Industrial Deals HPC Save up to 90% on textbooks Womens Red and Rose nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc New year, new music. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Garnet Jewelry Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon harrypotter harrypotter harrypotter  Three new members of the Echo family Today only: Save $30 on All-New Fire HD 8. Limited-time offer. Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now

on December 25, 2016
I got the game very quickly and its in good condition even though it came with a blank case, all that matters is the game. It brought back good memories from my childhood and plays well on my newDS!
on February 3, 2015
The game itself is fine. People are upset about the changes made to SM64, but they don't bother me that much. It's largely the same game, with more features and slightly altered controls.

However, the particular copy that I bought quit working after maybe three plays, which is dreadful.
on December 14, 2017
This is one of the best Mario games period. Just awesome to have this and being able to play on the go
on November 22, 2016
on May 7, 2016
One of my favorite games! I have a 3ds and this ds game plays nicely on it without the 3d though. Item was as described! Very happy and strongly urge you to buy it if you havent!
on March 27, 2007
Mario fans will love this game. Typical storyline (save the princess from bowser) but still very fun. The levels in this game are not to difficult to complete, but they are challenging enough to keep you entertained for a good long while. I find the mini games very fun as well. There are a lot of things to unlock. This game has a lot of things that if your not careful, you'll probably miss. I personally enjoy that type of thing. Its fun to discover things that you didn't know where there. If your looking for a fresh twist on a modern classic - This is it!
on October 24, 2013
"Hey, we've got a new portable system releasing in the fall of '04, but we don't have time to come up with a new, hot title for it.. What are we gonna do, Mr. Miyamoto? ..."Let's port Mario 64! We'll jus add a few levels, bells, stars, and whistles, some minigames, and touch controls, and it will sell millions!"
--Overheard and translated from Nintendo of Japan LTD. Circa spring '03

Okay, so that conversational exchange may not have really happened, but it more or less sums up the product nicely.

For everyone who fell for the "L is real" or Luigi hidden in Mario64 prank from the 90's, well he's playable this time, along with Wario and Yoshi. In fact, the game starts you out as Yoshi, in search of Mario and the rest of the gang. The powerup hats system has been remixed in an interesting way, that I won't spoil here, but it definitely adds to the charm of the game overall.

The best possible version of the hardware to play it on, in my humble opinion would be the 3ds XL, as the screen is bigger, and much crisper than any before it in the Nintendo hardware family, plus the analog stick on the 3ds does smooth directional transitions from input to input, ALMOST but NOT QUITE like the original N64 control stick. However you will still have to press a button to run. The next would be the DSi XL, again for being the next brightest, big screen.

The only negatives I would throw at this game is the throwaway mutiplayer game, and the graphics taking a more noticeable hit from the original when played on the newer hardware.
on January 3, 2014
Brought this for my grandson as a Christmas present. This was a pre-owned item but the package looked almost like new. My grandson played it as soon as he got it with no complaints. I don't play video games so I can't tell you about the game itself but my grandson had a good time playing it and is still thanking me.
on February 5, 2014
Mostly bought this game for the nostalgia factor. And to play Mario on the go. It is pretty much the same game as the original version, with the added characters and some different stars to collect. The thing that I dislike the most are the controls. You are not able to as precisely control the characters in this game (mostly the movement on the joystick) as compared to the N64 version, which really disappointed me. This game requires precise movement at times, and the lack of being able to control your character as you could before is really off putting and makes for some frustrating game play. Super Mario 64 is one of my favorite games of all time (easily 5 stars on the N64 version), but this one just doesn't hold up to what I'd hoped for.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on October 8, 2014
Been looking for this game for awhile and it's great. Great remastered version I the orginal with small tweaks for the DS. My only gripe is that the camera is very annoying and you often have to manually change view only to have it change once you move.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.