Lyft Industrial Deals HPC Best Books of the Month Red Shoes We Love nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stream your favorites. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon victoriaS2 victoriaS2 victoriaS2  Three new members of the Echo family Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now TG18_gno

Super Black: American Pop Culture and Black Superheroes
Format: Paperback|Change

on December 17, 2017
Information to lead to an even greater information trove out there. This book scratches the tip of the iceberg of our contribution and menial representation in the comic media genre world. I am going to enjoy reading this and immensely love to share its wealth of knowledge to my young clients.
on January 6, 2018
It wasn’t as large as I had hoped and I thought it would be a hard cover. It may have been my fault and I didnt read the description thoroughly but it’s still good and looks great. I just wanted to display it and it’s too small for the display shelf I purchased.
on March 28, 2013
I purchased this book because I wanted to learn about African-Americans in science fiction. I was amazed by the history, the education and the artistry of Black science fiction. I learned about the negativity, as well as the positivity of Black sci-fi characters in comic books, television, movies and documentaries. It is important for African-Americans to become more involved with sci-fi because there are plenty more stories about Black History to be told through sci-fi and other genres of literature.
on January 23, 2015
This book is the shish!!! I got this from the library and was mad it had to go back. I wasted NO time finding it on Amazon that same day! The author is very informative and shares useful and historical information about the roles of both past and present black super heroes in the American pop culture. I wish he would write one about black actors in movies.
on December 8, 2014
This is an excellent introduction (or review) of the history of Black superheroes. It takes into account some perspectives that have certainly not been considered or highlighted in more cursory evaluations. I don't agree with some of the points in the latter half of the book, but I found it a great read nonetheless.
on March 15, 2017
made a great gift
on August 7, 2014
What an amazing read! Dr. Nama presents a clear and compelling analysis of the role of race in super hero comic books. Super Black gives language to the experiences of African Americans seeking authentic representations in American Pop culture.
on January 13, 2014
One of the best written perspectives on the history of black superheroes. It's one of those gems that will probably made into a documentary.
on November 3, 2016
This was given as a gift to a super intellectual friend who is a fan of comics and also Blackness. I think this book is good because I had to sit through a 30 minute lecture about it which included a few low brow - Wow! , They included them? Cool!. : )
on January 20, 2016
Awesome text. For someone interested in (black) superheroes and what they do for society in text and in the world, this book was AMAZING! It taught me things I didn't even know and I will be using it as much as I can. Its short but really informative. Highly recommend for all superhero enthusiasts!