|Fits as expected||
Super Mario Brothers Deluxe Mario Costume
|Price:||$44.99 - $158.90 & FREE Returns on some sizes and colors. Details|
- Complete Costume Package Includes Mario Jumpsuit, Inflatable Belly, Hat And Moustache
- This is an official super mario licensed item
- Perfect costume for that perfect party
- Hand wash, hang to dry
- Made In China
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
RUBIE'S SUPER MARIO DELUXE SUPER MARIO COSTUME Style# 889230 Size: L4244 MENS
If your dream is to be a short Italian plumber from the Mushroom Kingdom then this Super Mario Deluxe costume is for you
- Product Dimensions: 14 x 2 x 10 inches
- Shipping Weight: 1.4 pounds (View shipping rates and policies)
- ASIN: B003ODIDJK
- Item model number: 889230
- Date first available at Amazon.com: January 1, 2008
- Domestic Shipping: This item is also available for shipping to select countries outside the U.S.
- International Shipping: This item is not eligible for international shipping. Learn More
- Average Customer Review:
Top Customer Reviews
The bottom line is that they were a huge hit. HUGE! Everybody loved them. I even had people asking if they could borrow them for Halloween. I told them no, since I now intend to wear this for Halloween.
Included is everything pictured. The gloves, the "suit", the hat, and the mustache. Let me review these individually.
The gloves: This was probably the worst part of the costume. When you put your gloves on, you pretty much lose 80% functionality with your hands. The gloves are very awkward to wear as they are over-sized and, in my opinion, not made with comfort in mind. So, just keep that in mind. They can be taken off easily, though it did seem that putting them back on isn't the easiest thing. They don't exactly fit like, well, a glove (sorry, I know that was bad).
The suit: I didn't realize this, but the shirt and the overalls are actually one item. I had considered purchasing overalls and just wearing the shirt but that actually did not turn out to be an option. It all is held together by a small Velcro attachment in the back that my wife had to continually put back into place. It looks a bit cartoony, but people loved it nonetheless.
The hat: This is the highlight of this costume. The hat is not a baseball cap with an M thrown on it. It is a plush had that purposely looks cartoony, as it should. It has an elastic band inside making it an easy one-size-fits-all type of hat. I really enjoyed that hat!
The mustache: The mustache is okay and really adds to the costume.Read more ›
it was for jacket size 42-44 which is the right size for him. The costume came and is good quality for the price, however, they really
should say this costume is for very short bodied guys. There is no way my husband can wear this in public without breaking some
kind of decency law. Otherwise its ok. Just a heads up to potential buyers so they can avoid the modifications I have to try to make
In time for Halloween
The overall look is great, and was a big hit with both adults and kids. The material is solid enough, no tears or rips after wearing it. One of the false yellow buttons did pop off at the end of the night, but I think that was my fault mostly.
1. The fit absolutely runs small. If you are 5'6" or below, it should be fine. And by this I am referring to the length. I am a fairly big guy, and the width was not an issue to fit all of me comfortably. But the major issue lies in the crotch area. Tight to the point of being unwearable without being arrested for public indecency, and definitely not without a hell of a lot of discomfort. My wife fortunately is good at sewing, so what she did was sew in extra blue material to the seam above the crotch to loosen it up. There was still a slight wedgie issue in the back, but it was tolerable.
2. The back only has a couple of small pieces of velcro to try and hold it together. For a bigger guy like me, this didn't work. So all we did was take the sticky back type velcro and run it all the way down the back. Much better.
3. The hat seems to run a little big, enough to where if you have an average size head or less it probably would fly off with the slightest gust of wind. My wife came in handy here too, she put some elastic inside to make it fit a little tighter.
4. Some people said the gloves render your hands unusable, but I disagree. I could of gripped pretty well with them, but alas they are still awkward and not really conforming to the shape of the hand.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Somewhat short in the pants (for a 6' 3" guy) but other than that it fit great!Published 5 months ago by britty
I purchased the largest one and the sizing says it should fit people my height I'm 6'2'" But this thing was so tight in the crotch it gave me major case of grape smuggling. Read morePublished 5 months ago by Cale Ledford
Im a regular sized guy M-L. this suit rides up ALOT. had to cut it .Published 5 months ago by Steve
Other reviewers are right on when they say this costume runs really small. We took a chance because my husband is 5'6" and about 160lb. Read morePublished 7 months ago by mamaluvs2shop
This was an amazing costume, what really made the costume was the mustache. I saw so many Mario's on Halloween and it seemed everyone envied the mustache. Read morePublished 8 months ago by Cop91
The fit was as expected however the quality and detail of the costume were not. This costume is sold here for $30 more than other costume websites and we thought the pictures... Read morePublished 8 months ago by Zachary C.
Costume fit as expected. A bit more crotch room would have been good.
Velcro in back was a bit light, kept coming open during normal activity. Read more
I'm 5' 10", 155lbs. I wear small size shirts (and sometimes medium). Jean size 32-33.
After reading over 50 reviews here (yes, I did), I knew I had to go for Large size. Read more