Lyft Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited Get 10% cashback on thousands of musical instruments with your Amazon.com Store Credit Card Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon MozartintheJungle MozartintheJungle MozartintheJungle  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Shop Now STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 68 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 78 reviews
on December 13, 2012
This book is perfect for preschoolers! I love that with this Super Hero Squad series they took the classic supeheroes and gave them storylines that aren't too scary for little ones. This one is especially awesome as it introduces all the heroes, which makes life a lot easier for mommy (I'm constantly being asked who is who, and I didn't really know them all before!) Now my 3 year old likes to play "guess the superhero" and will give me clues like "he's red, and blue, and does stuff like a spider!" and I have to guess which superhero it is, lol. Anyway, this book is a big hit at our house!
on April 27, 2014
These superhero early readers are my nephew's new obsession. This title went straight to the top of his favorites list. He loved the fact that the superheroes were kids, and he's been really excited about reading it several times over. Very pleased with this one. The illustrations are really cool. Well worth the purchase.
on June 13, 2017
The kids love these!
on April 7, 2012
My little guy is going on four and really digs the Super Hero Squad. This book in particular he enjoys because it is a brief introduction to many characters. Every page or two features the name of a character and what he stands for or super power they possess. Mainly he enjoys this book because he knows the super heroes are good and he impresses himself by learning all the names. There's little storyline to this book and is very kid friendly in the fact there is zero violence or conflict. Personally, I wouldn't mind a little good on bad guy action as I do not see a little fighting leading to real violence, but for the extra protective parents out there rest assured this book is totally safe. I don't see the squad lasting too much past five years of age, at that point I think its time to move onto a little more advanced stories featuring the super heroes.
on March 19, 2014
Purchase for my 3 year old son, who is into super heroes.
It is a quick read with nicely illustrated pictures and no real fighting or violence (Wolverine is helping a cat out of a tree).

I did find it weird that the only female hero was Invisible Woman and she was playing a prank on someone, and that Colossus was drawing a comic strip.

However, from a 3 year old perspective, this was a thumbs up and he has asked to read it every night at bed time (sometimes twice).
on December 31, 2016
Come ON! There's one female super hero and SHE'S IN THE KITCHEN. I've got two boys and two girls and these things drive me bananas. No thanks.
on November 9, 2012
its really a good choice for your kindergartener practicing sight words. The sentences are short and the pictures allow your child to decode the words.
on February 16, 2012
I bought this book for my sons (2y and 6y) and they were really excited to read it since they are superheros lovers... The little one want me to read it all the time, and my older boy want to read it by himself all day.. Is amazing..
I have 3 of this book now and every time they do something well done I give them 1 book.. is an entertaining and educational gift.
on February 14, 2013
I purchased this for my two younger boys who are into super heroes, and let's be honest, there is little out there right now with younger age appropriate material. These are perfect, my 3 and 4 year old absolutely loved all of the episodes in this disc. I should know as I think we watched it for days! Really, there are good lessons in these, and my little super heroes couldn't be happier.
on January 8, 2014
My boys LOVE Super Heros, so this is a fun book. I gave it four stars because it spends more time explaining some characters than others. As someone else also wrote, the way they featured the woman super hero was in the kitchen. Could she not have been doing something exciting/adventurous like the others?