Truck Season Automotive HPC Magazine Deals Men's slip on sneakers nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Weekly One PCB for select Bang & Olufsen Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Shop by look Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite Find a new favorite show Find a new favorite show Find a new favorite show Shop now TG18PP_gno

Top Contributor: Baseballon February 12, 2012
We purchased a pair of these seat covers for our Radian 65 seats and have used them for three vacations. Total of seven flight on each bag (one trip had three flight legs on different days). Thus far, they have held up fine. The seats fit in well, not so large that there is a ton of extra space, but not tight enough to make it difficult to get the seat in and out. We are able to fit in small extras for check-in (like a pack of diapers, wipes (for two weeks), beach accessories/toys (not a bucket), or a peapod infant travel tent. In addition to one of the above items, we can typically add in some extra outerwear for the kids to fill in the space around the seat. We like to keep the bag rather full - we believe this helps prevent damage to the bag material. Also, I have found lately that when check-in a car seat using a free allowance, airlines have been sensitive to packing additional items. They used to ask us to open the bags to verify nothing is in the bags. This have not happened to us once with these compact bags...the check-in staff just looks at the profile, the weight and lets them go. So even though you can't store as much by way of capacity I find that we actually get more storage space due to the logistics of check-in.

We travel with three smaller kids, so transportation to and from airports is always difficult. I have been able to pack both of these covers with seats and one additional check-in sized bag on the main storage rack of a typical airport bag cart. I am then able to place one additional check-in sized bag and a rolling in-cabin bag on top of these bags - point being the compact size is very helpful.
on February 3, 2012
Why couldn't this have been made from Cordura or the like? It is on its last legs and we've really treated with as much care as one can with checked luggage including extra external duct tape on the corners (I long ago had to patch tears, incipient failures from the inside).

Update after 4 more flights
It is still working but has tears in the upper corners that we will have to reinforce. I'm not sure there's a better option out there besides making one yourself so I'd probably buy it again. We like that it is a good fit (though very tight -it requires that it be oriented one and only one way) so that it doesn't bang around but I would gladly have paid a few more dollars for there to be something in the corners to reduce wear and opportunities for failure.

Original review:

So far so good but I will update after more travel. It is a big improvement over the contractor plastic bags we've been using to check the Radian 65. The general quality seems fine after two flights, but I'm a little worried about the robustness of the zippers -they make some sharp turns.
on August 11, 2015
This was just what we needed to protect our Sunshine Kids (now called Diono) carseat while we were traveling by plane. It is a well-made bag that fits their seats perfectly. I have no trouble getting the seat in & out of the bag (which is saying a lot because their steel constructed seats are heavy!). It's got reinforced carrying handles as well. These seats were a good investment, so if you are traveling, especially by plane, I would highly recommend getting one of these bags to protect your carseat so it doesn't get damaged. For the small price, it's worth it!
on June 10, 2011
So we when on a trip from the East coast to the West coast and a layover so we needed this cover even some negative reviews about durability. What I did was go to a camping store and bought another 8 dollars worth of straps to "strength" the cover just in case. I basically wrapped the extra straps around it and when I had to lift it up I used the straps and I think that did the trick. I still used it as a backpack using the original straps.

I think the problem is the carseat is heavy and honestly I thought the stitchings were all fine and adequate. I think it's just the nature of the beast. You're running around in the airport, you may not have it zipped up completely, and you're rushing making sure your child is with you and if you grab it by one little strap in an awkward angle or position it may rip. I think I wouldn't have needed the extra straps if I knew I would be very careful with this...meaning I get the airport hours early so I'm not stressed and I can see that it's all packed up nicely and noone is giving me the evil eye cause I'm taking an extra minute putting things in the xray machine. Also if you checked this thing in, there's no way it would make it but that's just how the baggage handlers handle the bags. Not ripping on the handlers, they have tons of bags and just throw the bags around. We carried it on, so our child could use it on the plane.
One person found this helpful
VINE VOICEon October 25, 2011
I ordered this with the car seat since I knew we were going to be traveling and it's been worth every penny. This version is a heavy weight fabric and zipper that has help up to several cross country trips with minimal wear and tear. It is a bit snug for fitting the car seat in but if you get the seat to fold up all the way you can fit the car seat (and the adapter for putting it in rear-facing) in the bag in a rental car parking lot without to much effort. The bag has shoulder straps which are functional but nothing you'd want to go for miles in and a handle on the side for carrying the seat one handed. If you travel with this car seat this is a must have accessory.
on June 20, 2011
This bag was designed to fit the Sunshine Kids Radian Car Seats. Knowing that, I ordered it anyway for my daughters Graco booster seat since the reviews were mostly positive and I knew I needed something!

It's a snug fit but it fits! As anyone who owns a Turbobooster knows, the high seat back easily comes apart from the seat base. I simply took it apart, nested the two pieces together and slipped it into this bag. It was a little tight getting the zipper closed but once closed, the bag didn't pull or tug anywhere.

I've taken ours on one trip - checking the bag at the curb both times. It came through with no damage to the bag or the seat. I am VERY happy with this purchase and highly recommend it.
5 people found this helpful
on May 21, 2011
We ordered two of these for our car seats before we flew overseas recently. We wanted to gate check both seats, and needed to be able to carry them through the airport. The bags were great. The straps have a cushion pad on them, and I think it's designed about as good as it can get for hauling around heavy seats. Seats slipped into them easily, the bags are made of a good rugged material, and straps are adjustable. Also has a handle on the side to carry that way if desired.

Only one bag got one small tear in a corner after four flights, and it wasn't even the bag that ended up getting checked through to our final destination on the return home. All in all, absolutely worth the money if you are planning on flying. If you just want the bag to store your seat, it's probably still worth the expense.
on December 13, 2013
Read some reviews about this bag tearing en route, but our experience was different! The bag held up perfectly on a flight across the country, then across the Pacific, then another flight inside Australia, and all the way back. It feels like a tough bag, and the seat is a beast so I was afraid it would rip, but it was fine. I would recommend it if you have a Diono seat.

We have the Radian GTX (newer and I think bigger than the RXT) so it was a little bit of a tight fit to get it in the bag, but it did fit. The straps for wearing it like a back pack are not super comfy but they work.
on May 16, 2011
PROS:
-Sturdy material, heavy weight. I have no fear of ripping or wear and tear
-Designed specifically for the SUnshine Kids Radian
-Peace of mind when traveling that the carseat will not be damaged or dirtied by handlers
-Very snug fit so the carseat does not bang around inside (also can be a CON)

CONS:
-The carseat fits PERFECTLY inside which makes zipping it up difficult. On the first attempt with the carseat positioned perfectly inside, the little fabric zipper pull ripped off.
-I worry that the zipper will break because of how hard you must pull in order to zip the carseat up. I feel it is unnecessarily tight.
-No added padding to the bag so bumps when being throw in and out of planes/cars does not add any extra protection from breakage, just from being dirtied

OVERALL, worth the buy if you are traveling by plane and want to keep your expensive carseat clean.
on July 17, 2011
I bought this for a trip across the country and was worried at first after reading some reviews. Well, I loved it! I purchased 3 of them for our carseats and they all were great. I especially loved the backpack straps. I decided not to check the carseat (due to the extremely long line and that being the only item needing to be checked) and carried it thru the airport. It was heavy but the straps made it manageable with pushing the stroller and pulling a rolling suitcase. The quality is what I was hoping for. It stood up to the travel beautifully and was durable. I would definitely purchase again.
|0Comment|Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.