340DZ 34 Bottle Wine Cooler with Compressor - Freestanding
InSinkErator Essential XTR Garbage Disposal, 3/4 hp Food Disposal Unit, Gray
Magic Chef MCWC28B 28-Bottle Wine Cooler
NewAir AW-181E 18 Bottle Thermoelectric Wine Cooler, Black
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Color||Black||black||Stainless Steel||Gray||Black||Stainless Steel & Black|
20 Standard bottles capacity with removable shelves. Mirror glass door with black trim and cabinet reflects a contemporary look. Touch sensitive control panel with LED temperature display on door. Thermoelectric Technology (no compressor) offers a quiet operation with no vibration. Adjustable temperature between 54 to 66°F. Please note: This is not a build-in/under-counter unit. 5-inch clearance is required on all 4 sides for ventilation (left, right, back and top). Maximum temperature variance is 35 F degrees.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
- it's compact, looks MUCH better in person than the picture posted here
- easy to set up, plug and play
- has 5 shelves for 4 bottles each
- temperature can be controlled from the outside with digital controls (ranges from 54 degrees to I think 62 degrees)
- has a blue light on the inside that can be operated from the outside (looks nice, but not very useful)
- perfect size for some like me who's not looking to go crazy on a large professional grade cellar, but still cares abut the select wines purchased
- shelves are removable but this doesn't serve any purpose because removing even 2 shelves will not allow for a larger bottle to be stored vertically (a bottle shouldn't be stored vertically anyway)
- reasonably quiet. It does have a hum to it that takes a day or so to get used to.
- price is unbeatable for a good looking small-medium sized cellar
The not so good:
- The shelves are perhaps just an inch too close to each other. I personally don't think they are flimsy, they are fairly standard and hold up well when the cellar is fully loaded. However, they do seem to feel heavy if a heavy bottle is inserted. So far they seem to be holding up fine.
- This is a lightweight portable wine cellar. If only the top shelf is loaded with bottles and lower shelves are empty, I fear that it will topple. I make it a point to keep the weight evenly distributed with an extra bottle in the bottom shelf. I see another reviewer mentioned they have this on an IKEA coffee table - NOT a good idea!!
- Others have already pointed out that it doesn't accommodate Burgundy style bottles unless you remove a shelf.
- No humidity control. Now this is not really a negative for this product - I didn't expect it for this price, and most such cellars, even the expensive ones, don't include humidity control. It's just a feature that would have been awesome to have. It would make this a much longer term solution to storing wines.
When installing this for the first time, I noticed a strong plastic smell as soon as I opened the door - maybe from the packaging. Left the door open (not connected to power) for an hour and the smell was mostly gone. Connected it and set the temperature to 58 degrees. It went from the initial reading of 68 degrees to 58 degrees in about 2.5 hours. Once this temperature was reached, I loaded it up at this time.
All in all this is a great portable, inexpensive wine cellar with storage for 20 bottles that is just the right size for my needs.
UPDATE 08/22/13 - After having used this for almost a year, I still recommend this product highly. It is working great. The only thing I thought of pointing out is that in the event of a power failure, the unit will restore itself to 54 degrees once power is restored. Remember to turn the temperature back up to your desired setting after such an event.
The Cons: Space for wine in racks is sub-standard. For low to mid-quality liquor / grocery store wine, that I presume is consistently smaller in circumference, size is fine. However, for our finer wines with bottle circumference of 10.5" (or even 10"), they have to be jammed in, reducing space for other rows. Also, it takes almost two days to get down to 55-54 degrees the first time you plug it in.
The Pros: Love the size, it fits under my favorite pub table perfectly - so why couldn't they have made it an inch bigger to accommodate bigger bottles! Seems well made and sold, but LIGHT. I like the smooth glass door with recessed handle, rather than one that has to be installed and sticks out. It has stayed nice and cold and no condensation. I wanted to give it a 4, and really think at this price (paid less than $150) it's HARD to complain since it does work, but I'll say 3 because it should have been EASY to make it an inch bigger.
My recommendation: BUY it for everyday wine storage of average to small size bottles. If you are looking for a long term storage solution for high end wines, this isn't really the best choice.
The packaging it arrived in is very sturdy. I was very impressed by the care and attention that it was shipped it. The set up was very quick and easy. After extracting the unit from the 2 shipping boxes I plugged it in in my closet. The blue LED temperature display is pretty nice although in a dark room it might be annoying (I like it). The only other controls are the up/down buttons for the temperature. The semi-tinted glass is much nicer that pictured here. You have to see it to appreciate it. The LED light is bright and powerful and looks really nice through the tinted glass although it will only light up the top most row. Anything under that will be in the shadow of the top row (i.e. my bottom humidor is in the top humidors shadow when the light is on). I would imagine that the same thing would happen with wine bottles. It would have been nice to have some lights on the sides that illuminate the other racks. The unit reached its temperature setting (66 degrees, the highest maximum temperature) within 40-45 minutes. I was somewhat concerned about the noise as it seems some people have reported varying degrees although this must be tempered with individual tolerances to noise. I personally did not notice any noise. Keep in mind mine is stored in a closet (sliding doors, not walk-in). It is very quiet.
I initially couldn't find any instructions. I found them later in the unit itself stuck to the back wall. The instructions do suggest to leave the unit unplugged for 2 hours. I have not noticed any adverse affects from plugging it it right away. The instructions also mention that when the LED light goes out to call the manufacturer regarding replacement which typically means that it is not user replaced.
I fit these 2 humidors (http://www.amazon.com/Quality-Importers-Humidor-Mahogany-Finish/dp/B0055QM9S0/ref=sr_1_31?s=home-garden&ie=UTF8&qid=1410186126&sr=1-31&keywords=humidor) in this wine cooler with 1 (included) wine rack in the middle. They fit perfectly.
So far I am very pleased with this purchase (for my uses) and would heartily recommend this wine cooler, at least for my purposees).