- Actors: Danny Dark, Olan Soule, Casey Kasem, Shannon Farnon, Norman Alden
- Format: Color, Full Screen, NTSC, Subtitled
- Language: English
- Subtitles: French, English, Spanish
- Region: Region 1 (U.S. and Canada only. Read more about DVD formats.)
- Number of discs: 1
- Rated: Not RatedNR
- Studio: WarnerBrothers
- DVD Release Date: October 8, 2013
- Run Time: 179 minutes
- Average Customer Review: 111 customer reviews
- ASIN: B00DVKKWFE
Amazon Best Sellers Rank:
#35,136 in Movies & TV (See Top 100 in Movies & TV)
- #4355 in Kids & Family DVDs
Super Friends Legacy Super Pwers S6 DVD
Frequently bought together
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Super Friends: Legacy of Super Powers (Season 6)
DC Comic book legends Superman, Batman, Robin, Wonder Woman, Aquaman and more resume the struggle for justice and protecting the world from galactic dangers, mad scientists and maniacal villians. Besides fighting evil, our super heroes rescue citizens who find themselves in harm’s way, providing some life-lessons for all of us. This incarnation of the Super Friends also includes the shape-shifting Wonder Twins, Zan and Jayna, their space monkey, Gleek and Hispanic superhero El Dorado. Helping the Super Friends battle giant mechanical cobras, alien mummies Lava Men and more, other super heroes from the DC pantheon – including Black Vulcan, Apache Chief, Hawkman and Hawkgirl pitch in to help out. Don’t miss out on all your favorite episodes and truth and justice the way you remember it!]]>
Read reviews that mention
Showing 1-8 of 111 reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Here's what you get.
The 1981-1982 Shorts: (Please note that every 3 cartoons listed below make up one half hour episode)
01) Outlaws Of Orion
02) Three Wishes
04) Mxyzptlk's Flick
05) Sink Hole
06) Alien Mummy
07) Evil From Krypton
08) The Creature From The Dump
09) Aircraft Terror
10) Lava Men
12) The Warlord's Amulet
13) The Iron Cyclops
14) Palette's Perils
16) Stowaways From Space
17) The Staraghosta Sea
18) The Witch's Arcade
(1 disc) Total running time: Approximately 2 hours & 12 minutes
At last! Now every season of Super Friends is finally available on DVD for fans to enjoy for years to come. After almost a whole decade of waiting (since "Challenge of the Super Friends" came out in 2004) many thought the whole series would never be available...but now it finally is. This is just amazing news and every fan should shed a sigh of relief and jump up and down with joy.
Order your copy of the 1981-82 season on DVD today!
COMPLETE SUPER FRIENDS DISCOGRAPHY BELOW:
[Season 1] "Super Friends!" Vol. One &Vol. Two - Sixteen 46 Minute Episodes (1973)
[Season 2] "The All-New Super Friends Hour" Vol. 1 &Vol. 2 - Fifteen 21 Minute Episodes & Forty-Five 7 Minute Shorts (1977)
[Season 3.1] "Challenge of the Super Friends" - Sixteen 21 Minute Episodes (1978)*
[Season 3.2] "Super Friends": Volume Two - Sixteen 21 Minute Episodes [Aired along side 'Challenge] (1978)
[Season 4] "The World's Greatest Super Friends!" - Eight 22 minute episodes - Available from Amazon on 11/12/13 (1979)
[Season 5] "Super Friends": A Dangerous Fate - Twenty-Four 7 minute shorts (1980-81)
[Season 6] "Super Friends": Legacy of Super Powers - Eighteen 7 minute shorts - AVAILABLE on DVD OCTOBER 8th! (1981-82)
[Season 7] "Super Friends": The Lost Episodes - Twenty-Four 7 Minute Shorts (1983)
[Season 8] "Super Friends: The Legendary Super Powers Show" - Sixteen 11 Minute Episodes (1984)
[Season 9] "The Super Powers Team: Galactic Guardians" - Six 21 Minute Episodes & Four 11 Minute Episodes (1985)
* - Amazon only allows 10 links per review, which is why I'm unable to create a link for this season.
There has been a lot of talk from many fans about the possibility of a "Complete Series" box set being released by Warner Bros. Though there's been no official word yet from WB (this may depend on how well the latest individual seasons sell) and while most of us dislike the idea of double dipping, this series is so well loved that, the idea of having every season released together in one huge set is a very popular idea..."if it's done right".
1. Packaging - This is #1 on my list because, if it isn't any good, it will hurt sales tremendously. This would be a 21 disc set (22, if we get a bonus disc) so the way in which the discs are stored in the case is of extreme importance. I'm not a fan of discs being stored in cardboard sleeves (a seemingly popular format by studios these days) because of how easily the discs wind up getting scratched every time you pull them out and put them back in the case. Having the box look like the Hall of Justice would be a nice touch, though I wouldn't mind it being similar, in size and shape, to the complete Justice League DVD box set, since that series was the future offspring of Super Friends and it would be nice to store them both together, side by side.
2. Bonus Disc - WB released a great documentary about Lou Scheimer & Filmation on their "DC Super Heroes: The Filmation Adventures" DVD. I would love to see them do something similar about the Super Friends, here, as a bonus disc. Unfortunately, many of the original creators, writers, and voice actors are no longer with us...but some are still around (Frank Welker, Casey Kasem, etc.). It would be fascinating to hear how the series came to be and more about that first season in '73 and why it took 3 years to retool things for season 2, in '77, after the first season did so poorly. Or why the series stopped in '85 after 9 seasons? etc. etc. etc. Someone must know something.
3. Replace flipper disc - The 2nd disc from "Challenge of the Super Friends" had information on both sides (instead of cover art) which is commonly known as a "flipper" disc. This was due to the bonus features that were included that took up extra room. It's the only flipper disc that was used in the entire Season sets run. It would be nice if Warner Bros. finally replaced this disc with a one-sided disc that had cover art, and possibly move the bonus features from the older edition to the new bonus disc.
4. Complete episode guide - This may be pushing things, but after so many fans were confused by the way WB released each season (out of order) individually, a complete episode guide, chronicling every season and episode in correct order, would be a great addition to the box set, in either a soft or hardcover edition.
Any other trinkets, such as toys cars or figures, might be nice, but not all that essential. Just my two cents. Whatever the case, if they do it, let's hope they do it right...
Super Friends (1973) Vol. 1
Super Friends (1973) Vol. 2
Super Friends (1977) The All New Super Friends Hour Vol. 1
Super Friends (1977) The All New Super Friends Hour Vol. 2
Super Friends (1978) Challenge of the Super Friends Vol 1
Super Friends (1978) Challenge of the Super Friends Vol 2
Super Friends (1979) World's Greatest Super Friends
Super Friends (1980-81) A Dangerous Fate
Super Friends (1981-82) Legacy of Super Powers
Super Friends (1983) The Lost Episodes
Super Friends (1984) The Legendary Super Powers Show
Super Friends (1985) The Super Powers Team, Galactic Guardians