Industrial Deals HPC Design the future with O'Reilly Media Holiday Dress Guide nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Jon Batiste Electronics Gift Guide $54.99 for a limited time only Try it first with samples Handmade Gift Shop Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Snuggle Up with Your Favorite Holiday Movies on Amazon Video Snuggle Up with Your Favorite Holiday Movies on Amazon Video Snuggle Up with Your Favorite Holiday Movies on Amazon Video  Echo Devices starting at $29.99 Save $30 on All-New Fire HD 8. Limited-time offer. $20 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now HTL17_gno

on March 30, 2015
If you're a fan of Super Mario games... you're gonna like this. Great controls, awesome 3D graphics, smooth gameplay, etc. Difficulty isn't very over the top, but that's probably for the best since you'll often replay most levels trying to get all the stars. Easy to pick up and put down on the fly, which is great for a handheld game. **Save a few buck and buy used if you can. Cartridge based games hold up well over time.

I've enjoyed this much more than the Mario Galaxy versions on the Wii, and I'm tempted to now buy Super Mario 3D World for the Wii U since this style is so well done.
on October 27, 2013
Simply put, this game is delightful. It's pure, blissful fun that hearkens back to the old school games while introducing thoughtful and interesting new elements. (I feel like a Nintendo PR person writing this, but just thinking about this game puts a smile on my face).

The game is divided up into worlds, each with a certain number of levels. You pass through a linear overworld and complete each level, earning up to three stars in each world. Completionists can also strive for one other accomplishment - I'll let you figure that one out when you play.

It's the little touches that make the game shine. The way you kill Bowser will bring back memories for many gamers (I'll leave it up to you to find out if you don't already know).

The 3D effect is well done and often makes for awe-inspiring scenery. When you fly downward or upward ("out of" or "into" the screen) you'll see why the 3D effect is both useful and entertaining. It can also be used to solve puzzles. While it can be nauseating, it's also a thrill for the times when you do have it on.

For those who got started with a 3DS with Pokemon X and Y, this is a great second game. You'll be thrilled with the allusions to Mario's past. And, more likely than not, you won't be able to put it down.
on August 26, 2017
Such an awesome and easy game. It has everything you love about Mario. The level designs are incredible, the power ups are amazing, the game-play is a lot of fun, and Mario is just as chipper as ever. Not too big on story, but most Mario games aren't, and it's okay. Whether 9 or 90, Mario is a ton of fun to play. I recommend adding this game to your collection to awesome games.
on July 9, 2014
Super Mario 3D Land did a great job of taking me back to when I first played Mario 64. If you played Mario 64, I am certain you will get the same sense of nostalgia.

Super Mario 3D land is for the most part an open do-what-you-want game. The game has adapted concepts from other past Mario games and has melded them into what you see here. All of the concepts they took have been added/modified very well to fit an original Mario experience. This game is so relatable to Mario 64, that I almost want to call it a sequel with items from other older games. Anyone who is a fan of Mario will enjoy playing through Super Mario 3D Land.

The problem I had with this game is that each level has a timer. It's clear that they wanted to give you a Mario 64 feel when you play this game, so why restrict exploration with a timer? I enjoy playing games with no threat of losing simply because I wanted to explore. This game is excellent for any Mario fans or kids, but make sure they know it has timers in every level.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon December 28, 2016
There is nothing that can be said about this that hasn't already been said. It's awesome! I love it. Highly recommended for hours and days of play time! Enjoy!
on November 5, 2017
So, Mario is back for Super Mario 3D Land where you run, jump, glide, slide and what Mario does to survive maddening courses of death to do eventual battle with the Bowser. If you do well enough the first time around a certain brother of his also joins Mario in his adventure...
on July 4, 2013
I recently purchased Super Mario 3D Land for my 3DS because I saw its great reviews, plus, I'm already a Mario fan. This game meets all of my expectations and more. It is extremely fun - this game combines the original elements from the platformers with the 3D world. It works beautifully. The levels are designed perfectly with a great amount of difficulty. Some say the game starts too easy, but I disagree. The game is not at all easy, especially nearing the end. The game also re-introduces the Tanooki Suit. You cannot fly with it, but the hover ability is extremely useful with some tricky platforming areas. And of course, the game looks beautiful in 3D. The game does not require 3D to be enjoyable, though. I played the majority of it with the feature turned off, but there are certain areas that almost require you to turn it on - very creative! It was hair-rippingly difficult on certain levels, keeping me coming back over and over. I've already played it twice all the way through and love it. I recommend this game to anybody who loves Mario games.
on August 29, 2013
I wasn't sure if I wanted this game because it looked so easy. I watched all the youtube videos and figured I could get through this game (I'm not a big Mario fan but I play it every now and then). I beat this game in two days! I should say the first set of levels. I was really close to writing a bad review because I thought the first set of worlds was the entire game. I felt so stupid when I found out there was SO MUCH more to do. There's a special world with 8 more levels which makes the first levels look like a cake walk!! Don't underestimate this game once you save princess peach you will be challenged or at least I was. This is a great game and I'd recommend it to anyone who has just purchased a 3ds.

The only thing that took some getting used to was my depth perception in the game. I would die or lose my power ups because I couldn't tell where I was aiming. I would think I'm stomping on a goomba and end up landing on the space next to it. It was annoying and took a second to get used to. I think my perception was more screwed up with 3d on but after a few days of playing you get the hang of it.
on October 26, 2015
Bought my kid a new 3ds for christmas, and I chose this game for him. I tried it out and let me tell you, this is an awesome Mario game. This game is perfect for young kids and their use of the 3d features is on point. This game has all the classic features of the original Mario games, the music the linear play and all the classic bad guys. Combination of Mario 64 and old school Mario.Great first game, very satisfied.
on January 25, 2013
I am a Mario fan from back in the day of the original SMB. This game is a bit different in that you don't just travel from left to right or up and down like normal due to the 3D effect. When you (Mario) fall, you get the experience of the fall! This may sound weird but I have a fear of heights, and this game actually brings that out in some of the worlds. It's quite intense. When jumping up on a platform or box as Mario does all the time, you have to have alot of control because he not only can fall off the front of it (as with the other Mario games like The New SMB 2), but he can also fall off both sides too. I find it a little bit hard, and am glad they offer a "Fly to Flag Pole" easy way, when some worlds I just can't get through on my own.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.