- Save 20% each on Qualifying items offered by JJL LLC when you purchase 4 or more. Enter code 8ADNKIPX at checkout. Here's how (restrictions apply)
- ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ SPECIAL OFFER: Buy Any 3 or More Supreme Knife Sharpener and *SAVE an ADDITIONAL 15% off* Your Entire Order! ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Enter code P3UUQEQY at checkout. Here's how (restrictions apply). Enter code P3UUQEQY at checkout. Here's how (restrictions apply)
- ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐SPECIAL OFFER: Buy Any 2 or More Supreme Knife Sharpener and *SAVE an ADDITIONAL 10% off* Your Entire Order! ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐Enter code QMBUINRC at checkout. Here's how (restrictions apply). Enter code QMBUINRC at checkout. Here's how (restrictions apply)
- ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ SPECIAL OFFER: Buy Any 2 or More Supreme Knife Sharpener and *SAVE an ADDITIONAL 5% OFF* Your Entire Order! ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐Enter code CNS5PTH6 at checkout. Here's how (restrictions apply). Enter code CNS5PTH6 at checkout. Here's how (restrictions apply)
- Save 10% on this item when you purchase 1 or more SPECIAL OFFER offered by JJL LLC. Enter code QHZPPOR9 at checkout. Here's how (restrictions apply)
- Clip this coupon to save $1.00 on this product when you buy from Amazon.com. Here's how (restrictions apply)
SunrisePro Best Kitchen Knife Sharpener For Straight And Serrated Knives, Hands-Free, Safe For Family, Required No Skills, Space Saver, US patented, Red
Get free shipping
Free 5-8 business-day shipping within the U.S. when you order $25 of eligible items sold or fulfilled by Amazon.
Or get 4-5 business-day shipping on this item for $5.99. (Prices may vary for AK and HI.)Learn more about free shipping
$1.00 extra savings coupon applied at checkout.
$1.00 extra savings coupon applied to first order only.
Sorry. You are not eligible for this coupon.
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and Amazon Prime.
If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfillment by Amazon .
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- 100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEED OR YOUR MONEY BACK! The Original and USA Patented knife sharpener of its kind. WARNING: Don't Be Fooled When Someone Is Claiming Their's US patented unless you physically seen the product. Also, avoid buying Fake, Counterfeit, Piracy exact same product. When you purchase this product, you are buying the Original USA patented so you are making a wise investment decision and supporting America's Patent System.
- QUICK AND EASY You can use it to sharpen any type of knife quickly and easily with diamond precision. It has a strong suction cup mount which helps to make safe for bench use. This feature makes it the ideal sharpener for seniors.
- U.S.A PATENTED & POWERFUL SUCTION PAD Original and Patented knife sharpener of its kind. Its unique Patented suction bottom and round design makes it very easy to use.
- SHARPENS AT PERFECT ANGLE AND VARIETY OF TOOLS It can convert all your old knives into new. There is no reason to buy new knives. You can use it on kitchen cutlery, gardening shears etc. The sharpener has been tailored to attain a perfect angle. The patented design has features that make it superior to all the traditional stone and steel sharpeners. Further, Under 60 sec it sharpens your Kitchen Knives. Serrated Knives, Blender Blades etc.
- BETTER THAN MONEY BACK GUARANTEE - So Click the Add To Cart button to order. And if you arent happy for some reason simply ask for refund and you get to keep the product for FREE. You read that Correctly. If you arent happy, not only we will refund your money, you get to keep the product for FREE as a reward for investing your time with our product and for giving us a try.
Unlock 10% savings on this product when you subscribe to 5 or more products that arrive in the same month. Skip or cancel any time, and shipping is FREE. Learn more
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Special offers and product promotions
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Save Your Money & Your Pocketbooks
Save Your Money & Your Pocketbooks
Do you own a knife set that you love, but the blades are dull and stopped working as well as they once did? If you said 'yes,' there is no reason to buy a new set to replace them when you can use the SunrisePro Knife Sharpener to revitalize and "put the edge" back on your favorite cutlery.
When using a knife in the kitchen, an unsharpened blade makes you less efficient at cutting vegetables and fruits, meat, and poultry. A dull knife can add time and frustration to completing even the most basic cutting tasks, regardless of whether you're working with raw or cooked food items.
Keep your favorite knives sharp-edged at all times using the SunRise Pro - a revolutionary kitchen tool that's safe and easy to use. Ideal for use on Boning Knives, Chef Knives, Bread Knives, Steak Knives, Fillet Knives, Tomato Knives, Paring Knives, Cheese Knives, and Butcher Knives.
Don't have time to master all the skills of sharpening knives? No problem! There's no reason to waste time using sharpening stones that are not designed to create the perfect edge without a lot of practice and experience.
The SunrisePro helps you to get a precision edge every time you use it. Positioned at a 20-degree angle, the Sharpening Blades assure that your knives get an optimal sharpening using minimal effort.
To sharpen, all you need to do is place your kitchen knife blade into the unit at a 90-degree angle, then draw the knife out. Typically it only takes a few strokes to get your knife as sharp as new!
When using, we suggest using light pressure when operating the sharpener while pulling the knife backward against the blades to achieve an excellent result.
For best results, avoid swaying your blade from side to side while sharpening. Additionally, avoid pressing hard or using heavy strokes against the sharpener.
The SunrisePro Knife Sharpening System holds an Advanced Patent on its design that utilizes a Suction Pad to fasten the unit to the countertop surface by forming a seal that's so tight you would think it's screwed into place.
This suction seal removes the risk of injury because users don't have to use their free hand to hold it in place while using. The unit is simple and straightforward to remove from your counter when not in use.
Tungsten Carbide is a natural Earth element that's stronger and lasts longer than hardened Steel.
SunrisePro utilizes tungsten carbide technology to meet the demanding task of sharpening knife blades made of all materials.
You'll find that even the most expensive knives with strong steel blades can get kept razor sharp, helping you prolong the life of your kitchen knives.
This product is unlike many other knife sharpeners in that it works on serrated knives including bread knives and hunting knives.
However, we don’t recommend using the sharpener with fine toothed serrated blades.
Unlike other knife sharpeners that are big and bulky, the SunrisePro fits conveniently in a kitchen drawer or can get tucked away nicely anywhere on your kitchen countertop.
Compare with similar items
KitchenIQ 50009 Edge Grip 2 Stage Knife Sharpener, Black
PriorityChef Knife Sharpener for Straight and Serrated Knives, 2-Stage Diamond Coated Wheel System, Sharpens Dull Knives Quickly, Safe and Easy to Use
Bavarian Edge Kitchen Knife Sharpener by BulbHead, Sharpens, Hones, & Polishes Serrated, Beveled, Standard Blades
Ponixa Knife Sharpener, Tungsten Steel Sharpener, Suction Pad Design, Fully Polished, Excellent Quality, Red and Blue (2 Pack)
KLEVA SHARP NEW USA Patented Knife Sharpener - The quick way to sharpen knives in seconds - 100%
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||JJL LLC||Amazon.com||Priority Chef||BulbHead The Home Of Bright Ideas||Ponixa||KLEVA RANGE|
|Color||Red||Black||Black, chrome, silver||Bavarian Edge||Red and Blue||Black and Red|
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
The suction cup grips well on smooth surfaces: granite, glass, smooth tile or formica.
It grips even better if you spritz a little liquid on the rubber suction cup first!
You can use spray cleaner which is always handy in most kitchens. Spritz it then stick it. As an experiment, I adhered ours to a window and it stayed firmly on that vertical surface for three days!
You CAN use this in the vertical position, BUT you should know a couple of tricks.
If you wet the suction cup with tap water, there will still be microscopic bugs in the air, in the water and on your hands. If you then leave the sharpener attached to a window or the side of your fridge long enough, eventually mold will form.
You can stop mold by using rubbing alcohol to clean the rubber base AND the surface to which it is attached. By then using spray cleaner (with ammonia) or a disinfectant spray (instead of water) for increasing suction holding power, you will kill any contaminating critters. That way, you can keep your sharpener handy but out of the way for easy use whenever you need it!
HOW IT WORKS…
This operates on a different principle than sharpening stones. Stones and most traditional methods ABRADE metal by friction. This uses small carbide edges that SHAVE metal instead.
Since carbide is MUCH harder than steel, it literally cuts or “shaves” the edge. That is an advantage to those without sharpening skills, expensive stones or patience. This method does have some potential downsides, all of which you can overcome with a little knowledge.
You must understand that scraping or shaving the edge always produces microscopic fractures along the edge. The effect is like a super-small serration. That makes knives slice through tomato skins more easily because these tiny serrated “teeth” grab the skin like a saw blade.
That’s a good thing for most kitchen tasks, but it is horrifying to some knife aficionados and sharpening experts. Why?
This carbide “scraping” or “shaving” action removes too much metal for a purist’s liking. Also, unless the carbide’s edge is very sharp, AND your technique is sound, you can actually ruin a knife edge in a split second of inattention.
MANY Modern pro knives have adopted the more acute 15 degree angle of Eastern knives instead of the traditional 25 or 30 degree angle of Western chef’s knives.
Since this is factory set to the older wide angle, it is NOT recommended for Japanese knives or any modern high-quality knife with acute cutting angles.
THAT is the crucial clue!
DO NOT USE THIS on hand-made $300 knives! For those expensive professional tools you should either learn to sharpen with traditional stones and methods, get a quality electric sharpener (Chef's Choice 15 Trizor XV EdgeSelect Electric Knife Sharpener with 15 degree angle settings) OR send your knives out to a professional service for sharpening.
For most users, the wide edge-angle is OK, especially for everyday kitchen and work knives. What we lose in acute angled edges, we gain through the microscopic serrations of this carbide “scraping” method.
Normally, a wider angle produces a more durable edge. So even though they might not cut as easily, long lasting edges are good for rough chopping and in commercial kitchens where they must process hundreds of potatoes, carrots or chicken parts per shift.
Normally, a finer more acute cutting angle provides smoother cleaner cuts. That’s better for fine knives that sushi chefs use. Acute cutting angles are also better for decorative cuts with difficult things like onions, carrots and fancy “Frenched” fruits and vegetables.
Those are the “normal” considerations.
However, when sharpened to a 25 or 30 degree angle with carbide scraping, those wide angles are NOT more durable! That’s because the edge has those microscopic serrations which bend over easily. That means any knife sharpened with this type of tool will require more frequent sharpening. It also means your freshly sharpened kitchen knife will deposit microscopic chunks of steel into your food. Before you panic about that, think about technique!
There are ways around all these problems!
Some users LOVE this type of tool because it is practically foolproof. I agree. It is. So long as you do NOT press too hard and use progressively lighter and lighter strokes, the carbide scraping method will not leave hundreds of miniature steel chunks in food for your family to ingest.
Tip 5: Technique!
Start by pressing lightly for the first few strokes, then slightly “de-weight” the knife as you sharpen. Make final super-gentle strokes with only the lightest, softest pressure. That reduces the tendency of carbide scraping to tear the edge violently.
FURTHER… If you follow up with a gentle honing, (using a steel) that will remove almost all the potentially deciduous metal chunks.
Remember! A so-called “sharpening steel” does NOT sharpen! It only repairs and straightens microscopic inclusions on the edges. In this application, the steel does double duty by not only refining and repairing the (intentionally) rough edge, but also by removing the “burr” left by the cutting action of carbide.
Use a small drop of oil on the sharpener’s carbide blades, AND apply a little oil to your knife BEFORE you sharpen! Olive oil is OK.
The Carbide scraping method this tool employs will still work perfectly with lubrication. If you’ve ever seen how CNC machines use carbide cutting tools with copious cooling / lubricating liquids, you know they still cut despite the constant shower of coolant.
The crucial difference with a small hand-operated sharpener like this is, the oil prevents excess friction which tears the fragile knife edge.
It is that tearing action that causes more inclusions. Avoid the tearing action with a little oil, and the sharpener actually sharpens instead of scraping your knife’s edge to bits.
You can use a scraping method like this to establish a good cutting edge, then refine that edge with traditional strops.
Stropping compound is cheap. So is leather or MDF board to put the compounds on. I use a 4” x 12” MDF board with leather adhered to both sides; One side with green ( fine) compound; the other with white ( super fine) compound.
Stropping only requires an extra minute or less. It’s worth it! You get all the advantages of this fast and foolproof carbide scraper, PLUS the refined polished edge that not only lasts longer, but keeps metal out of your food. Pliant leather automatically produces a micro-bevel or rather a “micro curved bevel.” THAT is what makes your edges long lasting AND super sharp.
Obviously… we must ALWAYS CLEAN a freshly sharpened knife before use on food!
You knew that, right? Please tell me you knew that!
No one wants industrial diamonds or silicon / aluminum carbide in their food.
In conclusion, this thing is GREAT for less expensive knives, especially stainless steel kitchen knives that get used for many rough or big jobs. Those “daily-user” knives are usually less than $40 bucks; the kind everyone has… the kind that always benefits from a good sharpening!
With this type of sharpener, anyone can get cheap wide angle knives to cut almost as well as expensive narrow angle knives, at least for a short while. It does not require expert technique or long practice. You can do it well the first time.
You can get fairly good results with this sharpener even without this information. I only offer it to add something useful to the other five star reviews.
THIS particular sharpener is good because it automatically uses one versatile cutting angle. That is what makes it (virtually) foolproof. There are other manual carbide sharpeners available that do the same thing, but a different angles.
Also, there are hand held scrapers that allow a knowledgeable user to adapt to ANY cutting edge geometry. You do not need to be a sharpening geek (like me) to understand and use this inexpensive little tool.
In fact, I got this exclusively for family members who do not know or care about sharpening. When I must cook at my in-law’s house for holiday dinners, I bring this instead of my precious chef’s knives. In a few minutes, I can sharpen several of their criminally mistreated kitchen knives without fuss or mess. That makes me seem like a double hero. (both chef and sharpener)
If you have a drawer full of decent but dull knives, this is a good investment!
Demonstrate this on your friend’s and relative’s knives, they will love getting these as presents.
Use this information and my tips, you can get nearly professional quality edges!
I've had fancy knife branded sharpeners, electric ones, diamond honers, waterstones, you name it. As a woodworker I can stumble through tool sharpening with my grinding wheel and felt honing wheel but that never works so well with kitchen knives.
I'm so impressed by this little Sunrisepro sharpener I can hardly stand it. Affordable, simple, and it works SO WELL and so QUICKLY!
In the length of time it usually takes me to put a decent edge on one chef's knife, I got my whole kitchen collection nice and sharp.
I was a bit concerned about the amount of metal shaving I saw, so I asked the seller about it. Very promptly they replied that is a 'first time' effect as their sharpener creates the shaped edge. I can confirm that on a second sharpening there were almost no additional shavings.
I love this little gadget and have thrown out its predecessors.
* NOTE: Please, Use Caution If Touching The Blade After Sharpening. * This Will Slice Through A Finger Like A Razor.* See Video.
* This Utilizes 'Tungsten Carbide' In The Grooves, Which Is Stronger Than Steel. It's A Great Design Too. It's Compact.
* I Got This 14 Months Ago Because I Hate Dull Knives. I've Tried Multiple Sharpeners Nope, Didn't Get The Job Done.
* I've Thrown Away Knives Out Of Frustration. (Sure Wish I Had Them All Back Now).
* The First Time I Used This, My Knife Went From Dull To Razor Sharp. Just.Like.That. Impressive.
* And It's Simple To Use. No Electric, No Up And Down One Side And The Other, No Oiling. Just Slide The Knife Through.
* Placement Is Important. I Sit It On The Edge Of My Tile Counter, So, As It Slides Out And Back I Have More Control Of The Angle (See Video).
* This Works For All Sizes Of Knives. It Even Works On Serrated Knives Which Are Usually Quite Dull In My Home.
* Get This Sharpener And You Will Always Have Extremely Sharp Knives.
* Slice Meats (Even Semi-Frozen), Veggies, Cheeses, Anything In The Kitchen, With Almost No Effort.
* Another Thought: If You Don't Have It, Amazon Prime Is $99 A Year. It's Free 2-3 Day, UPS Or Fed-Ex Shipping For All Prime Items. They Offer Up A Trial, But It Gives 5-7 Day Shipping, Blah. And It Isn't Fed-Ex. I Just Paid The $99 At My Checkout And Got/Get My Products In 2-3 Business Days. Quite Often On Saturdays. It's A Solid Purchase If You Shop Amazon. Plus Amazon Video, Amazon Pantry And Amazon Music Are Included. I Love Ordering At Night And Having Something Arrive At My Front Door 2-3 Days Later By UPS/Fed-Ex. Especially During Busy Times Of The Year.
* If You Have Any Question, Email Me, Click My Username. I Will Answer.
* Hope This Information Helps. Thanks For Reading.