Top positive review
One person found this helpful
Very similar to the first one
on June 24, 2010
I got SMG2 last week and I'm in World 3 so my comments only apply to what I have seen so far in the game.
- The levels are much easier to access. You don't have to walk all around the spaceship to figure out what levels you haven't completed yet. That is a nice improvement.
- If you liked the first game, then you're almost guaranteed to like this one because it is so similar to SMG1.
- Music is definitely not as good as the music in SMG1. The music in the first one was so good that I just had to get the songs for it online. (1/12/11 update: you can listen to all the songs for free on Grooveshark)
- Lack of novelty. This can be a good or a bad thing. Some reviews suggest that this game has massive changes/improvements over SMG1. If that's what you're expecting I would say prepare to be disappointed. With the exception of a few relatively minor changes, you're pretty much playing the same game (which is NOT to say that it isn't fun!). SMG1 was SO different from other video games that the novelty of it blew people's mind. The changes in this game when compared to the first one are very minor.
- Although the graphics are good, they are not as impressive as SMG1 if you ask me. The background graphics (of galaxies, etc) blew me away in SMG1 so maybe my expectations were too high this time.
One final comment I would like to make is about the level of difficulty. Yes, some levels are very challenging. But (so far) I disagree with some reviewers that are saying that this game is A LOT harder than SMG1. I think they're about the same. If you can beat SMG1 I don't see why you wouldn't be able to beat this game.